Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Bero v mayfield
    Res 3-1 mayfield
    1sts 5-2 bero
    Bero really showing why they were expected to go so well. Definitely living up to the hype!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Beresfield V Suburb @ Pasadena

3rds 3-0
    Res 1-3
    1st 4-0

Really tough game and Bero deserved the win at 4-0 you would presume that was the story.
    We weren't without our chances and gifted Bero a few easy goals, there first came from a misdirected backheader, 2nd was a goal mouth scrabble with a hint of handball in the build up. The 3rd was a well worked switch counter with a nice finish at the end, the 4th the less said the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

New Lambton v Barnsley
    3rds/23's: 1-0 New Lambton
    Reserves: 1-0 Barnsley
    Firsts: 5-0 New Lambton

Mayfield took all 9 points at Cardiff yesterday in the rain.
    3rds 3-2
    Res 2-0
    1st 1-0

Suns vs Swansea
    1sts 3-4
    Res 2-5
    3rds 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Suns vs Swansea
    1sts 3-4
    Res 2-5
    3rds 2-3
    Swansea able to break at speed with some good touches. physical at times but a good game.

Last night at Barnsley
    Barnsley V Suburb
    3rds 3-0
    Res 1-2

1st grade 7pm tonight.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Barnsley V Suburb
    1st 2-2
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Barnsley V Suburb
    1st 2-2
    Any match report, I was able to attend myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Any match report, I was able to attend myself
    I was injured so I didn't participate but I'll give my 2 cents worth from what I seen.

Was a real battle with the game swinging both ways.
    Barnsley started really strong and dominated the first 15mins camping in Suburb half. Suburb finally got their foot on the ball and then began to put Barnsley under some pressure, what must have been a matter of centimeters denied Suburb the opening goal as the linesman flagged our striker offside after he chip tge keeper.
    The game opened up and Barnsley found the net with a swift counter after Suburb lost possession on halfway which resulted in a low cross finished neatly on the back stick just before H/T

2nd half started in a similar way to the 1st but this time Barnsley pressure resulted in a well earned goal. Being 2-0 down Suburb made a change in formation and personal and after that I have to say it was all one way traffic with Barnsley occasionally threatening on the break. Barnsley fought hard to hold onto the lead but the pressure turned out to be to much with a Barnsley defender giving away a silly penalty by going through the back of someone heading away from goal. The ref rightly awarded a penalty which was converted well.
    Suburb went looking for the equalizer and it came not long after the penalty with our striker turning and beating his defender and slot the shot pass the keeper on his far stick.
    At 2-2 With 10mins to go some loose challenges started to fly from both sides at it turned to a bit of a scrap, Suburb went looking for a winner but Barnsley held on for what was probably a fair result.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I was injured so I didn't participate but I'll give my 2 cents worth from what I seen.

Was a real battle with the game swinging both ways.
    Barnsley started really strong and dominated the first 15mins camping in Suburb half. Suburb finally got their foot on the ball and then began to put Barnsley under some pressure, what must have been a matter of centimeters denied Suburb the opening goal as the linesman flagged our striker offside after he chip tge keeper.
    The game opened up and Barnsley found the net with a swift counter after Suburb lost possession on halfway which resulted in a low cross finished neatly on the back stick just before H/T

2nd half started in a similar way to the 1st but this time Barnsley pressure resulted in a well earned goal. Being 2-0 down Suburb made a change in formation and personal and after that I have to say it was all one way traffic with Barnsley occasionally threatening on the break. Barnsley fought hard to hold onto the lead but the pressure turned out to be to much with a Barnsley defender giving away a silly penalty by going through the back of someone heading away from goal. The ref rightly awarded a penalty which was converted well.
    Suburb went looking for the equalizer and it came not long after the penalty with our striker turning and beating his defender and slot the shot pass the keeper on his far stick.
    At 2-2 With 10mins to go some loose challenges started to fly from both sides at it turned to a bit of a scrap, Suburb went looking for a winner but Barnsley held on for what was probably a fair result.
    Well you're sacked. You can't write a match report without critisicing a referee and blaming them directly for the outcome of the game. Did you not read the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Well you're sacked. You can't write a match report without critisicing a referee and blaming them directly for the outcome of the game. Did you not read the contract?
    Sorry I'll lift my, in all honesty Dougie had a reasonable game. There was a few questionable decision but you can't expect him to make no mistakes.

I'm at the stage where you know what you you get with the refs and everybody cops the same decisions.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Didn't you know premy is a one eye burbs fan I question if he was the same at Swansea ???

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Didn't you know premy is a one eye burbs fan I question if he was the same at Swansea ???
    Here's me thinking I was being balanced.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Can anyone from Barnsley confirm grounds are open or closed for tonight. I understand it's not the correct thread but just chasing a quick answer.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Can anyone from Barnsley confirm grounds are open or closed for tonight. I understand it's not the correct thread but just chasing a quick answer.
    they are out for tonight sorry
    keeping tabs on it for tomorrow

a lot of water on the ground.
    if the rain stops it will drain quite well

uni vs suns at uni is off tomorrow

Barnsley vs Cardiff will still go ahead today. Ground is a bit soft but definitely good enough to play.
    Will be plenty of hot food and cold beer for any who are interested in coming to watch.

Is that confirmed BUSSC. I'll inform our guys.

Obviously not many people from Mayfield on this site-games off