Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

How awesome the club's canteen is

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Good to see gardos 1st graders getting the job done in reserve grade 👍🏻
    You are correct but GNY it has been good to see the boys getting the job done.
    It's a credit to the depth the Club has formed over the lest few year's and through hard work of various Coach's over that time.

This season has been a steep learning curve for many of our players. Something that we are proud of is the well known fact that we have lost a handful of 1st graders over the last 2 years and we have still put out competitive teams across all 3 grades. We are proud that we are in a position to promote from within and reward players that have put in the hard work to improve themselves as a player rather than going out and paying blokes to win a 4th tier amateur league.
    It's a testament to the great work done by some very dedicated people over the year's and it's that great work and Infectious culture that will continue to reap rewards for many years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

New Lambton scores still not updated????????

have had it confirmed they were put in sporting pulse yesterday but hasn't updated. The relevant party is checking it again however. Looks like we miss out on that area of the promotion criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    How awesome the club's canteen is
    Keeps Singo in NEWFM....what a canteen that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You are correct but GNY it has been good to see the boys getting the job done.
    It's a credit to the depth the Club has formed over the lest few year's and through hard work of various Coach's over that time.

This season has been a steep learning curve for many of our players. Something that we are proud of is the well known fact that we have lost a handful of 1st graders over the last 2 years and we have still put out competitive teams across all 3 grades. We are proud that we are in a position to promote from within and reward players that have put in the hard work to improve themselves as a player rather than going out and paying blokes to win a 4th tier amateur league.
    It's a testament to the great work done by some very dedicated people over the year's and it's that great work and Infectious culture that will continue to reap rewards for many years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Thanks for the compliment, I'm sure the Reserve grade boys will love being called first grade quality.

Fact is, there were zero "first grade" Garden Suburb boys in the reserves team. Garden Suburb boys turned up, Swansea didn't.

Score line should've been 6-7, if the boys didn't get complacent with their 4-0 lead.
    Well which one is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Well which one is it??
    Of the top of my head we've probably had about 20 different blokes play 1st grade this year so technically GNY is correct.

(Insert sarcastic vioce)
    Unfortunately 20 doesn't fit into 11 so for some funny reason we certain people play reserve grade, just this funny thing we do to field the strongest teams in 3 grades.

Edit: After a quick count we have had 25 players this year to have Start in 1st and an additional 3 who have had a start of the bench.
    Last edited by Premy; 04-08-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Of the top of my head we've probably had about 20 different blokes play 1st grade this year so technically GNY is correct.

(Insert sarcastic vioce)
    Unfortunately 20 doesn't fit into 11 so for some funny reason we certain people play reserve grade, just this funny thing we do to field the strongest teams in 3 grades.

Edit: After a quick count we have had 25 players this year to have Start in 1st and an additional 3 who have had a start of the bench.
    Yea it's the same at Barnsley when you're not performing well a lot of people tend to change between teams.

Just funny when you have 2 people from the one club say opposite things. Someone needs to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    have had it confirmed they were put in sporting pulse yesterday but hasn't updated. The relevant party is checking it again however. Looks like we miss out on that area of the promotion criteria.
    good source told me that's what happened last year.....

Yea it's the same at Barnsley when you're not performing well a lot of people tend to change between teams.

Just funny when you have 2 people from the one club say opposite things. Someone needs to point it out.
    Well it depends, the people in Reserve grade, only a handful would've started more than 5-6 games in first grade all season. Does this mean they're now only first graders and we're 'stacking' reserves? I don't think so.

Fact is, when we're short on numbers people go up, when people come back, they get dropped (some) while others have to earn their spot back.

Comments like gny's aren't required because they aren't true, to the full extent. We're not playing our first grade squad in reserves.

Well it depends, the people in Reserve grade, only a handful would've started more than 5-6 games in first grade all season. Does this mean they're now only first graders and we're 'stacking' reserves? I don't think so.

Fact is, when we're short on numbers people go up, when people come back, they get dropped (some) while others have to earn their spot back.

Comments like gny's aren't required because they aren't true, to the full extent. We're not playing our first grade squad in reserves.
    I think he is getting what he wants from the comment.

Facts are... If you have played 66% of your games in a higher grade you cant "start" in the lower grade. I cant see suburbs giving up on 1st grade 1/3 of the way through the season and stacking the lower grades, would be pretty dumb and honestly i cant see any club giving up on their 1st grade after 6 games.

What their bench looks like may be a different story, I wouldnt know, I dont play in this grade.

I think he is getting what he wants from the comment.
    I agree he should probably concentrate on getting back in 1st grade himself so he can collect his paycheck.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    You are dreaming if you think it was close. It was a different level between both teams and Heidelberg took the foot off a long way from home and a game to play in Vic Sat. As current leaders, Edgeworth would be competitive against NSW Supa League teams (2nd Div Sydney). Thats not necessarily bad just fact that this NPL, despite NNSWF size is average at best compared to Vic, NSW, SA and QLD. Prycey would confirm WA too. We need to promote a vibrant local comp and give ambitious clubs a chance to reach higher. Generate more interest thus more money thus better quality.
    So by your logic your Majesty, using a one off result as your measuring stick.
    Does that mean that the NNSW NPL is on par with the A-League?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Gee my comment has really upset you haha,

No you're wrong gny!
    Bon is definitely a reserve grader. Don't know how he's managed to hang on to a first grade spot for so long

Gny you just need to relax and collect your winners bonus

This winning bonus? Have I missed something,
    Also premy word is that bloke that cuts trees? Lumberjack or something stupid, is going back to the burbs next season?

Upset? No, you did hit a nerve but. I just wanted to clear up that we haven't stacked our Reserve Grade, I'm all good now.

This winning bonus? Have I missed something,
    Also premy word is that bloke that cuts trees? Lumberjack or something stupid, is going back to the burbs next season?
    Winning Bonus must only be for First Graders

I've also heard those rumors, however at this stage they are just that. It's a little to early to be speculating about who will be a Kingfisher next year. Lets wait until at least October before we start talking about that.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'm still unclear on this win bonus haha,
    Have played and won in 1st grade thus season , just play for fun not money ,
    Lez and those blokes will be good in ressies they will get use to a top 4 finish haha

It's a little to early to be speculating about who will be a Kingfisher next year. Lets wait until at least October before we start talking about that.
    Now now Premy, we all know you'll be a Kingfisher next year