Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    congrats to both teams for taking out the final, job well done must say though new lambton ressies was a totally different line up from last week in 2 leg just goes to show if u stack your team with 1st graders how different the out come is, i feel sorry for every team that come up against a stacked new lambton ressie team
    You think NLFC was stacking? How about Wallsend Ressies in the final? First grade captain on the bench. Please!

Yeah we had our first grade captain on the bench, we had 13 available and fit reserve grade players. We did use both reserve grade players prior to bringing him on, and it was for the final 10 minutes to cover for an injury when we were already 1-0 up.

Thanks for the season guys, was a great year.

Hey guys

Have any players/clubs/teams here made the jump from all age to IDs?

What were the major differences, any problems faced? Standard massively different? Was the move worth it? Training and coaching a massive step up?

Have been involved in teams in the 'higher' all age grades (well aware 'higher' definately does not mean higher quality more so higher letter) and have noticed some years whole teams disappear. Understand some teams obviously fall apart/change clubs but was wondering if any teams or players leave All age and head to lower zone leagues.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. My local club is contemplating making the step up and we need to go to our committee with some info.

Thanks

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Hey guys

Have any players/clubs/teams here made the jump from all age to IDs?

What were the major differences, any problems faced? Standard massively different? Was the move worth it? Training and coaching a massive step up?

Have been involved in teams in the 'higher' all age grades (well aware 'higher' definately does not mean higher quality more so higher letter) and have noticed some years whole teams disappear. Understand some teams obviously fall apart/change clubs but was wondering if any teams or players leave All age and head to lower zone leagues.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. My local club is contemplating making the step up and we need to go to our committee with some info.

Thanks

Ranger
    Pretty simple Ranger, you need around 30-31 players and a coach who is willing to start in this grade and help young fellas improve. The majority of Dudley remains ex A/A although we managed to score some quality guys this year for first grade.
    I would say don't over think it or complicate it, the biggest thing is the number of guys that are willing to commit for at least the year no matter what. If you can achieve that then you are there. Go for it, see you next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Pretty simple Ranger, you need around 30-31 players and a coach who is willing to start in this grade and help young fellas improve. The majority of Dudley remains ex A/A although we managed to score some quality guys this year for first grade.
    I would say don't over think it or complicate it, the biggest thing is the number of guys that are willing to commit for at least the year no matter what. If you can achieve that then you are there. Go for it, see you next year.

I've known of a few clubs who have joined two "mid range (between G and K grade)" all age teams together to start a pathway for their junior player development.
    League 3 is the starting point, and it's best to have no less than 30 registrations for the 2 teams - Res and Firsts.
    There is a nomination fee, but generally that can mostly be covered by the "Wins bonus" you receive back at the end of year.
    It would be best to contact your zone office for more information to take back to your committee - let's get rid of that pesky BYE team hey.

One of our guys told us teams out for next year. 11 team comp, not sure if that means 22 rounds? 10 teams would have been better, 11 teams is too many considering its only a top 4.

Raaf
    Mayfield
    Dudley
    New lambton
    Abermain
    Edgeworth
    Kahibah
    Tenambit
    Hamilton Azzurri
    Bolwarra
    Argenton

Probably only 20 rounds - you generally don't play against yourself.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Carn Azzurri!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifts View Post
    Probably only 20 rounds - you generally don't play against yourself.
    There is a thing called the Bye. I think it nearly beat jesmond last year.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    One of our guys told us teams out for next year. 11 team comp, not sure if that means 22 rounds? 10 teams would have been better, 11 teams is too many considering its only a top 4.

Raaf
    Mayfield
    Dudley
    New lambton
    Abermain
    Edgeworth
    Kahibah
    Tenambit
    Hamilton Azzurri
    Bolwarra
    Argenton
    Did he mention where he saw the list for next season from? Can't seem to find it in the usual places.

The Zone League meeting was on last Wednesday night. They had a hand out with all the teams and Grades on it.

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.S.C ZL View Post
    The Zone League meeting was on last Wednesday night. They had a hand out with all the teams and Grades on it.
    Ah ok safe to say my club probably didn't attend was just interested to see if medowie were still in zl2 after hearing they may not get a team.

At this stage ZL2 is Westlakes, Plattsburg Maryland, Muswellbrook, Merewether Advance, Wallsend, Medowie, Kurri Kurri, Uni, Hamilton Olympic and Hunter Simba. Good thing about if Medowie do pull out there is 11 teams in ZL3 so someone will go up and leave 10 teams for both comps.

