Res 4-2
    3rd 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Suns vs suburbs
    1st 9-3
    Res 4-2
    3rd 2-3
    9-4

Just a note. Referring decision to play this game was disgusting. Pitch was full of puddles across the park, mainly just before the 18 yard line either side, not to mention the cricket pitch, which was obviously unplayable. To the point where a shot was going to go in (for the Suns) and the ball stopped, before going in. Referees need to make a sensible decision here. It was dangerous.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 19-07-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    midfield struggle with Cardiff creating a few more chances. 2 goals in the final 10 mins made it interesting
    It was a good day out at Cardiff.....conditions were not too bad. The cricket pitch was hellish slippery though !

Thirds was a good tussle....1 all was a fair result...Uni had a defender sent off in the second half (foul in the penalty box)...Very dubious call.... What was worse though....The young Main referee had already given a yellow...But the older linesman then had a chat with him and he then went back to the defender and gave a straight red ! I don't know if that's in the rule book !!

Reserves was a good tussle with both sides having missed opportunities...Cardiff had two one on ones with the keeper that they could not find the net with, and Uni missed several opportunities...with one header hitting the bar and being defended out. Also Uni had 3 men backing up from thirds who had had full games...so it was always going to be a struggle.
    Cardiff went 1 up in the second half when a long ball was not defended strongly leading to their striker pinching it and slotting it past the keeper on the run...definitely a nice goal....the Cardiff striker was later subbed which was helped Uni as he was their danger player.
    The Uni goal came from a defender gathering ther ball on the cricket pitch in the middle of the park, controlling and shooting from 35 yards out (just off the cricket pitch). He drove it and with the wind behind the ball it kept going..it was heading for the top right corner of the goal when the Cardiff keeper jumped and got hands to it but couldn't control it.....so a goal from 35 yards - and celebrations accordingly ! A draw was a fair result as both teams had chances and both teams failed to convert.

The firsts game was tough for Uni who are missing a lot of players....Cardiff showed why they are near the top with some good quality passing and backing up in the middle of the park. Uni seemed to just keep them out with a final touch or body in the way. Eventually the pressure and filed position was too much with Cardiff having a nice shot from around the 18 yard line which went in to the right of the goal, through a few Uni players. The second Cardiff goal came from their sub who received a good pass and made a lovely run down the left for a one on one with the keeper - cooly slotted for a very nice goal.

I didn't get to see the Uni goal but it must have come fairly close to full time.... Cardiff played very well and deserved the win. Uni tried hard but are lacking the quality of football required.

This weekend see's Uni V Dudley at Ray Watt...Given where the clubs are poised in thirds and reserves, and that Uni firsts need a win to stay in the top 4, it should be a good day between very equal teams !

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    9-4

Just a note. Referring decision to play this game was disgusting. Pitch was full of puddles across the park, mainly just before the 18 yard line either side, not to mention the cricket pitch, which was obviously unplayable. To the point where a shot was going to go in (for the Suns) and the ball stopped, before going in. Referees need to make a sensible decision here. It was dangerous.
    Did either club make complaints prior to the start of any of the games ? Not sure where this stands in the rule book (if a club makes a complaint)....I would assume that if both clubs complain that the conditions are dangerous then the referees would be obliged to cancel ? But in the end it must be the referee's call ? I wouldn't like to see players safety come second to the ref's getting their dollars for the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    Did either club make complaints prior to the start of any of the games ? Not sure where this stands in the rule book (if a club makes a complaint)....I would assume that if both clubs complain that the conditions are dangerous then the referees would be obliged to cancel ? But in the end it must be the referee's call ? I wouldn't like to see players safety come second to the ref's getting their dollars for the day....
    Before 1st's kicked off, the ref came in to the changeroom and asked to have a representative/coach of Suburb to come out to inspect the pitch as he was contemplating calling the game off due to safety concerns..
    I'm guessing someone from Suns went out there too. The fact the game was played would suggest all parties involved had agreed it would be good enough to play on?

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Barnsley berro
    3rds 0-3 I think
    Res 1-2
    1st 3-5
    Pretty tough game in first berro coming from behind twice to take the win.
    Sounds like a decent effort from barnsley, i was expecting a comfortable win for bero but got told they only won it very late. I guess that is why they are on top of table, scrapping it out and winning games from difficult positions is a sign of a good team.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

If thats what has occurred then fair play to the ref...(ref coming to change room and asking the question) He did what was required. I guess after having two games played already and with limited time left in the comp for make ups it was a "we may as well play it to get it completed" scenario.

