Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why It Is Great To Live In Newy

Banned

Why It Is Great To Live In Newy

Whilst up in Brisvegas at the weekend was talking to a bloke who asked me where I was from. When I replied Newy he asked us what's great about Newy.

Now for the first time in my life I was ****ing speechless trying to articulate and define why it is great to live in this utopian paradise.

Next time I want to be prepared to answer this question correctly and be able to explain to these ****s why the **** we live in the greatest place on the ****ing planet.

Start listing the reasons why so I can actually nail the question next time

Most places are 15-20 minutes from everywhere. The beach, the shops, the stadium. It's got enough variety without the big city feel.

And we're at the foot of the vineyards
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

dong.jpegOnly response you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It's not the central coast.

/thread
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Problem is then you are dealing with people who will never fully understand and appreciate how ****ed that hole is.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    dong.jpegOnly response you need.
    Hahaha.. So true.. We had some pommy backpackers crash at ours last week and all they could talk about was the "Cocktower"..
    Love a massive phallic symbol to get subliminal messages flowing..

Growing up on Lake Macquarie, I always used to think that Newy was the arsehole of the earth.. I don't even know why, that was just the general concensus and all I ever used to hear, so as a young pecker, thats what I assumed.. I ended up going to uni in Newy, moving in to Tighes Hill (the two local "ladies of the night", Fatty and Gothy were always trying to get passerbys attentions) I got to see the more, ummm, alternative side of Newy.. Still didn't really rate or rave about the place..
    After travelling through Europe for the first time I came back, moved into Newy beach and started to look at the town through a "tourists" eyes.. It is a fvcking amazing place..
    It's a large city that is spread out enough to not be completely sardined in, nor are you queueing or lining up for everything, yet there are still plenty of options of places to go, things to see..
    As people have already pointed out, the sites are brilliant.. The beaches, foreshore, harbour, view of the cathedral/cocktower, parks, bathes, historical places like Fort Scratchley (hidden bunkers and tunnels on the hillsides), obelisk lookout (perfect for a sneaky jibba at sunset), bogey hole.. And thats just the East End of town!

Positioning.. The vineyards are half an hour away, the lake is even closer.. You are a few hours North of Sydney, and very close to Nelson Bay and Myall Lakes.. You are far enough away from the Central Coast that you don't get their inbred gypo stench, but close enough to mock them.. The lifestyle is chilled out and relaxed (although, that could also be a bad thing, I've had mates move to Brisbane/Sydney cause they claim there is bugger all going on in the night-life department, obviously they havent been to the Argyle with SD).. I could go on and add more to this, but I think im already bordering on people giving this the old tl;dr..

I won't delve in to the suburbs, I'll let someone like Skirt Boy spruik the amazing lifestyle and opportunities that Windale has to offer..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I won't delve in to the suburbs, I'll let someone like Skirt Boy spruik the amazing lifestyle and opportunities that Windale has to offer..
    My probation officer advises me not to talk about Windale due to possibilities of incriminating myself.

OK

Banned
    Hahaha.. So true.. We had some pommy backpackers crash at ours last week and all they could talk about was the "Cocktower"..
    Love a massive phallic symbol to get subliminal messages flowing..

Growing up on Lake Macquarie, I always used to think that Newy was the arsehole of the earth.. I don't even know why, that was just the general concensus and all I ever used to hear, so as a young pecker, thats what I assumed.. I ended up going to uni in Newy, moving in to Tighes Hill (the two local "ladies of the night", Fatty and Gothy were always trying to get passerbys attentions) I got to see the more, ummm, alternative side of Newy.. Still didn't really rate or rave about the place..
    After travelling through Europe for the first time I came back, moved into Newy beach and started to look at the town through a "tourists" eyes.. It is a fvcking amazing place..
    It's a large city that is spread out enough to not be completely sardined in, nor are you queueing or lining up for everything, yet there are still plenty of options of places to go, things to see..
    As people have already pointed out, the sites are brilliant.. The beaches, foreshore, harbour, view of the cathedral/cocktower, parks, bathes, historical places like Fort Scratchley (hidden bunkers and tunnels on the hillsides), obelisk lookout (perfect for a sneaky jibba at sunset), bogey hole.. And thats just the East End of town!

Positioning.. The vineyards are half an hour away, the lake is even closer.. You are a few hours North of Sydney, and very close to Nelson Bay and Myall Lakes.. You are far enough away from the Central Coast that you don't get their inbred gypo stench, but close enough to mock them.. The lifestyle is chilled out and relaxed (although, that could also be a bad thing, I've had mates move to Brisbane/Sydney cause they claim there is bugger all going on in the night-life department, obviously they havent been to the Argyle with SD).. I could go on and add more to this, but I think im already bordering on people giving this the old tl;dr..

Great post
    Forgot about The Bogey Hole and Fort Scratchley

Bloke I spoke to from out of town once upon a time was into beach activities and had seen quite a few on the planet and absolutely raved about our beaches and considered them top shelf. Bloke had only ever been to Nobbys and Newy Beach also so he missed the others like Red Head Bar Beach etc and not forgetting the 30k's of Stocko

If you have more to add no one is bored

Keep Going

Nice work pv4..

I was also thinking along these lines, when this song went a bit viral a year or two ago:

Tell everyone it sucks.
    Too many people here already.
    Don't need more tourists sticking their noses in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Downside to living here, you have Gypos like this bloke who can post this, but not the sheep quiz answers

Having known a lot of raafies, they prefer this town over many, just because it's so easy and cruisy, there's no big city smoke blah blah blah, the only problem they have is Medowie
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Most places are 15-20 minutes from everywhere. The beach, the shops, the stadium. It's got enough variety without the big city feel.

And we're at the foot of the vineyards
    Beaches? nope, we are pandering to a couple of sharks. Now I gotta get back to my butcher shop

If they need a reason why to live here, they shouldn't be living here.
    Go jetties

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    we have Joel Griffiths

no other city can say that

Nice work pv4..

I was also thinking along these lines, when this song went a bit viral a year or two ago:

I just found this in related videos
    then I vomited

The most insular town on the planet but who gives a ****. Love Newy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The most insular town on the planet
    Never been to Boston huh?
    its like Dudley beach on steroids.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Pub town.