Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Hard day today at the Athletics field for the Cats. Cooks hill were a quality squad especially the 1st grade side but we were proud that we came out second half and only conceded the 1 goal while creating a few chances ourselves in 1sts. Hopefully put a few chances away in the coming weeks and get some results.

Can't wait to see some of the results from this weekend, with everyone backing up from Anzac Day....

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Can't wait to see some of the results from this weekend, with everyone backing up from Anzac Day....
    Just keep praying for more rain..... We need a washout round called on Friday arvo

I think people's predictions will change over the coming weeks. There are going to be some competitive games with some of the stronger teams facing one another. Still early days

I was impressed with the Cooks Hill ressies team yesterday too, pretty composed on the ball overall and passed it out from the back mostly, far better than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Just keep praying for more rain..... We need a washout round called on Friday arvo
    Amen to that, no one is keen for an Anzac Day backup, especially 3rd grade with an 11.30 kickoff

Looks like we might all get the weekend off....
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Wouldn't write off Stocko just yet. Decent drainage (Not as good as it was before its makeover). With a few days Sunshine coupled with the Sunday game we might be in with a chance. The club often pulls out the big ones to get games underway.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Newcastle Council have called all grounds off until after Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Newcastle Council have called all grounds off until after Sunday
    Kotara play at Westlakes this weekend. Would this game be called off under Newcastle City council even though westlakes belongs to Lake Macqaurie?

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    Kotara play at Westlakes this weekend. Would this game be called off under Newcastle City council even though westlakes belongs to Lake Macqaurie?
    Email from Russell out saying the whole round has been moved to FFA Cup weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Email from Russell out saying the whole round has been moved to FFA Cup weekend!!
    thanks, didn't read that one.

Come in Spinner!!!

What's Jesmond Park like? We any chance of getting on this weekend if we get more rain?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    What's Jesmond Park like? We any chance of getting on this weekend if we get more rain?
    I've heard rumours that somebody will be down the night before with a bucket of water....
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Our president was willing to proceed with training at Jesmond Park last night but NCC closed ground. We at the club would like to think it'd be ok to play on this Saturday provided we don't get too much rain for the remainder of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Our president was willing to proceed with training at Jesmond Park last night but NCC closed ground. We at the club would like to think it'd be ok to play on this Saturday provided we don't get too much rain for the remainder of the week.
    With the rain forecast i can see councils keeping all grounds closed this weekend.
    I was chatting to someone last night from a L2 team who thinks their ground would be alright to play on the weekend, even if we got a bit of rain, but it needs mowing and council cant guarantee that will happen as they are flat out cleaning up still.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Hopefully a decision can be reached before the day, so you guys don't order canteen stuff that'll go to waste.
    OK

They were playing games at Warners Bay last night so it can't be too bad. Hopefully the guys at Jesmond install a new synthetic pitch by the weekend so that we can play. Shouldn't be too hard to do...

How is kotara's ground looking after a few days without rain? Surely we are a chance for the weekend!