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.S.C ZL View Post
    At this stage ZL2 is Westlakes, Plattsburg Maryland, Muswellbrook, Merewether Advance, Wallsend, Medowie, Kurri Kurri, Uni, Hamilton Olympic and Hunter Simba. Good thing about if Medowie do pull out there is 11 teams in ZL3 so someone will go up and leave 10 teams for both comps.
    If what was said last year was true I would expect that to happen and second place from this comp last year take the step up to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    If what was said last year was true I would expect that to happen and second place from this comp last year take the step up to fill the void.
    So 2nd from last year would be Dudley, or does New Lambton go up after winning the GF and finishing second in the club championship? Either way, what a shame that ZL3 may not enjoy the powder keg that a Dudley v New Lambton re match will bring. After the theatrical goings on at the end of the year and with some heinous accusations thrown around that ended up in a judiciary hearing full of lies and bullshit, there is no love lost for Dudley from anyone in Blue. The front bar committee at The Duke tell me that New Lambton FC have officially merged with The Eagles and the ZL3 team will play within a Premier Mens set up to give young lads a taste of playing seniors. some big names overseeing their new structure. Alder Park is having some ground works done and the plans of a New Lambton team in NEWFM are well and truly in place. Either way, New Lambton are expecting to lose a few from last year to The Eagles 1st/Res and I hear rumblings that the Coach is moving on up in the world anyway to team up with a mate nearby at an NPL club. Unsure if that will effect player movements or retention. If one of Dudley or New Lambton does go up, maybe a nice feisty little trial?

For credibility sakes of the comp I would hope they would take second place. reward the season form not the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    For credibility sakes of the comp I would hope they would take second place. reward the season form not the post season.
    Tend to agree. Dudley would be miffed if they didnt get first crack. The whole promotion and relegation process needs a revamp. If sleepy Al Nisbett was running the EPL there would be no Bournemouth. No Merseyside, Manchester or Birmingham derbies or... end of season fairy tales. Why shouldnt Abermain have a shot of ongoing promotion from Zone Leagues if they keep winning and if they meet reasonable criteria. Its what football is all about.

I might have to sit our game out to watch New Lambton v Dudley or furthermore play it on a sunday.

In all serious I hope both teams sort issues out either way, maybe the judiciary did? Any news?

I think association should have considered 8 team comps. 11 is too many. Especially given only 4 make the finals. Which for us would be a massive achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I might have to sit our game out to watch New Lambton v Dudley or furthermore play it on a sunday.

In all serious I hope both teams sort issues out either way, maybe the judiciary did? Any news?

I think association should have considered 8 team comps. 11 is too many. Especially given only 4 make the finals. Which for us would be a massive achievement.
    I have played in an 8 team comp and also a 6 team comp previously, and it doesn't work. If you are running an 8 team comp and you only play each team twice the season is far too short. Or if you play each team 3 times to make it worthwhile , it feels like you are playing the same players every week and get rather mundane. The year that the old ID3 was a 6 team comp we had to play each team 4 times and it was boring as all hell. Plus once the table started to sort itself out teams started forfeiting away games they couldn't be bothered to travel to if they had already played that team and lost a couple of times previously. It was all a bit of a farce really.

Playing football is actually expensive with rego clubs I have experienced sometimes being $300 and up. The more games that you get in the better, I mean thats what we sign up for right, to play games of football! So in an 11 team comp each team playing 20 games and facing opposition only twice in the season, I think its pretty good value for money really and keeps the comp interesting. The more teams challenging the better the competition.

As far as the finals thing goes, finals football is there as reward for the BEST teams in the competition. I personally wouldn't claim finishing in the top 50% of a competition to be that much of an achievement in all honesty, and I think comps with smaller numbers of teams and a higher percentage of finals places aren't as competitive as you can essentially be a pretty poor team and still be rewarded at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    I have played in an 8 team comp and also a 6 team comp previously, and it doesn't work. If you are running an 8 team comp and you only play each team twice the season is far too short. Or if you play each team 3 times to make it worthwhile , it feels like you are playing the same players every week and get rather mundane. The year that the old ID3 was a 6 team comp we had to play each team 4 times and it was boring as all hell. Plus once the table started to sort itself out teams started forfeiting away games they couldn't be bothered to travel to if they had already played that team and lost a couple of times previously. It was all a bit of a farce really.

Playing football is actually expensive with rego clubs I have experienced sometimes being $300 and up. The more games that you get in the better, I mean thats what we sign up for right, to play games of football! So in an 11 team comp each team playing 20 games and facing opposition only twice in the season, I think its pretty good value for money really and keeps the comp interesting. The more teams challenging the better the competition.

As far as the finals thing goes, finals football is there as reward for the BEST teams in the competition. I personally wouldn't claim finishing in the top 50% of a competition to be that much of an achievement in all honesty, and I think comps with smaller numbers of teams and a higher percentage of finals places aren't as competitive as you can essentially be a pretty poor team and still be rewarded at the end of the season.
    Fair call, Im am more looking at it from an interest point of view. Teams that cant make the finals can quickly loose interest in the last few games. Scores blowout. Afterall the main prize is the minor premiership and promotion.

Look at the A league, 6 out of 10 make the finals. That is the major competition in the country. Maybe too many, but at least there is more interest in more matches on the table right the way to the end.