Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    How many teams have someone active on the forum this year in the division? Myself play for Morisset we've had a mixed bag of results and unfortunatly a couple of season ending injuries already but are looking for a strong season..
    CHUFC represent! Looking forward to the season ahead lads, should be a cracker. We are pretty stoked the harbour derby is back on with Stocko!

There's a harbour derby? Haha sweet! You guys changed much since when we used to play you?

Kotara pre-season results
    FFA cup
    Adamstown v Kotara 4-1
    Res
    Suns v Kotara 2-5
    3rd
    Suns v Kotara 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Kotara pre-season results
    FFA cup
    Adamstown v Kotara 4-1
    Res
    Suns v Kotara 2-5
    3rd
    Suns v Kotara 1-6
    Looks like you guys will be pretty strong again this season across all 3 grades, i caught your FFA Cup game last week and you guys didnt look like you got out of 2nd gear

Yeah like everyone else we are hoping for a big year! We have brought up some young guys which is good and haven't really loss to many faces! Can't wait for the season to start and see what some of the new teams are like... Jesmond look like they will be the team to beat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Yeah like everyone else we are hoping for a big year! We have brought up some young guys which is good and haven't really loss to many faces! Can't wait for the season to start and see what some of the new teams are like... Jesmond look like they will be the team to beat!!!
    Yeah not a bad result for them in the cup knocking off Stags, mind you we put ten past them haha

Stocko preseason trial at Forster
    Res 3-1 Tuncurry
    Firsts 1-1

Heat was an absolute killer. Felt like we could only give 50%. Grass was taller than you'd see in an African Safari. Good for the fitness but
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Stocko preseason trial at Forster
    Res 3-1 Tuncurry
    Firsts 1-1

Heat was an absolute killer. Felt like we could only give 50%. Grass was taller than you'd see in an African Safari. Good for the fitness but
    No 3rd game ?

They only run firsts and reserves up there. Their season starts this weekend so they were fully match fit. Always felt like we could step up a gear but just coasted a bit yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    There's a harbour derby? Haha sweet! You guys changed much since when we used to play you?
    Harbour derby is a good day, when at yours hit the washtub after, and ours at lowlands. Yeah we've got a fair few ZPL guys drop down now we went into newfm so we feel pretty strong in 1sts and res but you never know till season starts. No idea what 3rd grade is like in ZL1

Certainly wouldn't be so quick to throw us out there as favourites. We lost the spine of our grand final team to Charlestown. Sweeper, centre back, midfielder and striker. Cb and cm were a part of every 1st grade award on presentation night. They may play this down but it's the truth. Other teams such as Kotara have been in ZL1 a lot longer than our one year too.

As for our win over Toronto, yes we're proud of that but without being disrespectful I'd be concerned going into their season. Until the authorities realise that all this criteria actually prevents teams 11 - 20 from actually competing against each other then there will be disparity in 2nd division and ZPL.

Look some team has to get the favourite tag!! Jesmond who made the GF last year and played brilliantly should have it on that basis.
    I don't know bout some new teams coming in but I do know that we will respect all teams and I think that this year it's totally up for grabs...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    They only run firsts and reserves up there. Their season starts this weekend so they were fully match fit. Always felt like we could step up a gear but just coasted a bit yesterday
    Don't know how many will be playing comp this weekend with the Viking Challenge going on up there. I think they start the same time as us.

CHARLESTOWN ZL1

Charlestown ZL1 are looking for a 3rd grade coach who is capable of running training sessions and is available weekends for game day.
    If anyone is interested please PM me for contact details.

Hey Guys,
    Warners Bay are looking for a trial for the Sunday 22nd March. Can use our ground. 3 grades.
    Let me know if keen.
    Cheers

Heard a rumour that Nelson Bay have gone down to 2's with Raymond Terrace coming up to 1's. Anyone confirm?
    Last edited by namwob99; 08-03-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Haven't heard but I don't know why Olympic wouldn't come up they would do well

Have Olympic played any trials?

They have played us and their 1st grade was tidy and beat us lower grade different story... Haven't heard anything of what terrace has been doing? Mind you have heard little about the Bay this pre-season.... Would hate to see this division have a bye again

Lower grade different story? So they struggled?