Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Well then.. Shows how much I know! I'll just stick to drinking beer rather then the politics that surrounds it!

Stocko won all three grades against westlakes today
    4-2 thirds
    3-2 res
    5-1 firsts

Beresfield vs Warners Bay
    Thirds 1-3
    Res 1-1
    Firsts 4-1
    Good to get our first win in firsts today

Stocko have a license. We aren't that stupid

Did see the "Good Sports club" sign on the canteen, made me crack a smile.

Didn't see third grade. Coach said everyone had a shocker.

Not sure what happened in the second half of ressies, stocko had a couple of good chances in the first half but it looked like we were all over them from what I saw and went into the sheds 2-0 up. I didn't really see the second half, maybe Stocko wanted it more or somethin.

First grade was pretty terrible from us, didn't really show up until the second half. Stocko sank 3 while we were working out how to play. I thought the second half was pretty even, Stocko looking threatening every counter attack as you do with Lez. We just struggled to create chances really. Poor showing. Game was played in good spirits overall, although physical and a couple of cards for each team. Hopefully we can show up better and make a good match of it at Rathmines.

Jesmond vs Nelson Bay

Thirds 4-4
    Ressies 2-1
    Firsts 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Did see the "Good Sports club" sign on the canteen, made me crack a smile.

Didn't see third grade. Coach said everyone had a shocker.

Not sure what happened in the second half of ressies, stocko had a couple of good chances in the first half but it looked like we were all over them from what I saw and went into the sheds 2-0 up. I didn't really see the second half, maybe Stocko wanted it more or somethin.

First grade was pretty terrible from us, didn't really show up until the second half. Stocko sank 3 while we were working out how to play. I thought the second half was pretty even, Stocko looking threatening every counter attack as you do with Lez. We just struggled to create chances really. Poor showing. Game was played in good spirits overall, although physical and a couple of cards for each team. Hopefully we can show up better and make a good match of it at Rathmines.
    I hear a poor coaches speach at half time really hampered the ressies team momentum

Also not that it makes much difference but wasn't firsts 4-1?

Kotara v Morrigypos

3rd 1-1 scoreboard
    res 2-0 scoreboard
    1st 0-8

1st grade was an absolute masterclass from these young guys. Although Kotara was coming off a thurs night game ive heard. Will take a decent team to knock these blokes off.
    The coaching staff likes to weigh in with plenty of banter as wel, lol. Youve been warned.
    Last edited by hawk; 07-06-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Kotara v Morisset @ Nesbitt
    3rds
    1-1
    Res
    2-0 Kotara
    1st
    0-8 morrisett
    A terrible day for Kotara in first grade well and truly outplayed just so disappointing that a top of the table clash ended like that for us.
    Morrisett are the team to beat !!
    Res grade was a great contest with both teams really havin a go at each other and in my opinion kotara were the better side
    3rds credit must go to morrisett they really gave kotara a good battle and were prob unlucky not to take the 3 points
    Great day for football shame that we didn't turn out in all three grades

Cookers v Charlestown
    3rds 1-2 charly
    Res 4-0 cookers
    1st 2-0 cookers
    Good game in 1st. Credit to our boys(Charlestown) 3games in 7 days 17 out and a gutsy effort creating plenty of chances. Hoping for a few to return for our next game against kotara but well done to cooks hill game was played in good spirit

Where'd all these Morisset boys come from? Heard rumours of them splashing a fair chunk of cash this year in prep for newfm eventually. Definitely the best team we've played this year also.

We picked up a couple new faces and kept 98% of our old squad i can assure you we don't have big cash to splash we can't even afford new training balls haha just big dreams and a great bunch of boys who will play for each other

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    We picked up a couple new faces and kept 98% of our old squad i can assure you we don't have big cash to splash we can't even afford new training balls haha just big dreams and a great bunch of boys who will play for each other
    So how many came in from Budgie? more than 2.

Yeah more than two like I said a couple new faces, but saying we are splashing big cash is laughable these boys are mates of ours who have come to play..

Westlakes pussy cats.
    What is going on down there you guys used to be competitive.
    Where's the wildcats gone

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    Yeah more than two like I said a couple new faces, but saying we are splashing big cash is laughable these boys are mates of ours who have come to play..
    Haha if anyone's paying people to play ZL1 you're doing it wrong..

Lightbulb

The only advise I have for Westlakes is wear your Fluro strip until you lose,
    maybe you guys have one more point in yas. And you haven't lost without it.

Now everyone has seen what there up against.
    Have your predictions for the top four changed?
    My tip. 1st Grade
    Morisset
    Cooks Hill
    Charlestown
    Lumberjack

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    The only advise I have for Westlakes is wear your Fluro strip until you lose,
    maybe you guys have one more point in yas. And you haven't lost without it.
    In my 22 year involvement with ID/Zone football, I've never seen anything like it!
    They can't use not seeing each other as an excuse.
    KUTGW Wildcats!