Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Charlie vs Bero
    3rds 5-2
    Res 2-0
    1sts 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    What's the name of the morriset ground and how's it go in the damp?
    High tide going to hurt it with all this rain?
    The ground is behind the Dora Creek Workers Club, not sure on how it is dampness wise at the moment, hopefully it is fine for us to go ahead tomorow

Nelson Bay vs Westlakes
    3rds 1-0, 1-1, 2-1. Second goal from bay was a stroke of fortune as an attempted clearance from the keeper from a throughball hit the chasing defender and fell to the striker for a tap in. Pretty close game.

Res was 4-1 I think. Bomb of a goal to WL early on from around 35 or 40m over the keeper. Soft goal from a keeping error equalised. Not sure on the rest of the goals.

1sts 2-0. Goal to the bay around 15 or 20 in to the half was probably just rewards for having a few good attacks, causing some issues down our right side. A lot of chances created for us but nothing sticking, felt we had the best of the second half with NB still threatening on the counter and sealed the deal a few out from full time. Pretty devastating loss and thought we deserved better. But you can only get so far without putting any in the net.

Field held up in the wet really well and the surface was excellent.

Kotara v jeso
    3rd 7-1
    Res 4-1
    1st 1-0 f/t

maybe someone else would like to post these up again. ffs
    Last edited by hawk; 17-05-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Kotara v Jesmond @ Nesbitt Park
    3rds
    Kotara 7-1
    Dominated from start till finish and scored Jesmond goal for them too
    Res
    Kotara 4-1
    Jesmond scored the best goal of the game great strike....but good win for the tigers after getting some players back after last week disappointing loss to Stockton
    1st
    Kotara 1-0
    Tight game but another great goal from Johnny Bennis sealed the points for the tigers
    Last edited by C'mon man; 17-05-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Morisett v Stockton results ??

Morisset vs Stockton
    3rds 3-3
    Ressies 3-1
    1st 3-2
    Very physical game with good football played in patches, deserved results in my opinion but they may disagree

you guys have had a great start to the year..... have you picked up some players?

Yeah we have picked up a couple of new players as well as a few returning players and a lot of youth stepping up for our 3rds, everyone is stepping up to cover some unfortunate season ending injuries we suffered in pre season but all is going well atm

Quote Originally Posted by Baaaaaaaaaa View Post
    This just sounds like a bit of media playing some mind games. I'm sure you guys will have it sorted 😉
    Good call there, Lumberjack was present

Good contests in all three grades up at Dora Creek, Referees on the other hand, wow, very consistent in their calls....
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    Good call there, Lumberjack was present
    Hahaha, I could see right through! Media speculation!!

Did a Stockton player in reserves get two yellow cards and the ref didnt send him off, our bench overhead a guy say hed received two and someone told him to get back out there?

I know that even happens at World Cup level ha but surely he shouldnt drop the ball like that, but i will give him the benefit of the doubt, he was handing out a fair few cards

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    Did a Stockton player in reserves get two yellow cards and the ref didnt send him off, our bench overhead a guy say hed received two and someone told him to get back out there?

I know that even happens at World Cup level ha but surely he shouldnt drop the ball like that, but i will give him the benefit of the doubt, he was handing out a fair few cards
    No he was warned by the red along with your striker that the next time those two had a tangle there will only be one card and it'll be red
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    Morisset vs Stockton
    3rds 3-3
    Ressies 3-1
    1st 3-2
    Very physical game with good football played in patches, deserved results in my opinion but they may disagree
    Deserved result from Morisset yesterday. Class outfit and bossed the midfield. Wanted it more from the get go and took us 60 mins before we actually started playing decent football. Happy with our boys attitude to keep coming till the end but too many silly mistakes and cheap turnovers kept us on the backfoot. We certainly know we can improve from that performance. And yes still were short on numbers and suspensions don't help. Good physical game and credit to everyone didn't let it boil over. Only gripe was with the ref seemed extremely inconsistent in my opinion although that's still no excuse and Morisset were deserved winners. From what I've seen they are the benchmark this year with some real class all over the park. Looking forward to the return leg at Shark park. Now looking forward to our Wednesday catch up of the harbour darby!

CHUFC vs Stockton
    Ressies 1-0
    Firsts 2-0
    Typical Harbourside Derby hard fought, looking forward to the return leg and a beer at the Washie….

Westlakes will be a massive chance to get their first win of the season against Warners Bay this weekend. From all reports, WB are down on players as half the squad has taken up a hair and nails package on Groupon.

Interesting times for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Westlakes will be a massive chance to get their first win of the season against Warners Bay this weekend. From all reports, WB are down on players as half the squad has taken up a hair and nails package on Groupon.

That's good banter, this forum hasn't got enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post

Scoring a goal this season would be as much of a win for Westlakes at this point. For a team that boasted as many as 9 starters in the 2013 zone league all star team they sure have disappointed so far this year.

We're secretly hoping big dunc falls back into his 2013 ways this weekend if the game gets on and nets a few for the cats. As for the 2013 allstar squad I don't know how many players of this 9 still remain I'm guessing not many if any