Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 3 thread

Thanks but a bit too far for me to travel for training. Looking for somewhere within 10 km of cardiff heights.

Quote Originally Posted by lookingforateam View Post
    Does any team still need players?
    Wallsend are still looking for a couple more if you are interested

I heard barnsley zpl released a few players that were looking at going back to all age as they had too many.

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    Wallsend are still looking for a couple more if you are interested
    Did they train last Tuesday? I drove down that way to Federal park near the pool but could not see anyone. Well there was one team but they looked too young to be z pl 3.

Quote Originally Posted by lookingforateam View Post
    Did they train last Tuesday? I drove down that way to Federal park near the pool but could not see anyone. Well there was one team but they looked too young to be z pl 3.
    We didnt end up training tuesday. We will be training this tuesday. At this stage federal park but we will be moving to Wallsend oval soon. If you want any more details pm me or email wallsendfc.zl@gmail.com

Season is getting close guys, anyone bold enough to make final ladder predictions for a bit of fun? Purely a guess but it may spark some discussion.
    1- New Lambton
    2- Mayfield
    3- RAAF
    4- Dudley (yes, I expect a big improvement this year)
    5- Kahibah
    6- Edgeworth
    7- Abermain
    8- Wallsend
    9- Jesmond (sorry Jesso, had to put someone last)

Discussion is good..... it will be an interesting season with the new clubs involved. Who knows at this stage how it will pan out. Going off pre season talk and a bit on knowledge about the teams heres my prediction.

1- New Lambton
    2- Wallsend
    3- Kahibah
    4- RAAF
    5- Mayfield
    6- Dudley
    7- Edgeworth
    8- Jesmond
    9- Abermain

1- RAAF
    2- New Lambton
    3- Kahibah
    4- Wallsend
    5- Edgeworth
    6- Abermain
    7- Mayfield
    8- Jesmond
    9- Bye
    10- Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Season is getting close guys, anyone bold enough to make final ladder predictions for a bit of fun? Purely a guess but it may spark some discussion.
    1- New Lambton
    2- Mayfield
    3- RAAF
    4- Dudley (yes, I expect a big improvement this year)
    5- Kahibah
    6- Edgeworth
    7- Abermain
    8- Wallsend
    9- Jesmond (sorry Jesso, had to put someone last)
    Can tell you kahibah will be extremely competitive in both grades. The pushed us in 1sts and beat out rez last weekend.

New lambton
    Wallsend
    Kahibah
    Edge worth
    Mayfield
    Raff
    Dudley
    Jeso
    Abermain

Quote Originally Posted by forzaviola View Post
    1- RAAF
    2- New Lambton
    3- Kahibah
    4- Wallsend
    5- Edgeworth
    6- Abermain
    7- Mayfield
    8- Jesmond
    9- Bye
    10- Dudley
    Wow forzavolia or voilet is it? Back to your best, dudley behind the bye. I still think you are in hiding, im guessing your one of the following?

* current player with another zl3 team possibly a new team, maybe new lambton or kahibah?

*former dudley player?

*Or someone that hates dudley itself? Possibly someone that wanted to live in dudley area or use the beaches at dudley or redhead and was never socialy accepted there?

One of those 3 I reckon???

For the record. Predictions

1-Raaf
    2-New Lambton
    3-Wallsend
    4-Dudley
    5-Mayfield
    6-Kahibah
    7-Edgeworth
    8-Jesmond
    9- Abermain

Very difficult to rate form on new teams. New lambron look strong. Wallsend and Kahibah will benefit from having higher league teams and experience in ranks. Raaf have had many trials and their results have been good. Mayfield could be bolters given their finish last year. Edgeworth will be competitive. Unsure on jesmond and abermain, hence their predictions finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    Can tell you kahibah will be extremely competitive in both grades. The pushed us in 1sts and beat out rez last weekend.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure what was happening as far as being stripped of players for higher grade, only reason I had em there.

Hey boys,

Those playing against Edgeworth, there has been fixture changes due to their home ground been double booked.
    Might want to check with yer managers to confirm, but this was sent to clubs....

