Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 2 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2015 Zone League 2 thread

discussion here

Hello ZL2 it's good to be back. How do we think the competition will be this year, I didn't follow this comp that closely last year but I do believe the 3 teams coming up will adjust to this level and not just be here to fill numbers. In saying that I won't be predicting top 4 or anything as from previous efforts iv been left severely red faced figure Il save myself the trouble.

Welcome Sharky, good to see you guys back up along with Kurri and Simba. Always hard to pick top 4 until start of the season, should be a good year for all the clubs. Plattsy should be up and running at their new ground so will be looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Welcome Sharky, good to see you guys back up along with Kurri and Simba. Always hard to pick top 4 until start of the season, should be a good year for all the clubs. Plattsy should be up and running at their new ground so will be looking forward to that one.
    Is the Newcastle footballing legend The Pumpkin returning for another season?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Is the Newcastle footballing legend The Pumpkin returning for another season?
    I'm sure the Pumpkin will make an appearance for the Rangers once again

Raymond Terrace making a few signings I hear. Calling it early that they will be the ones to beat. Simba will be strong as well. Lets hope Kurri turn up to their matches once they are mathematically out of semis contention this time...

Quote Originally Posted by el gringo View Post
    Raymond Terrace making a few signings I hear. Calling it early that they will be the ones to beat. Simba will be strong as well. Lets hope Kurri turn up to their matches once they are mathematically out of semis contention this time...
    The Dreaded Keeper & Clint coming back to the terrace? Is it official? 2 of the best players in the league right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

the dreaded Keeper is Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    The Dreaded Keeper & Clint coming back to the terrace? Is it official? 2 of the best players in the league right there.
    Did you make any contacts with the Palestine team? Maybe we could sign a few of them as well

Sorry mate I tried but they said Raymond Terrace was more dangerous than back home haha

I think it was a communication breakdown and they meant to say Wondrous ��

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Dreaded Keeper looking for a midfield gig again? if so may need some extra sessions to work off all those christmas Vodkas

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Dreaded Keeper looking for a midfield gig again? if so may need some extra sessions to work off all those christmas Vodkas
    The voddies aren't the issue Salmon, it's the kilo of bacon, eggs and chorizo I have for brekky most days!!!

Some big wins over the wknd in the FFA cup... This division looks as though it will be very competitive again!

Yeah should be good! Can't wait. Apparently Olympic are very good this year new coach new players they did Kotara 4-1 in 1st grade the other week not so good in ressies but

Just left the tav long enough to get to training last night I must say terrace will be looking to consolidate and build froward this year long road ahead at the terrace with massive changes I think anything near the 4 and terrace will be happy

Merewether vs jesmond (ZL3)

Res. 0-1 (called off after halftime because of lightning)
    1st. 3-1

Merewether reserve grade had the better of the half, with more chances just needed better quality finishes. Jesmond's goal was well taken on the counter.
    Merewether 1st grade was clearly the stronger team right across the park. 3 well taken goals and unlucky not to have more. Jesmond's goal was from a lucky tap in after a corner came off the front post and fellow favourable for them.

Would like to thank jesmond for both games, which were played in good spirits.

We are coming only nicely in pre season and are looking for a much more competive season this year from both grades!
    Last edited by Jnr Animal; 15-03-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Merewether is after a reserve grade keeper as our original keeper has decided not to play this year. Obviously if any keeper is keen and wants to push for 1st grade keeper, we're happy for health competition for positions! Any interested players or knowledge of any keepers the please inbox me. Cheers

How is every team's pre seasons been going? Looking forward to this season, it should be pretty competitive right across ZL2

Olympic v Warners Bay (ZPL)
    1st gd
    3-2

Res
    3-1