Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Fair enough...I wouldnt call it a renovation though...more like a gesture of appeasement.

It did bring the level of the facilities up a notch.... Unfortunately teams cant play the game in the sheds, and I am sure the Eagles would have preferred some grass to play on instead of dirt.

Anyway, good banter....and I would still like to see the photos of the 50/50 ground !

Lawless would have to have a few at Bero. Cody at Cardiff had 12 at the halfway mark and doesn't play till last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Player and I'm disappointed for the fact, in an under performing club our reserve grade squad after getting chopped and change every week to try sort out first grade have started to get consistent players towards end of year and producing results to get that game completely taken from you like that is disheartening for them..
    Enjoy ZL1.

hope everyone has there card tally in check, question was asked why letters are not forthcoming like previous years, answer is "it is the clubs responsibility to keep track of yellow and red card tallies throughout the year, letters are sent for reds as they come in, but yellows need to be mainly policed by clubs"
    so if you have been waiting for letters before standing players down, lookout.....they are working with new database system and should be ready for a cross check shortly

I think lawlo is on 15 or so, but did miss pretty much the first half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    hope everyone has there card tally in check, question was asked why letters are not forthcoming like previous years, answer is "it is the clubs responsibility to keep track of yellow and red card tallies throughout the year, letters are sent for reds as they come in, but yellows need to be mainly policed by clubs"
    so if you have been waiting for letters before standing players down, lookout.....they are working with new database system and should be ready for a cross check shortly
    Yep
    Got a sanction notice today for a player when his last yellow card was in round 9 as he has been injured, but apparently that is where they are only up to with entering cards.

Should make it interesting next week as its a pretty big weekend across all Zone Comps !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Enjoy ZL1.
    Shit yea can't wait..

Good call might of hit a nerve 10 weeks ago when realised we would go down ha ha ha ha

Samwise has 23, I believe Bevo from Swansea is in 2nd with 19. Oh and Premy has 1
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Is that a suggestion that we have 'mates' at NCC too? We weren't actually aware that any upgrades were happening at Alder Park, my understanding was that the lobbying came from the athletics club that also use the field. If we had any sway with the council we would have at least requested a facility with more than 1 public toilet.

You are 100% correct on the Adamstown oval situation though, once rosebuds got promoted to the NPL it was likely we would get moved on. Our point of contention was that we attempted to clarify the situation with NCC for a number of months ( to see where we would be moved to) and were only told a couple of weeks out from the start of the season. All in the past though, we are working towards improving alder park ( we all know it is currently shithouse) with our own fundraising ( nothing from NCC ).
    What is the new building at Alder Pk going to contain? Is it going to be more beneficial for the football club or will the Aths take it?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    What is the new building at Alder Pk going to contain? Is it going to be more beneficial for the football club or will the Aths take it?
    No new building mate, we were discussing the 'renovation' that occurred before the start of last year. Basically they put a lick of paint on the old sheds that were there, removed some public toilets and put in a canteen.

We are trying to source grant money etc to work on other aspects of the ground, but it will be a slow process as obviously there is a lot of work that needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    No new building mate, we were discussing the 'renovation' that occurred before the start of last year. Basically they put a lick of paint on the old sheds that were there, removed some public toilets and put in a canteen.

We are trying to source grant money etc to work on other aspects of the ground, but it will be a slow process as obviously there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
    And that.....along with this great quote from The magician "NCC plucked a few hundred thousand from somewhere when they 'dont have any money for projects" and renovated Alder Park"..... Is exactly what I was thinking Jordo.....

A Few hundred thousand ! Fair dinkum...they must pay those council blokes really really great wages !

Renovation ! what a piss take.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    And that.....along with this great quote from The magician "NCC plucked a few hundred thousand from somewhere when they 'dont have any money for projects" and renovated Alder Park"..... Is exactly what I was thinking Jordo.....

A Few hundred thousand ! Fair dinkum...they must pay those council blokes really really great wages !

Renovation ! what a piss take.....
    The sad things is I'm pretty sure it did cost that much. Obviously not value for money but that's the way things work in the local government arena isn't it.

2 years ago the council spent $150k at Connolly park
    All we got was a redone canteen and some extra space
    Probably only worth $50k max worth of work done

Cardiff V Mayfield tomorrow if Cardiff wins it secures the top four before last round only thing that will change is who finishes where..

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Cardiff V Mayfield tomorrow if Cardiff wins it secures the top four before last round only thing that will change is who finishes where..
    go the tigers

Hypothetical question, what would barnsley do today if there was a catch up match with New lambton? Today is more wet than the week it got washed out but they also have all their players available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    go the tigers
    Tigers 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by bjquick View Post
    Hypothetical question, what would barnsley do today if there was a catch up match with New lambton? Today is more wet than the week it got washed out but they also have all their players available.
    Wouldn't have any players available, had a club organised social day at one of our sponsors which wouldn't have been able to go ahead, just another reason supporting the fact that we didn't want to wash it out

Banned
    #tigers2016

Banned
    Majestic swan is dumb