Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    who is fuelling the rumours cooks hill will b hosting their home leg @ adamstown oval on saturday??
    Confirmed?
    Confirmed. We wanted the best pitch we could get for finals and athfield no good this time of year.

only problem is Rosebuds weebsite says Sunday..... - pretty sure its Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    only problem is Rosebuds weebsite says Sunday..... - pretty sure its Saturday
    No it says Saturday but they have 3rd grade lineup wrong

Interesting results from the first leg

First Grade

Stockton 1 v Motown 2
    W Bay 3 v Cooks 1

Ressies

Stockton 0 v Kotara 2
    Mtown 4 v Cooks 0

Thirds

Cooks 0 v Kotara 0
    W Bay 1 v Charlie 1

Makes for some interesting games this weekend

Hey just wondering if someone from morisset could answer this for me.....

Last game of the season in reserve grade your captain (dread lock guy) got sent - off against Kotara
    But he played against Cooks Hill last week in the 1st Leg of the semi

I would have thought he would have had to serve a one game suspension ????

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Hey just wondering if someone from morisset could answer this for me.....

Last game of the season in reserve grade your captain (dread lock guy) got sent - off against Kotara
    But he played against Cooks Hill last week in the 1st Leg of the semi

I would have thought he would have had to serve a one game suspension ????
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Interesting...
    Yea I asked the same thing about another player and I got told....... It does not count for lower grades. Strange rule I reckon. Or a good cover up

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yea I asked the same thing about another player and I got told....... It does not count for lower grades. Strange rule I reckon. Or a good cover up
    That doesn't seem right..a suspension is a suspension of a game, period..not a game in a certain grade. Don't think it works that way. Besides isn't the thought that he played ressies both weeks?

I am loving this conspiracy theory banter........

There's no conspiracy theory, people are just after an explanation as to how you can receive a red card and not be suspended. Or was it not processed in time and he'll serve the suspension this weekend? Stocko had 2 sent off in res grade on Saturday, they're ok to play this weekend are they?

can appeal against the severity of a red? or the appeal hasnt been decided and is held over

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    can appeal against the severity of a red? or the appeal hasnt been decided and is held over
    I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure you must serve the 1 week regardless of severity or appeal.

automatic one game suspension , no appeal . played an ineligible player .

Jaypee I'm assuming you are involved with Motown .... are you telling me that this player in question did not receive a red card against kotara in the last game of the the year ?!?
    Last edited by C'mon man; 01-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Good cover up once u get a red u can't play any football, I got sent off filling in for res grade then wasn't aloud to play in my usual Friday night game until I served the weeks suspension for the res team I ended up missing 3 Friday night games because the res team was washed out a few times. So I'd say this team could be in a spot of bother.
    Last edited by onlooker; 01-09-2015 at 09:50 PM.

I know they used to talk about wiping cards leading into finals series, ie if you were on 3 yellows after your final regular season game, these didn't carry over into the semi's. But I wouldn't think that's the same with a red card, because as someone pointed out, it's an automatic 1 week suspension.

The only logical explanation, and being Macquarie Football anything can happen, is if the referee didn't end up lodging the red after that game.

Best check with the federation, because 4-0 is a big deficit to come back from, and any little help would be worth it...

Did someone say I can play now? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Did someone say I can play now? Haha
    Precedence has been set it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I know they used to talk about wiping cards leading into finals series, ie if you were on 3 yellows after your final regular season game, these didn't carry over into the semi's. But I wouldn't think that's the same with a red card, because as someone pointed out, it's an automatic 1 week suspension.

The only logical explanation, and being Macquarie Football anything can happen, is if the referee didn't end up lodging the red after that game.

Best check with the federation, because 4-0 is a big deficit to come back from, and any little help would be worth it...
    If you get a red or a yellow card that puts you over the limit in the last game you still have to serve that suspension.

If I was cooks hill, I would contact the federation and just ask the question. Why was this guy eligible to play when he was sent of the prior week? If they say no red card was submitted by the referee, then the question should be WHY was no red card submitted.