Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Is this the ressies coach? When we played them out at the bay he gave the team an absolutee bollocking at full time in the sheds..it was embarrassing. I wouldn't want to play with that!!
    Na I was there that day watching a mate. That wasn't the coach that was 1 of the players and rightly so. Couldnt kick a barn door

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Na I was there that day watching a mate. That wasn't the coach that was 1 of the players and rightly so. Couldnt kick a barn door
    Yeah right..we were in the shed next door, it was very awkward. Haven't heard a spray like that in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post
    If rumours are true there are 19 guys leaving Jesmond for varying reasons however 21 new guys are keen to sign. Of the 2 hypothetically confirmed to Charlestown one will be missed. For the other I hope you have earplugs and a decent physio.
    I heard charly were getting the jeso physio too? And possibly the first grade coach to play thirds and run the esky?

Quote Originally Posted by leftyrightytoey View Post
    I heard charly were getting the jeso physio too? And possibly the first grade coach to play thirds and run the esky?
    I heard Charly are stacking their third grade GF team this weekend with Jesmond first graders.... Don't know whether to believe my source or not....

I heard today is that Jesmond are merging with Charlestown becoming the Charlestown City Rams with the Jesmond ZL3 side filling the ZL1 spot after a successful 1st season.

Such drama already and the season isn't even over yet.

Charlestown must have done something right for so much talk and the season isn't even over yet.. Back on current football. As the seasons still going. Massive congrats to kotara making grand final in 2 grades.
    Clubs should be aspiring to have depth like kotara /cookers
    And congrats Morisset and Warnersbay, morisset definately a class above this year. And Warnersbay done well very hard team to break down. Goodluck to both on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by a-gunners View Post
    Charlestown must have done something right for so much talk and the season isn't even over yet.. Back on current football. As the seasons still going. Massive congrats to kotara making grand final in 2 grades.
    Clubs should be aspiring to have depth like kotara /cookers
    And congrats Morisset and Warnersbay, morisset definately a class above this year. And Warnersbay done well very hard team to break down. Goodluck to both on the weekend
    Depth like cookers and kotara?

Neither team 1st grade made the gf and cookers only in the gf after 6-0 agg loss

Warners bay had 3rd grade in the finals and ressies just missed out

Morisset beat cookers in both legs in their final and thirds took kotara to the limit in thirds and beat the other teams in the finals.

Not saying cookers and kotara dont have depth but other teams had it too.

I think 3rd grade has been interesting in terms of how teams have approached it

We at Morry decided it was a team for our young guys who have just come up from Juniors over the past 2-3 years to play in. It was a youth first policy (to the extent we turned a few players away and they played all age)... I know some other clubs have done this whilst some others have predominately older late 20's and into the 30's...

I think judging depth on 3rds is difficult a lot of it comes down to the clubs approach to the grade.

Still not one mention of stocko making finals in both firsts and res grade for their first year in zl1. Not trying to blow smoke up our asses but I'd rather that then missing first grade finals all together. But please.. Continue to wank on about how good kotara is

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Still not one mention of stocko making finals in both firsts and res grade for their first year in zl1. Not trying to blow smoke up our asses but I'd rather that then missing first grade finals all together. But please.. Continue to wank on about how good kotara is
    First of all one guy congratulated kotara on our depth, so calm down.
    Secondly, yes we would have loved to have made first grade semi's, but at the end of the day, Kotara will be supporting two teams on grand final day, receiving 2 x minor premier shields too hang with the rest of them, and possibly 2 major premier shields, while stocko will be at the game holding each others dicks, talking about how good they are that they made the semi's, well congratulations, but you probably paid for that success as well didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    Secondly, yes we would have loved to have made first grade semi's, but at the end of the day, Kotara will be supporting two teams on grand final day, receiving 2 x minor premier shields too hang with the rest of them, and possibly 2 major premier shields, while stocko will be at the game holding each others dicks, talking about how good they are that they made the semi's, well congratulations, but you probably paid for that success as well didn't you?
    Well that got awkward all of a sudden

Well that escalated quickly! Well done to all teams in the GF. Everyone wants to be on the park on GF day, but second best is to turn up, watch the action from the sideline with yours or a mates *beer* in hand..

So just wondering how the other teams train the week before the grand final. High intensity all week, or keep it light and fun or mix it up?

Steady on hero. No need to tell someone to calm down when clearly I touched a nerve. It wasn't meant as a shot at Kotara. I was just merely pointing out the fact people kept banging on about Kotara and Cookers depth when neither was in the major event being that of a first grade final. Secondly when people started to congratulate others there was still no mention of Stocko being involved in the finals. This to me shows "depth". I really don't care I just think its funny that people were mentioning aspiring to Cookers and Kotara's "depth". Sorry but I'd rather be in Warners Bay or Morry's shoes this week for sure.
    Also I'm not sure how you found out about our handjob payment deal we have here at Stocko but in future please refrain from mentioning it on such a public platform.
    In all seriousness though.. sif stocko would ever have the money to pay people? Just ask the bero boys who only received ONE carton! They'd be filthy! We've worked our way up with the backing of an incredibly devoted group of individuals. But please continue to slag off until you realise what you are saying is utter horeshit.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    everyone just calm down and cut out the inflammatory garbage

if you're saying one team isn't being celebrated, say that - no need to point fingers at others, it sounds like spiteful garbage and will end in bannings

Better than Daytime TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Looking forward to coming to this comp next year.. This Forum seems more alive then ZL2..
    Congrats to all teams on Finals and Goodluck to the ones that made the GF this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Ranger View Post
    Looking forward to coming to this comp next year.. This Forum seems more alive then ZL2..
    Congrats to all teams on Finals and Goodluck to the ones that made the GF this week.
    Welcome. Here's a recap and general housekeeping:

- No one like Morisset;
    - No one tips Warners Bay;
    - Stockton pay all their players in a 'unique' way;
    - Kotara and Cookers apparently have the most depth;
    - Everyone from Jesmond is going to Charlestown;
    - No one gives a rats about Nelson Bay, except for the bus ride ride home

Think I've covered it?

Wouldn't mind knowing golden boot winners across all 3 grades.