League 3 - Edgeworth Oval

9/5/2015 v Kahibah MOVED to Sunday 10/5/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
    30/5/2015 v Jesmond MOVED to Sunday 30/5/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
    27/6/2015 v RAAF MOVED to Sunday 27/6/15 – 1.15pm/3.00pm.
    11/7/2015 v Mayfield Jnr – Res 1.30pm, 1st 3.15pm
    1/8/2015 v New Lambton – Res 3.30pm, 1st 5.15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Wow forzavolia or voilet is it? Back to your best, dudley behind the bye. I still think you are in hiding, im guessing your one of the following?

* current player with another zl3 team possibly a new team, maybe new lambton or kahibah?

*former dudley player?

*Or someone that hates dudley itself? Possibly someone that wanted to live in dudley area or use the beaches at dudley or redhead and was never socialy accepted there?

One of those 3 I reckon???
    correct, it is violet, in italian. if you know football, you know. if you don't, you support liverpool. its a little saying i have.

a conglomerate of all three, or maybe a mixture of two? definitely not one. you decide.

Dudley vs Jesmond.
    Res 5-1 to Dudley
    1st 3-1 to Dudley
    Looks like we beat the bye Fuzzyvulva.
    Both games played in pretty good spirit, pitch was quite good too. Good first round effort from a new team in ZL3.

New Lambton v Mayfield
    Res 1-0 to Mayfield
    1st 3-2 to New Lambton (Mayfield were 2-1 up with about 10 minutes to go)

Pretty evenly contested in both grades.

Wallsend vs Kahibah @ The Gardens

Res - 2 all
    Overall if Wallsend could have finished there chances they would have won.

1st 3 - 2 to Wallsend
    2 keeping mistakes, one from each side had the game at 1 all. A scrappy goal from Kahibah put them up 2-1. A few minutes later back to 2 all with a screamer from outside the box. Not too much longer Wallsend up 3-2 with a header from a corner.

Great hard fought game from Kahibah. Wouldnt expect anything less from the battles we have had over the last few seasons in ZL1 and ZPL. Will do well this season. Good luck for the year boys.

As an old **** with a drinking problem no i couldn't do better I am not a football player anymore I am a drinker.

That reserve game I agree with the above poster.

First grade before I comment on the game Wallsend that was a terrible act of sportsmanship . Their player went down for about 5 minutes near play . Everyone could see him but they continued to try and score instead of kicking the ball out. Fair enough it is their player right? But Kahibah stole the ball put a threw ball through. The guy was on a break away and only then Wallsend appealed to the ref to stop play and he did. Why didn't you stop for your own player while you had the chance? To make it worse the guy then got up and played on. Kahibah was robbed at the chance to go up 2-0 and that was the game. Can you explain that WFC ZL.

2 'screamers' for Wallsend were from to far out and at the keepers head and he almost ducked to miss them. I am not sure if bad day for the keeper or he always plays like that.

Both teams will go good in first grade. Not sure about reserves it was an ugly game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    New lambton
    Wallsend
    Kahibah
    Edge worth
    Mayfield
    Raff
    Dudley
    Jeso
    Abermain

1. The Lambton of new - Team to beat.
    2. Dudley- I watched the FFA cup game vs Mayfield and I to would have put them behind the bye but I was told that was their reserve side. I heard a rumour they signed most of Dudley reserves Zpl now if this was true Dudley Zpl reserves are quality after watching them play mayf last season and they would walk this comp? But Im guessing it's just half the team from this forum banter?
    3. Mayfield - Hopefully #1 but had a good crack at the team to beat and will finish much higher than last season that's all I will say
    4.Wallsend - This is just of today never seen them or Kahibah play and I am giving them the edge as they won the game.
    5.Kahibah- explained above.
    6.Raaf - Comp has improved from last season only reason for this rank.
    7.Edgie- Could suprise as two all age teams come up.
    8. Jezo - Lost to last years spooners have an 8th.
    9. Abermain- You guys could come first, Could come last no idea Is there even a football pitch in Abermain. Does Abermain even exist? In a town were thugby is prominent I have no clue what to expect and I've thrown you last because I am not going there to watch football. But get up there win the comp and stick a finger up at me while you do it!