Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

3rds 2-1 bero
    Res 3-2 bero

Would this weather be enough to wash any grounds out this far from the weekend? There has been a fair bit and still more to come by the looks.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Would this weather be enough to wash any grounds out this far from the weekend? There has been a fair bit and still more to come by the looks.
    It will test the new drainage at Gardo.

Apparently Newcastle council have closed all grounds until next week. Im assuming Lake Mac and Maitland will do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Apparently Newcastle council have closed all grounds until next week. Im assuming Lake Mac and Maitland will do likewise.
    All games are canceled this weekend. See email below from the boss man

Due to the severe weather the Hunter has been experiencing over the last couple of days, and also the notification received from Newcastle City Council announcing that all Newcastle sporting grounds will be closed up to and including 26 April 2015 (which affects 75% of the scheduled games for the weekend), it has been decided by the Joint Zone Board that ALL Round 3 fixtures (24/04/2015 & 26/04/2015) will be moved to the spare FFA Cup weekend on 20 and 21 June 2015.

This WILL also include the Swansea v New Lambton Eagles Thursday, 23 April 2015 and Friday, 24 April 2015 Round 3 fixtures, and the Jesmond v RAAF Williamstown Wednesday, 29 April 2015 Round 3 fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    It will test the new drainage at Gardo.
    Walked the ground this morning. Pretty sloppy, but not as bad as I expected and the usual problem areas on Lance Yorke were good.

Given a couple of days without heavy downpours I think it could have been playable.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Walked the ground this morning. Pretty sloppy, but not as bad as I expected and the usual problem areas on Lance Yorke were good.

Given a couple of days without heavy downpours I think it could have been playable.
    Definately playable walked it this morning - playable now. I did ask the association when we first received the email if grounds are playable can the games go ahead & got the answer "No blanket cancellation all games are off". Should have been some communication with clubs before decision was made.

I think it is the only decision they could make. Too many grounds possibly out, Uncertainty over weather conditions, people still without power, cut out communities & likelyhood that people are going to be spending there weekends fixing damage and attending to homes/families. Which ever way they go, someone is going to miss out or feel aggreived by the decision, but personally I feel they have made the right call here. Bigger things than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    I think it is the only decision they could make. Too many grounds possibly out, Uncertainty over weather conditions, people still without power, cut out communities & likelyhood that people are going to be spending there weekends fixing damage and attending to homes/families. Which ever way they go, someone is going to miss out or feel aggreived by the decision, but personally I feel they have made the right call here. Bigger things than football.
    Agree 100%

It was definitely the right decision. So many people, homes, etc have been affected. Even if the grass in which football is being played on is playable, doesn't mean the facilities will be. So many dressing sheds, canteens, etc are out of action. If people have that much spare time to worry about going to play football after the week Newcastle and Hunter has had to deal with, then maybe they can use that time to help a friend in need. More than happy to not worry about football for at least another week.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    It was definitely the right decision. So many people, homes, etc have been affected. Even if the grass in which football is being played on is playable, doesn't mean the facilities will be. So many dressing sheds, canteens, etc are out of action. If people have that much spare time to worry about going to play football after the week Newcastle and Hunter has had to deal with, then maybe they can use that time to help a friend in need. More than happy to not worry about football for at least another week.
    Now Lukee F sounds like a blogger with his or her head screwed on. Correct, crap week for all Novocastrians incl Hunter and Lake, football can wait a week and cattle stations can be put on hold.

Hey Pagey or Bulldog.
    What's the chance of getting on at the Kennel tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'm fairly certain that today council has made the decision to close all grounds this weekend. Even Magic has been forced to postpone games from Wanderers despite ground in great condition to play. Council has final say.

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    I'm fairly certain that today council has made the decision to close all grounds this weekend. Even Magic has been forced to postpone games from Wanderers despite ground in great condition to play. Council has final say.
    What about lake Macquarie council, I haven't been there this week but we have trained both nights and I believe it's still on at this point in time

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    What about lake Macquarie council, I haven't been there this week but we have trained both nights and I believe it's still on at this point in time
    LMCC normally leaves it up to the club's.

So I deleted my last post as Magic has since spoken to council and I was wrong. My bad haha

Just got msg that Barnsley vs suburb is off tomorrow

Suns vs Dudley
    1st 6-2 suns
    Res 6-2 Dudley
    3rds 2-0 Dudley

Wow Suns!!!!!
    I'm guessing Dudley were missing players?
    Or Suns were brilliant?

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Suns vs Dudley
    1st 6-2 suns
    Res 6-2 Dudley
    3rds 2-0 Dudley
    where did they play at