I remember playing in a Grand Final (for New Lambton Eagles) back in mid 2000's (New Lambton had all three grades in finals)...playing at Adamstown Oval....the pitch was under water !! in many spots!!...and the clubs said they didn't want to play it but the association people (who had set up their tents and trophies etc) "urged" the referees to play the games. All players were against playing...both clubs asked to postpone.

Anyway...the ground was totally un-playable! people sliding, throwing themselves into 10 metre long slide tackles...the ball stopping dead, or, skipping on the water.... you literally could not pass a ball and know what it was going to do....It was a farce. At the second half of reserves the ref's were approached (again) in regards to calling it off...with the reply that they felt it was safe...as long as everybody didn't tackle hard ! In a GRAND FINAL ! Pathetic !

Anyway....thirds and Reserves games finished....and then the clubs basically told the referees and the association that they would not be taking the field....so after all that.... they delayed it for a week !

If thats what has occurred then fair play to the ref...(ref coming to change room and asking the question) He did what was required. I guess after having two games played already and with limited time left in the comp for make ups it was a "we may as well play it to get it completed" scenario.

I remember playing in a Grand Final (for New Lambton Eagles) back in mid 2000's (New Lambton had all three grades in finals)...playing at Adamstown Oval....the pitch was under water !! in many spots!!...and the clubs said they didn't want to play it but the association people (who had set up their tents and trophies etc) "urged" the referees to play the games. All players were against playing...both clubs asked to postpone.

Anyway...the ground was totally un-playable! people sliding, throwing themselves into 10 metre long slide tackles...the ball stopping dead, or, skipping on the water.... you literally could not pass a ball and know what it was going to do....It was a farce. At the second half of reserves the ref's were approached (again) in regards to calling it off...with the reply that they felt it was safe...as long as everybody didn't tackle hard ! In a GRAND FINAL ! Pathetic !

Anyway....thirds and Reserves games finished....and then the clubs basically told the referees and the association that they would not be taking the field....so after all that.... they delayed it for a week !
    Hahahaha hectic..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the field was fine at all (as you said, Suns had open goal tapped in only to stop in the mud).. Just that there had been consultation and decisions made beforehand that it would go ahead..

Its just coming down to the time of the season where playing mid week matches is a killer.... Bodies get sore and tired, injuries occur.... Games are never guaranteed with the weather lately either !

Its just coming down to the time of the season where playing mid week matches is a killer.... Bodies get sore and tired, injuries occur.... Games are never guaranteed with the weather lately either !
    With the weather, like you said, and condition of most grounds its really not taking much rain to make them really wet. Even with a week of dry weather most grounds are a friday night or saturday morning shower away from being close to unplayable in sections and those with cricket pitches tend to be the worst for it.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Sounds like a decent effort from barnsley, i was expecting a comfortable win for bero but got told they only won it very late. I guess that is why they are on top of table, scrapping it out and winning games from difficult positions is a sign of a good team.
    Was great effort from Barnsley to compete with berro. Think Danny Burt won the game for them he didn't let them give up and didn't shut up whole game telling his boys they had goals and a win in them..

Just noted in Pulse that Barnsley / Mayfield still have a catch up game...is that correct ? If so when is it being played ?

Cheers
    Last edited by Phoenix12; 21-07-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Phoenix 12
    SP says 28/7 for 1st and Res 30/7 for 3rds

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Phoenix 12
    SP says 28/7 for 1st and Res 30/7 for 3rds
    Thats' right, games are next week after a few attempts being washed out.

9-4

Wasn't the game 9-3??
    Everyone I've spoken to said 9-3
    Not a big issue
    Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Wasn't the game 9-3??
    Everyone I've spoken to said 9-3
    Not a big issue
    Just curious
    SP says 9-3

9-4

It was 9-3, and like soo many have stated both parties were spoken to and the rules of the law laid down by Father(The Ref). It was an entertaining game and no one got hurt/injured from the conditions, both teams played clean and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    It was 9-3, and like soo many have stated both parties were spoken to and the rules of the law laid down by Father(The Ref). It was an entertaining game and no one got hurt/injured from the conditions, both teams played clean and fair.
    Was this 'Father' one CB? (Bon 'll know who I'm referring to)
    If so, one I certainly have a lot of time for. Spades are spades....

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Was this 'Father' one CB? (Bon 'll know who I'm referring to)
    If so, one I certainly have a lot of time for. Spades are spades....
    Is there any other