Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Mans Asian cup - 10pm kickoff socceroos.

What's with the phones?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    What's with the phones?
    No idea. Have tried to find an answer myself but only thing I can see is people asking "what was with the phones?" on twitter, someone saying "this should only be done in the 74th minute" and one person who wrote:

"Stands lit with cell phone lights, people singing "I am, you are, we are Australian".
    Goosebumps. Love this.
    @ANZStadium @socceroos #OMAvAUS
    I also found that it was done there against South Africa as well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImVJ89OOaKU

Its been done before, shows how many people are plastic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Huh?

this thread title initially put a thought of the tournament hosted in Burma. that'd be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    No idea. Have tried to find an answer myself but only thing I can see is people asking "what was with the phones?" on twitter, someone saying "this should only be done in the 74th minute" and one person who wrote:

I also found that it was done there against South Africa as well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImVJ89OOaKU

Maybe the 74th minute is in respect of the WC qualification in 1974 ?

Good thread

Have work from 5-10pm on Saturday night I hope no one spoils the scores at work aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Best post.

Shame we can only rate to 5 stars.

Mexican waves are bad. They're for people who don't have the patience or interest to sit through 90 minutes of football
    True, Mexican waves are a sign of boredom. What, 4 goals isn't enough??? I was at the game. My mate and I didn't participate in the Mexican wave because we were watching the game.

Some of the chants left me wondering when someone was going to start up with "Oooh Ah Glenn McGrath...", because it was like being at the cricket.

I did get a big laugh out of the "what do we think of tottenham" chant that started directly behind, but in the tier above me
    OK

Bump.

At least in Newcastle it might be harder for all the numpties to start a Mexican wave due to the hill ends being empty.

As for Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ... that should warrant a kick out by any security.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    At least in Newcastle it might be harder for all the numpties to start a Mexican wave due to the hill ends being empty.

As for Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ... that should warrant a kick out by any security.
    Oh that didn't stop a small section on the North-Western side attempting to get one started on Saturday night. Took them a while to give up even though no other Bay was getting involved.

9 minutes into the match last night (china v north korea) a wave was started. by the chinese fans. 2 laps on the first attempt. pathetic!

midway through the second half, another wave was attempted by some anglo's, abject failure.

also, thread title needs updating as the next socceroos match will, I assume, start at 11:30pm.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nope, ABC showing the game live

thread title still needs to change then!