Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Pheonix12 the word I got was the merge would mean the Eagles move to Novocastrian. The facilities there are up for major improvements and a quality no1 oval.
    Other than that I agree with you on the rest as I am an ex Eagle and know the work the boys put in and how they got shafted.
    Hitchy is a legend.
    I was chatting with Paul a couple of weeks ago and he was talking about upgrades to Alder Park...but maybe with the (impending / possible ?) merger comes a new direction... Alder park would need a lot of work, and to get approvals past the athletics people I reckon would be very tough ! And as Thomas477 added...Novo whilst being a better immediate fit, would require some work as well. Either way i hope it works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    I was chatting with Paul a couple of weeks ago and he was talking about upgrades to Alder Park...but maybe with the (impending / possible ?) merger comes a new direction... Alder park would need a lot of work, and to get approvals past the athletics people I reckon would be very tough ! And as Thomas477 added...Novo whilst being a better immediate fit, would require some work as well. Either way i hope it works for them.
    The source I got this from is connected to the juniors and they have some heavy hitters in the club. The Athletics club has co members of both and I think the football club wants to work with them. It would be a one sided battle if they dont with their 300 members v 1100. Novo is set for drainage work after sprinklers were installed last year. Yes Alder needs work but the juniors are cashed up and there is also mention of a group of local club business identies making a play for the lease on the bowling club which is going broke. On the park they have the ZPL who are always competitive and that new ZL3 team made up of juniors and AA players that is going well in their 1st year. My cousin has a son in their development teams and they dominate 10s and 11s Newcastle rep and Emerging Jets squads apparently. I am with you, I hope they all get it up and going.

Suns v Cardiff
    Played tonight
    3rds 3--2
    1st 3--5 good win by Cardiff, down by 2 in the first half, came back to win 5--3. great result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Suns v Cardiff
    Played tonight
    3rds 3--2
    1st 3--5 good win by Cardiff, down by 2 in the first half, came back to win 5--3. great result.
    When it's to HOT in the kitchen , ur gotta get out .....

That rain was pretty serious last night... hows everyones ground holding up?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Cardiff were happy to get our game out of the way on Tues night and should be ok for Sun v Dudley as there ground is usually great for wet weather.
    Could be a few catch ups backed up!

Did Swansea get the rain we got? How does there field go water wise?

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    90mm last night at mereweather, 70 mm at nobbys, id say swansea got most of that , from memory it is always damp there.

I know one place where there is a game guaranteed to be on 😉

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Swansea is one of the better grounds actually....it's built on sand ?...hence the grass type is always a bit average, plenty of cover but not the nice grass variety that some other grounds have......But the drainage is quite good.

I checked Suburbs today.

We called off tonights games and the juniors tomorrow. Depending on tomorrows weather it should be good for Sundays games but we will check it again tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I checked Suburbs today.
    We called off tonights games and the juniors tomorrow. Depending on tomorrows weather it should be good for Sundays games but we will check it again tomorrow afternoon.
    The ground could be fine , but the kitchen is mine !!! Suburbs all the way , they have the most delicate pies any day .....

Are all games on today?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Are all games on today?
    Wet weather line says so only kurri and jesmond off so Zpl all on

Suns vs new lambton
    1sts 4-2
    Res 2-1
    3rds 0-3

Uni vs Barnsley
    1st 8 - 1
    Res 2 - 0
    3rd 7 - 1

Swansea v bero
    3rds 2-1 bero
    Res 3-1 Swansea
    1sts 5-2 bero

Dudley v Cardiff
    3rds 1--3
    res 2--0
    1st 0--1 Tigers down to 10 just before halftime, played well enough to hold Dudley at bay. Great result again, hear our brothers up the hill beat Mayfield???? even better result well done fellas.

Garden Suburb vs Mayfield

Thirds 1-1
    Res 0-2
    First 5-3

Didn't catch the games.. someone will comment.

3 all at half time, great effort burbs

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Dudley v Cardiff
    3rds 1--3
    res 2--0
    1st 0--1 Tigers down to 10 just before halftime, played well enough to hold Dudley at bay. Great result again, hear our brothers up the hill beat Mayfield???? even better result well done fellas.