Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #Gold4Newy

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No issues with the gold

Just confused by the bit in the statement about not demanding ownership change.

I understand you may not wish to be seen pushing this angle but FFS I think we are beyond the stage of giving Tinks another go. I will be wearing the Gold because I want him gone and I view the colour Gold as a colour that was hijacked and taken away from us by this disaster of a regime and I am now refuse to wear his Dog Molester colours he chose for us
    when the protest started there was some room left for remediation. but not now

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    What about the bloke from the players assoc...does he take us all for idiots or does he work for tinks....no smoke, no fire.
    vivian bloke
    i thought the same. apparently he has to blantantly lie to the public to keep his job. Could go into real estate if it doesnt work out
    Last edited by hawk; 28-01-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Could we do something on Friday for this, a practice run?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    like tinks coffin full of ice cold beers?

Banned
    I am all ears.

You want to go the full hog though and not just the gold shirts but bring the tinkler out stubbins out Griff in protest to action before the FFA to let the ****s know that we mean business??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am all ears.

You want to go the full hog though and not just the gold shirts but bring the tinkler out stubbins out Griff in protest to action before the FFA to let the ****s know that we mean business??
    I think that is the point....FFA are no doubt just wishing this will go away until after the Asian Cup is over.

To do something on Friday, in front of all the AFC/FFA suits in attendance, on national and Asia wide television will embarrass them somewhat. Even just gathering on the hill or similar.

Banned
    I think that is the point....FFA are no doubt just wishing this will go away until after the Asian Cup is over.

To do something on Friday, in front of all the AFC/FFA suits in attendance, on national and Asia wide television will embarrass them somewhat. Even just gathering on the hill or similar.
    I have a ****ing banner and I will get the other **** finished.

It's on

I'll be wearing my gold shirt on Friday.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Just gather in gold on the southern hill I reckon, in camera shot.

A simple sign - "FFA, do something".

Banned
    Just gather in gold on the southern hill I reckon, in camera shot.

A simple sign - "FFA, do something".
    A cardboard sheet from the newsagent with texter message will suffice

Get them happening

Just use a bedsheet
    One side: FFA - do something
    Other side: This is a sheet
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Just use a bedsheet
    One side: FFA - do something
    Other side: This is a sheetfight

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...r-club/?cs=306

Fans plan golden protest over club

THE Squadron supporters group secretary Toby Mills said Jets fans were the ‘‘real losers’’ in the turmoil consuming the club.

The Squadron on Wednesday called on fans to wear gold shirts in protest against the management of the club.

The Jets wore gold during the first six seasons of the A-League, before owner Nathan Tinkler adopted the Knights colours of red and blue in 2011-12 as part of his ‘‘Team Newcastle’’ vision.

Who do you think is most to blame for the turmoil at the Jets?

The crisis deepened on Wednesday after the Jets said they had sacked players Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Billy Celeski, Joel Griffiths and Adrian Madaschi as well as staff Clayton Zane, Neil Young and Andrew Packer.

‘‘If the issues aren’t sorted out, the real losers are the fans,’’ Mills said. ‘‘We’re the people who have to show up week in week out and put up with this.

‘‘We don’t want to remove our support for the team and club, because you look how it went in North Queensland and the Gold Coast when things went pear-shaped there and people left the club enmasse and they no longer have clubs.’’

The Jets play their next game against Brisbane Roar at Hunter Stadium on February 6. The Squadron’s numbers have slumped in recent seasons, due to the Jets’ form and internal issues.

Mills said he was urging, not just The Squadron, but all Jets fans around the stadium to wear gold and send a clear message to Tinkler and Football Federation Australia.

‘‘What we wanted to do with wearing the gold kits was basically have something that is simple, visual and can be done by the masses,’’ he said.

‘‘Everyone who’s supported the club for years would probably have a gold kit or a piece of gold merchandise they can put on and say, ‘Look, I’m unhappy with how things are going,’ and I would love to see the stadium filled with gold shirts as it would show the football people in Newcastle actually care about the club.’’

It is not known whether Tinkler will be in charge of the Jets by the next home game as the FFA is understood to have set a deadline of Saturday for him to prove he is running the club properly.

Mills said The Squadron did not support nor condemn Tinkler but were demanding professional management of the club.

‘‘It’s the devil you know or the devil you don’t,’’ he said.

‘‘If the FFA take over and sell it to someone who might want to take them to south-west Sydney or somewhere like that, the FFA probably won’t stand in their way.

‘‘If Nathan Tinkler wants to keep the club here and runs it properly, that’s a good thing.’’

The FFA has said it was committed to having a team in Newcastle.

Note: before player sacking occurred.
    Go jetties

Anyone know what Josh Mitchells Twitter dig at Tinkler was about?
    Something about 'the incident with your PA'.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Anyone know what Josh Mitchells Twitter dig at Tinkler was about?
    Something about 'the incident with your PA'.
    he got his PA pregnant.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/priv...29-109cao.html
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    So to maximise a bit of impact with this protest Friday what say we start at a pre determined time to draw attention away from the game to us.

Kick Off probably not such a good idea as the cameras will stay with the game.

Lets pick a certain minute in the game when the protest starts and the cameras are obliged to show us instead of the game as we are the most poignant thing happening

Lets kick it off in the 8th Minute

Was just thinking exactly the same thing Member.

Ask everyone dressed in gold kit to assemble behind the goal on the southern hill just after kickoff, even those with tickets to the stands and kids especially. The idea being to recreate the incredible harmony of GF day when all types besides active support stood as one behind the goal.

At eight minutes a chant of some type (maybe just the "Jets" chant), placards/tifo raised for one full minute (at least till Fox catches it), applause around the stadium and then everyone can go back to their seats, community job done.

Shame the 2008 pullover doesn't exist anymore.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 29-01-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Fxxx me you're turning into the RBB, memba

But for real, if we do a Poznan at the 9th minute, singing "Joel Griffo, OLE OLE OLE, Joel Griffo OLE, Joel Griffo OLE OLE" I am 100% in.
    OK

Someone get onto Griff and shout him a ticket to the game to come protest with us! That would be the ultimate F U!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Someone get onto Griff and shout him a ticket to the game to come protest with us! That would be the ultimate F U!
    Current and former Socceroos, plus their families (or, at least I know of one person who is the son of a former Socceroo who gets free tickets for himself and his Dad to every game), get free tickets to any HAL game they want.
    OK