Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 3 thread

Is anyone from abermain on here? We found a pair of boots and gloves in away shed after yesterday's game (assume they are your keepers) Will bring them up Wednesday night for the return game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberju View Post
    Well said Wallsend. That's why comments like kings arnt helpful. ZL3 stepping stone into zone leagues and not every team is going to finish top four. If people like king disrespect new teams and they drop out ,ZL3 will never get a 10 team comp. you only have to look at Dudley who finished with the spoon last year and currently sitting on top (would have been a shame if they just packed it in).
    I think I have given praise to 3 new clubs constantly?? I call it as I see it. I didnt realise that I had to wrap everyone in a nice warm blanket and sing Delta Goodrem. Yes I hope Jesmond and Abermain keep at it, I hope Dudley get their "missing" players back before finals and keep the minor premiership as the table says they deserve it. For the record, I hope its a NL and Wallsend GF as it will put the 2 best teams on show in ZL3. Hows that? Love fest over.

I think that the result from Dudley v Wallsend next week will have a massive impact on the minor premiership race! A few exciting weeks of football coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I think that the result from Dudley v Wallsend next week will have a massive impact on the minor premiership race! A few exciting weeks of football coming up.
    The biggest impact it will have is who will be challenging NL for the top spot. I dont see any teams taking points from NL's first grade for the rest of the season, and with their games in hand will cruise to the Minor Prem. Not to rule out the chance of upsets, but they are a solid team. You just can't score against them.

My prediction of the top 4:

New Lambt
    Dudley
    Wallsend
    RAAF

NL v Wallsend GF

NL on pens (4-3)

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    The biggest impact it will have is who will be challenging NL for the top spot. I dont see any teams taking points from NL's first grade for the rest of the season, and with their games in hand will cruise to the Minor Prem. Not to rule out the chance of upsets, but they are a solid team. You just can't score against them.

My prediction of the top 4:

New Lambt
    Dudley
    Wallsend
    RAAF

NL v Wallsend GF

NL on pens (4-3)
    Yeah I agree that Dudley won't be minor premiers they had a great start to the season but NL are starting to fire now. NL are very strong in defense and scoring against them is tough. 0-0 draw with Wallsend last round I think there will be a few goals next time!

But Can they do it on a cold wednesday night in Abermain?

Nlfc vs Abermain

Reserve Grade 2-1 to Nlfc
    First Grade 3-0 to nlfc

Huge credit to the abermain lads. Despite recent results we all agree they are much better than the table states. Issue is depth and if they can fix that then 2016 is a new year for them.

Massive credit to the abermain keeper in firsts who had an absolute blinder, some point blank stuff!

Scores over the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Scores over the weekend?
    Mayfield vs Jesmond.

Res 2-1 Mayfield
    1sts 4-1 Mayfield

Mayfield dominated both grades, with Jesmond only having the upper hand for about 15 minutes in reserves. Having said that, they did have 6 players play both grades. To Jesmond's credit they never gave up.

Dobbo / wfczl, game definitely on today?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Dobbo / wfczl, game definitely on today?
    Yep games on. Field was checked about 30 minutes ago and is right to play.

We wish all the best to the ressie player with the broken leg. A speedy and problem free recovery is all that matters for him now. Looks like a clean fibula snap just above the ankle. Poor bloke. Match report irrelevant. Was 0-0 .1st at 1/2 time wallsend up 3-0.

We wish all the best to the ressie player with the broken leg. A speedy and problem free recovery is all that matters for him now. Looks like a clean fibula snap just above the ankle. Poor bloke. Match report irrelevant. Was 0-0 .1st at 1/2 time wallsend up 3-0.
    Thanks for the kind words. Gets surgery in the morning. From what ive heard multiple breaks. Will be out for a while. Hope your guy is alright as well. No ones fault. 50/50 challenge that both contested.

1st Grade ended up 4 - 1 Wallsend.

Did the young lads surgery go well today? When is he allowed to go home?

http://www.imgur.com/rhldbCh

Surgery completed and he is apparently doing well. Not sure when he'll be out.

ouch!

Ouch- makes my fractured ribs from the weekend look like a bump. Hope for a speedy recovery and he gets back on the football park again in the future.

Hi Boys,

In the event we make finals... Just want to know the ruling when playing players in a grade... I got this from the association... Does this mean a guy needs to have played (66%) 11games for that grade for him to qualify ?
    Christ with all the injuries we've had and the shuffling around this is a bit of a balls....

E51 FINAL SERIES PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

(a) The eligibility of a Player to play for a Reserve or Third Grade in a Finals Series Match shall be determined by the Regulation that each Player competing in that Grade must have been listed in the starting eleven (11) of that Grade for not less than sixty-six percent (66%) of the Official Fixtures Draw Matches for the competition Season in which that Grade has competed (designated Goalkeepers exempt). Any Player who plays for a Reserve or Third Grade Team in a Finals Series Match without meeting the 66% requirement will be deemed an Ineligible Player for that Grade and the appropriate Regulations shall be applied. Each Club will be responsible for determining the eligibility of its Registered ZFL Players and must maintain a system of tracking each of its Players for the full competition Season by recording from Team Match Sheets the Players in the starting eleven (11) for each Grade for each Competition Match; this will allow the Club to list Players who qualify for each Grade by meeting the 66% requirement. It is anticipated that FoxSP will have a program that will permit this tracking to be done.

Did the young lads surgery go well today? When is he allowed to go home?
    Surgery went well, Surgeon came and saw him this morning, he has a titanium rod in tibia from knee to ankle, 2 pins at top and 3 at bottom. Going on for next lot of X-rays this morning and will find out if he can go home today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Surgery went well, Surgeon came and saw him this morning, he has a titanium rod in tibia from knee to ankle, 2 pins at top and 3 at bottom. Going on for next lot of X-rays this morning and will find out if he can go home today or tomorrow.
    All the best to wallsend lad, hope your recovery goes well. Nobody expects to go to football and end up in hospital.

Wallsend firsts are favourites IMO, very dangerous going forward. Dudley has work ahead of them, but should have scored more goals.

Hey guys, this is the Wallsend player who broke his leg on the weekend! Just wanted to get on here and thank you all for the comments and support! I've managed to do a number on the leg in which I broke the tibia and fibula. I've now got a rod in my tibia from knee to ankle and we be off my feet for 6 weeks and then after that hopefully into physio and will be walking - running again in a few months. Thanks a lot to Dudley who showed a lot of concern during the incident! Please pass on a msg to your player who was involved and let him know that their is no hard feelings what so ever it was a 50/50 contest and I just ended up worse off. I knew all the risks of attempting to the get the ball.
    Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season and I'm sure I'll be watching you guys in finals from the sidelines!
    Cheers. Lucas