Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    The disappointing thing for Morisset is that now in hindsight the player in question was not needed... They should have just let him serve the ban regardless if the assoc informed them late or the ref said something to them after the kotara game... It's a shame for them cos they are a good team
    To be clear - we rang the association and they said all our players were cleared - so not even late notification but notification in the positive (even the association agrees this is what they told us)

There are other issues as well but hey I have bit my tongue till now and I will continue to...

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Appeal happening this week..... so not over just yet
    So at this current time Cooks Hill are through? If so I can't see you winning your appeal unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    So at this current time Cooks Hill are through? If so I can't see you winning your appeal unfortunately.
    The ground announcer said Motown through on 6-0 aggregate. Because it was a somewhat confusing fixture would there have been extra time had Motown scored again or would the referees be officiating as if Motown were already 4-0 up?

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Cooks Hill through due to 3-0 result from the first leg-
    So the 3-0 corrected result that was entered for 1sts in SP should have been entered for res?

Quote Originally Posted by GB285 View Post
    Never ever heard of a team loosing both semi finals but progressing... How proud Cookers must feel...
    Why would Cooks Hill be proud ? wake up. what a cheap shot. Cookers have more silverware from legit efforts,that more than prove how proud we are as a successful club.

Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post
    Why would Cooks Hill be proud ? wake up. what a cheap shot. Cookers have more silverware from legit efforts,that more than prove how proud we are as a successful club.
    Whats the real situation at the moment front2?

Sure but whilst we are on cheap shots your coach yelling out at the end of the game that we were cheats was a low blow as well... especially when the majority of cookers understood the situation and the agregate score

What was the score in 1st grade more importantly ?

Sure but whilst we are on cheap shots your coach yelling out at the end of the game that we were cheats was a low blow as well... especially when the majority of cookers understood the situation and the agregate score
    How would you react if the opposition coach came to you at the end of the game and said 'you should be embarrassed that you are going through'
    It's not the best situation for anyone but honestly morisset have no one to blame but their coaching staff for knowingly playing a suspended player. That was what everyone in the stands said too. You should stop blaming cookers, kotara, refs, association and blame the decision makers in your club that tried to knowingly skirt the rules. Regardless if the association said there wasn't a suspended player everyone in that team knew there was and played him anyway and ringing them to check if he could play is a clear admission of guilt in that you all knew he was suspended and were hoping you had got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    What was the score in 1st grade more importantly ?
    Bay 1-0. Cookers on top early but missed chances, bay grabbed a counter and held out. Good luck to them next week, should be a good game vs mori or stocko

I'm guessing warners bay won firsts then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'm guessing warners bay won firsts then?
    Yep 4-1. They took their chances and that was the difference in the end

BTW Cooks Hill are not into cheap dumb ass decisions. Remember that time we beat Morisset in first grade GF at Edgey. FITH. ####silverwarebustincabinet##

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    How would you react if the opposition coach came to you at the end of the game and said 'you should be embarrassed that you are going through'
    It's not the best situation for anyone but honestly morisset have no one to blame but their coaching staff for knowingly playing a suspended player. That was what everyone in the stands said too. You should stop blaming cookers, kotara, refs, association and blame the decision makers in your club that tried to knowingly skirt the rules. Regardless if the association said there wasn't a suspended player everyone in that team knew there was and played him anyway and ringing them to check if he could play is a clear admission of guilt in that you all knew he was suspended and were hoping you had got away with it.
    Firstly we rang the association to check on all players -thats good management frankly something I would expect all teams would do. We had a suspended player in firsts and he did not play so I would say we hardly did it on purpose. .. if we did wouldn't we have also played him?

You guys couldn't score or even have one shot on target in 2 legs yet you are going through so do you deserve it... (yes you are going through but nearly every player from cookers said to me that we were the better team and deserve to go through but we know thats not how it stands)

Im not laying blame anywhere.... and its raw at the moment and you are going to get some comments like this... just accept it and move on because as it stands you guys are in the final...

BTW Cooks Hill are not into cheap dumb ass decisions. Remember that time we beat Morisset in first grade GF at Edgey. FITH. ####silverwarebustincabinet##
    Nope I rememeber 2009 when we beat you in the semi on the way to winning the final....

Firstly we rang the association to check on all players -thats good management frankly something I would expect all teams would do. We had a suspended player in firsts and he did not play so I would say we hardly did it on purpose. .. if we did wouldn't we have also played him?

You guys couldn't score or even have one shot on target in 2 legs yet you are going through so do you deserve it... (yes you are going through but nearly every player from cookers said to me that we were the better team and deserve to go through but we know thats not how it stands)

Im not laying blame anywhere.... and its raw at the moment and you are going to get some comments like this... just accept it and move on because as it stands you guys are in the final...
    I don't think anyone is debating that mori were not the better team over 2 legs, the 6-0 score represents that. You guys have every right to be disappointed and angry but just place the anger where is it appropriate, not at the opposition and association and refs, but at the people in your club who decided that they had gotten away with a red card and could play a knowingly suspended player

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    I don't think anyone is debating that mori were not the better team over 2 legs, the 6-0 score represents that. You guys have every right to be disappointed and angry but just place the anger where is it appropriate, not at the opposition and association and refs, but at the people in your club who decided that they had gotten away with a red card and could play a knowingly suspended player

"Knowingly" yet as jaypee has said, they rang association to check for all suspended players one came back and he sat out.. how is that knowingly playing a suspended player?

A red card in every league in the world is a mandatory week suspension. If it hadn't been processed through the fed someone from mo-town coaching staff surely had to say cop the week and once it comes through u have already served your suspension.
    End of the day it's cost u guys a gf and the way you guys played the 2 legs possibly a gf gold medal

Jaypee admire the way you have conducted yourself on here.... I'm sure your shattered about the result of all this but really it was a silly risk to take ...

Nope I rememeber 2009 when we beat you in the semi on the way to winning the final....
    Yeah...and Merewether players (Papas inc) were lol'ing at us behind the goals losing that game and happy they were playing MoTown.
    That was the biggest larf I got outta that season in the end.

Cookers get a new gaffer in the next year and get to 5 straight GF's and win 4 of 'em.
    Pretty much the same blokes who 2009 MoTown beat at Smith Pk (Yes, I was there on the BBQ....me ffs)

Btw front2, Cookers beat MoTown 1-2 in 2011. Inaugural ZLP season @ Wanderers. My klaxon got a work out that day.

Love fitbah history....