Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #Gold4Newy

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So to maximise a bit of impact with this protest Friday what say we start at a pre determined time to draw attention away from the game to us.

Kick Off probably not such a good idea as the cameras will stay with the game.

Lets pick a certain minute in the game when the protest starts and the cameras are obliged to show us instead of the game as we are the most poignant thing happening

Lets kick it off in the 8th Minute
    9th minute - for Griffo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I think that is the point....FFA are no doubt just wishing this will go away until after the Asian Cup is over.

To do something on Friday, in front of all the AFC/FFA suits in attendance, on national and Asia wide television will embarrass them somewhat. Even just gathering on the hill or similar.

So are you talking about doing something at the Oman v Iraq game this Friday and not the Jets game next Friday?

IMO that's inappropriate. For a start, it's not even an FFA game, its an AFC game. So yes, it will be extremely embarrassing for the FFA as they will see it as Aussie fans trying to do something political at an AFC event, so what do expect to get out of it? We need the FFA on side for an ownership transition. We need them to stop giving out the Newcastle license without appropriate due diligence. And when they are just talking about giving Newcastle more Socceroo games in the future, why would you embarrass them?

You are better to hold your powder until the Roar game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    So are you talking about doing something at the Oman v Iraq game this Friday and not the Jets game next Friday?

IMO that's inappropriate. For a start, it's not even an FFA game, its an AFC game. So yes, it will be extremely embarrassing for the FFA as they will see it as Aussie fans trying to do something political at an AFC event, so what do expect to get out of it? We need the FFA on side for an ownership transition. We need them to stop giving out the Newcastle license without appropriate due diligence. And when they are just talking about giving Newcastle more Socceroo games in the future, why would you embarrass them?

Totally disagree. FFA have sat around fiddling while Newy burns.

They are also party to Tinklers rage by ripping him off in the first place

Explain why they deserve preferential treatment??

I'm with haussman. protest outside the grounds instead of in the grounds, go for major statement at our home game.

I think the full gold protest behind the goal will have more impact at the Roar game...mainly as that is the theme for the night and there will be the full compliment of Jets fans there. Alot of Fridays support will be out of towners and many locals will just watch it on the tele. We would want max numbers behind the goal. Also, as we saw with the pitch invasion the other night, Fox might not be keen on showing something that might go worldwide.

That said, I do feel something should be done this week as FFA suits are in town.

Banned
    Was just thinking exactly the same thing Member.

Ask everyone dressed in gold kit to assemble behind the goal on the southern hill just after kickoff, even those with tickets to the stands and kids especially. The idea being to recreate the incredible harmony of GF day when all types besides active support stood as one behind the goal.

At eight minutes a chant of some type (maybe just the "Jets" chant), placards/tifo raised for one full minute (at least till Fox catches it), applause around the stadium and then everyone can go back to their seats, community job done.

Shame the 2008 pullover doesn't exist anymore.
    Wrong Song Choice.

8th Minute Song Choice is pretty straight forward.

NTUA

Only thing with it is instead of the word THEY will never tear us apart etc we should replace THEY with TINKLER

Fully agree WLG 9th min Griffo support song. One minute of lets all Jump for Griffo Ole Ole

10th Minute Everyone disperse and go back to watching the game.

2 mins of carnage and the Seccos and Police will not be able to act quickly enough to stop it

I'm with Haussman as well.

There is a difference between FFA sitting on their arse doing nothing and them making sure everything is legit when they revoke the licence. They act at the wrong point and this drags out for even longer. Why go out of our way to piss them off when we have no idea at what stage they are at behind the scenes.

So send a well reasoned email addressed to David Gallop.

Don't be as irrational and impulsive as our Overlord. We need to keep the license in Newcastle and we need to show the FFA that the Hunter is full of mature and passionate fans that deserve help keeping the license. You want to pull the tigers tail.

We don't know what the FFA are doing behind the scenes. They have a vested interest in a successful product because future TV deals are reliant on it.

Also, fail to plan, plan to fail. They'll be getting their ducks in a row and anticipating TInkler's next move. They won't be doing nothing.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'm with haussman. protest outside the grounds instead of in the grounds, go for major statement at our home game.
    +1

Unless Tinkler locks us out of the Brisbane game and plays it behind closed doors!

Should we invite Gypos - they'd miss us if we folded !

If anyone got ripped off in the license transfer, it was Con not Tinkler. I would not say they ripped him off.

A license has a value as has been proven with the sale of Brisbane, Melbourne City and WSW. Maybe Con should have seen the writing on the wall and tried to sell it himself before asking for FFA help, but they didn't advise him or give him an opportunity, unlike Tinkler who has had the club on the market for a while now.

#bringbackCon

Should we invite Gypos - they'd miss us if we folded !

I was wondering if we should appeal to the teams playing this weekend to help support us - Wanderers, Nix, City and Roar.

If it were happening to them would we show some solidarity for our fellow supporters?

forget it pal

Banned
    So send a well reasoned email addressed to David Gallop.

Don't be as irrational and impulsive as our Overlord. We need to keep the license in Newcastle and we need to show the FFA that the Hunter is full of mature and passionate fans that deserve help keeping the license. You want to pull the tigers tail.
    How are we being irrational or impulsive??

I would say we have been quite tolerant of the circus at our club for some time.

Standing up for ourselves isn't immature at all and it is a display that shows we are passionate.

If someone was treating one of the Sydney or Melburn clubs this way they would be all over it in a flash.
    But no its Newy and we have been treated as second class citizens by them and made to wait for action.

After yesterdays shenanigans from Tinkler if FFA don't act and respond today they are letting us down big time

this +1000

Aside from the gold shirt protest wouldn't it be an idea to encourage everyone not to make any purchases inside the ground on match day. Surely tinkler generates some revenue from mid strength beer sales.

I am with hausmann and Fish on this, I suspect FFA are doing a lot behind the scenes at the moment. Someone has been negotiating with Dundee United for example yet Tinkler is saying not him.

Save it for the Roar game, a lot could unfold in the next 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    I am with hausmann and Fish on this, I suspect FFA are doing a lot behind the scenes at the moment. Someone has been negotiating with Dundee United for example yet Tinkler is saying not him.

Save it for the Roar game, a lot could unfold in the next 7 days.
    +1

Anything we do during the ASian Cup could jeopardise ours, and the countries ability to get these sort of tournaments in the future. Let's not be the stain on the competition instead saving our rage for the context of the A-League.