Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Yeah...and Merewether players (Papas inc) were lol'ing at us behind the goals losing that game and happy they were playing MoTown.
    That was the biggest larf I got outta that season in the end.

Cookers get a new gaffer in the next year and get to 5 straight GF's and win 4 of 'em.
    Pretty much the same blokes who 2009 MoTown beat at Smith Pk (Yes, I was there on the BBQ....me ffs)

Btw front2, Cookers beat MoTown 1-2 in 2011. Inaugural ZLP season @ Wanderers. My klaxon got a work out that day.

Love fitbah history....
    Yep Merewether hadn't beaten us all year so it was funny they were happy about that...

The next year went on that Unbeaten year and won both ressies and firsts.

We had a couple of rough years after we 2011 so it was good to win minor premiership this year in firsts and club championship. ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GB285 View Post
    Never ever heard of a team loosing both semi finals but progressing... How proud Cookers must feel...
    i was hoping that this idiodic comment wouldnt surface but here it is

1st we havent had this stupid style of semis for long. second, teams have been put out of finals and gfs for years due to irregularities and illegible players.

usually id feel sorry a club in this position but this is not a bad thing for this club due to the arrogance ive seen from the idiots on the sideline this year. learn how to win without being dickheads would be a good start for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    i was hoping that this idiodic comment wouldnt surface but here it is

1st we havent had this stupid style of semis for long. second, teams have been put out of finals and gfs for years due to irregularities and illegible players.

usually id feel sorry a club in this position but this is not a bad thing for this club due to the arrogance ive seen from the idiots on the sideline this year. learn how to win without being dickheads would be a good start for next year.
    Mate - we don't need you to feel sorry for us..... I don't know what club you are associated with but each club gives as good as it gets and 9 times out of 10 its taken the right way...... pot meet kettle....

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Yep 4-1. They took their chances and that was the difference in the end
    All the best to the Cookers boys. Kept coming at us and not a bad bunch of blokes and certainly a handy team. I must say, the referring was somewhat diabolical but not much can be done about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    All the best to the Cookers boys. Kept coming at us and not a bad bunch of blokes and certainly a handy team. I must say, the referring was somewhat diabolical but not much can be done about that.
    I would say all the games in the finals I've seen or played in the referees have been worse than during regular season

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    I would say all the games in the finals I've seen or played in the referees have been worse than during regular season
    Well it is lucky that you don't have to worry about that anymore isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Well it is lucky that you don't have to worry about that anymore isn't it.
    Ha ha ha... fair comment but i have first grade today....

Kotara v Cooks Hill 3-1 thirds
    Kotara v Stockton 1-0 ressies

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Kotara v Cooks Hill 3-1 thirds
    Kotara v Stockton 1-0 ressies
    Well done to kotara 3rds, cookers threw everything we had at them but they were too good on the day, striker up front was very hard to contain. We did score 3 but 2 just offside. Kotara will take it out next week for sure.

Heard today that there's a mass exodus of players from Jesmond to Charlestown. Can anyone confirm? Jesmond were already struggling for numbers.

Morry won firsts 3-0. Score line blew out a bit second half with stocko lookin for goals. Morry probably played the better game and took their chances. Ref was absolutely honking and too scared to go to his pocket. Two Morry boys very lucky to be playing next week with last man tackles. Not saying it would have changed the game at all but warners bay would be spewin.
    Well done to Morry and warners bay. Glad we avoided relegation which was our aim and batted above our average. My prediction is Morry to win grandy but may be a different story if the ref is someone who stops the niggle early. My hope is warners win. Purely because of morrys toolbag officials. They're a great bunch of blokes on the field. Love playing them just such a shame their arrogant men in red track suits ruin your club. Thanks for the game today and Goodluck next week

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Morry won firsts 3-0. Score line blew out a bit second half with stocko lookin for goals. Morry probably played the better game and took their chances. Ref was absolutely honking and too scared to go to his pocket. Two Morry boys very lucky to be playing next week with last man tackles. Not saying it would have changed the game at all but warners bay would be spewin.
    Well done to Morry and warners bay. Glad we avoided relegation which was our aim and batted above our average. My prediction is Morry to win grandy but may be a different story if the ref is someone who stops the niggle early. My hope is warners win. Purely because of morrys toolbag officials. They're a great bunch of blokes on the field. Love playing them just such a shame their arrogant men in red track suits ruin your club. Thanks for the game today and Goodluck next week
    +1. Officials and spectators..no good. Good luck to them up in ZPL, won't be missed!

Wilso I wear my toolbag everyday at work and it doesn't appreciate the insult. It's not that low. Can u change the reference to say scumbags. Spewing u boys are out. See u all next yr

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Wilso I wear my toolbag everyday at work and it doesn't appreciate the insult. It's not that low. Can u change the reference to say scumbags. Spewing u boys are out. See u all next yr
    Still smells of dirty crutch though I assume? Same same really

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Heard today that there's a mass exodus of players from Jesmond to Charlestown. Can anyone confirm? Jesmond were already struggling for numbers.
    I heard that too. I also heard most of Warners Bay heading to Cardiff next year. Interesting times ahead.

Yea it's a filthy crutch. Rumours are west lakes are offering quite a bit of coin so might get a few boys out there.

Thanks Wilso to uou and Stocko - was always going to be an interesting game after the issues with Ressies during the week - as I said at the end of the game to the team and spectators it was always going to be difficult for any team today

Will agree the ref was crap - you will appreciate i dont want Bay to win....

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I heard that too. I also heard most of Warners Bay heading to Cardiff next year. Interesting times ahead.
    Yea heard there were a few blow ups sat night between the warners bay boys. A few have walked and coach threatened to go. Reserve graders are cheering as they get a kick in the final this weekend. Pretty sad cause they have had a good year. If uve heard they are heading to Cardiff it might be true

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Thanks Wilso to uou and Stocko - was always going to be an interesting game after the issues with Ressies during the week - as I said at the end of the game to the team and spectators it was always going to be difficult for any team today

Will agree the ref was crap - you will appreciate i dont want Bay to win....
    Cmon JP, you sure u don't want the Panthers to win?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yea it's a filthy crutch. Rumours are west lakes are offering quite a bit of coin so might get a few boys out there.
    Players being paid in a 4th division comp?? What's the world coming too!! What happened to just playing football For your local junior club?? Loyalty seems dead in newy and it's sad to see it going his far down the ranks, understandable in the semi professional leagues.