Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #Gold4Newy

#Gold4Newy

SQUADRON STATEMENT: BRING BACK THE GOLDEN YEARS

“Football would be without enjoyment if you removed the possibility of doing something about it”

While we don’t demand fans follow our lead it has been decided by The Squadron FSC that we make a demonstration to show our displeasure at the current running of our club the Newcastle United Jets.

We believe the ideal way without removing our support for the eleven players on the field is that we begin to wear our former colours, gold, on game day. This can be from an old Jersey to a gold t-shirt.
    This movement is not confined to the active bays but the whole stadium.

Gold was the colour we wore when we had a club to be proud of and where some of the city’s finest soccer memories have come from.

From our first a-league game in August 05, our grand final win in 2008 and our games in Asia. The memories in gold are endless.

This is not a protest against the colours of the club, more a disapproval at how our club is being run and what it stands for today.

We support the club in victory and defeat but we do not support the way the club is being run at the moment.

We don’t demand ownership changes but we need to see that current management has a real and successful plan for club revival, that the club is being held accountable and providing the best product for all loyal fans throughout the Hunter who back the club.

We as Newcastle United Jets fans are the most loyal fans in the league and deserve so much better.

Wear Gold and

BRING BACK THE GOLDEN YEARS
    #Gold4Newy.

Furns will be on 1233 after 5pm today talking this up.

Let's get it going, sharing and getting people involved through your own social media would be appreciated.
    Go jetties

Good stuff

nice smooth chat furnz

Been on yet? Only just got home to internet

If no gold? (mines moth eaten and indecent given my current BMI)

Black?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 28-01-2015 at 05:51 PM.

I think I've still got a number of those Squadron t-shirts from after the grand final. The ones that celebrated The Squadron-kamikaze-rsr-SHW. Can dig them out if people who don't have gold want to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    I think I've still got a number of those Squadron t-shirts from after the grand final. The ones that celebrated The Squadron-kamikaze-rsr-SHW. Can dig them out if people who don't have gold want to wear one.
    Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Would love one!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    What about the bloke from the players assoc...does he take us all for idiots or does he work for tinks....no smoke, no fire.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    What about the bloke from the players assoc...does he take us all for idiots or does he work for tinks....no smoke, no fire.
    He has to retain a level of trust with the players. If he spills the beans without the players' consent, he might as well draw up his resignation

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Yeah I'm starting to think he's an imposter hired by the Jets Ministry for Information. Turned up to the Player meeting and said "hey guys, I was just up here for the Socceroo game, what's up?" They unloaded and he relayed to Tinks that Clacka and the boys sided with the players and then went on ABC to let everyone know that everything is fine and Tinks knows what he is doing.

Also love it how that other guy talking to Paul Beven said some rugby league dude once said, "There's nothing that three wins in a row can't fix". That's because that is the exact length of your average rugby league follower's attention span.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Would love one!
    okay I've checked. I've got around 25 of these t-shirts ranging from XL, L, M, S.

Can hand back to Squadron Prez for distribution if you want.

Banned
    No issues with the gold

Just confused by the bit in the statement about not demanding ownership change.

I understand you may not wish to be seen pushing this angle but FFS I think we are beyond the stage of giving Tinks another go. I will be wearing the Gold because I want him gone and I view the colour Gold as a colour that was hijacked and taken away from us by this disaster of a regime and I am now refuse to wear his Dog Molester colours he chose for us

**** tinkler.

Happy member?
    Go jetties

Ok I have 2 questions about this whole saga:
    1. Is that Remo Twitter feed legit him?
    2. Where are Kasey Wehrmans heavies? Anyone got a number?

We should be planning a party for the next home game.

As if tinks and stubbins will still be around.

Never tear us apart everyone....never tear us apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Time for some Bowie "Golden Years"