Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Would the result turn into a 3-0 win for cookers? If overturned.

Can someone from Morisset let us know something from your clubs perspective ....

I think we will let the process play out first......

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    I think we will let the process play out first......
    this is basically the attitude of the moderation team - speculative nonsense will be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by controlzone View Post
    Would the result turn into a 3-0 win for cookers? If overturned.
    Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I have read in the rules that a forfeit in either leg, forfeits the tie. If I am correct, that means there would be no res game tomorrow... that would be strange.

Sorry Boz just wanted Morisset to give their version of what has went down... Maybe they were informed from the association to late or maybe the referee report was filled out incorrectly ... That's all...

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    can everyone just check their facts before posting - otherwise posts will be deleted

e.g. Hotline - instead of saying 'you're pretty sure you read...' just go to the rules and regs for the competition on the Newcastle Football website and look them up - here they are http://newcastlefootball.com.au/file...ION_E_2015.pdf

then you can quote the regulation

E25 (f) In the event of a Team forfeiting a Finals Series Fixture, the Team will be
    automatically disqualified from any further participation in the Finals Series

that may be open to interpretation and we'll still have to hold off judgement until we hear anything from the associations

We had a similar situation few seasons ago in zl3 against simba and that single game was overturned to a forfeit 3-0 win to us. That was the second leg of the finals. Id assume the same thing would happen here

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    We had a similar situation few seasons ago in zl3 against simba and that single game was overturned to a forfeit 3-0 win to us. That was the second leg of the finals. Id assume the same thing would happen here
    It wouldn't be classed as a 2 leg forfeit, that rule would only be a proper forfeit I reckon, like not enough to field a team. I'd say it would be 3-0 same as simba

Does that mean the player in question is now suspended for the 2nd leg? If so I hope they play him again and cookers progress. A few less loud mouth Morry fans at grand final day would be a blessing for all

I've seen on Fox Sports Pulse that the 1st grade Stockton v Morriset 1st leg reads 3-0 to Stockton

The plot thickens....
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    can everyone just check their facts before posting - otherwise posts will be deleted

e.g. Hotline - instead of saying 'you're pretty sure you read...' just go to the rules and regs for the competition on the Newcastle Football website and look them up - here they are http://newcastlefootball.com.au/file...ION_E_2015.pdf

then you can quote the regulation

E25 (f) In the event of a Team forfeiting a Finals Series Fixture, the Team will be
    automatically disqualified from any further participation in the Finals Series

that may be open to interpretation and we'll still have to hold off judgement until we hear anything from the associations
    Sorry boz, will do next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I've seen on Fox Sports Pulse that the 1st grade Stockton v Morriset 1st leg reads 3-0 to Stockton

The plot thickens....
    The res result is still 4-0 to Morri though.

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Sorry Boz just wanted Morisset to give their version of what has went down... Maybe they were informed from the association to late or maybe the referee report was filled out incorrectly ... That's all...
    After the games and process go through I think we will respond. ...

What I will say is the above is pretty close to the truth.... in fact its very close
    Last edited by jaypee; 05-09-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Heard via the grapevine that Charlie beat Warners Bay 3-1 in 3rd grade

Motown 2- 0 over Cookers

6-0 aggregate

But we will let the next few days play out to work out who is playing next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Motown 2- 0 over Cookers

6-0 aggregate

But we will let the next few days play out to work out who is playing next weekend
    Cooks Hill through due to 3-0 result from the first leg-

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Appeal happening this week..... so not over just yet

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Never ever heard of a team loosing both semi finals but progressing... How proud Cookers must feel...

The disappointing thing for Morisset is that now in hindsight the player in question was not needed... They should have just let him serve the ban regardless if the assoc informed them late or the ref said something to them after the kotara game... It's a shame for them cos they are a good team