Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: #Gold4Newy

I would estimate a good 70% were in the Gold. Fantastic response although it appears just over 3000 people didn't get the memo about not boycotting and supporting the team through thick and thin.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I would estimate a good 70% were in the Gold. Fantastic response although it appears just over 3000 people didn't get the memo about not boycotting and supporting the team through thick and thin.
    Plastic Fans etc

3000 Fairweather fans need to have a look good look in mirror.

Before anyone goes of with the predictable "what makes you think your a better fan then everyone else".
    Of course there are reason you can't make games but lets face in the 3000 that didn't show up/boycott/couldn't be bothered are an embarrassment to our club culture and themselves.
    FFS what don't they understand of NEVER TEAR US APART?

So when things turn around and this 3-4000 fans come back to games are we ment to welcome them with open arms?
    Yet if we turn our backs on the 3000 that abandoned our club we cop the backlash of "what makes you think you are a better fan". Makes me sick these fairweathers think they are supporting the club.

If you can't take me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Surely you can understand their frustration though. They may feel that not showing up is a clearer indication of their unwillingness to put up with Tinkler et al. While it's sad to see even more empty seats than usual, I can't begrudge anyone the right to vote with their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Before anyone goes of with the predictable "what makes you think your a better fan then everyone else".
    Of course there are reason you can't make games but lets face in the 3000 that didn't show up/boycott/couldn't be bothered are an embarrassment to our club culture and themselves.

So when things turn around and this 3-4000 fans come back to games are we ment to welcome them with open arms?
    Yet if we turn our backs on the 3000 that abandoned our club we cop the backlash of "what makes you think you are a better fan". Makes me sick these fairweathers think they are supporting the club.

Fight the good fight brah.
    I reackon next time we make the semis they should only sell tix to the well 'ard lot who stuck solid.
    Lock the gates on the rest of em.
    4,000 might look poor on TV but it will send a clear message that we are a club of values.
    Maybe we can let in the plastic fans in they either write a letter of apology or stand up in front of the playing group one by one and beg for forgiveness.

Actually has anyone thought about public executions (ISIS style) for these 'plastic fans'?
    Maybe get something going in Wheeler place to send a clear message to anyone considering deserting.

Banned

**** them

They deserve all the abuse they get about their plasticity.

Plastic Fans the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Surely you can understand their frustration though. They may feel that not showing up is a clearer indication of their unwillingness to put up with Tinkler et al. While it's sad to see even more empty seats than usual, I can't begrudge anyone the right to vote with their feet.
    I understand the frustration.

As to not showing up to show an unwillingness to put up with Tinkler? Sorry but I and I dont believe anyone else ever went to games beforehand to show it as a willingness to put up with Tinkler, so why does not showing up show an unwillingness? I go to games to support the Club, in my opinion the Club is not Tinklers it's ours.

It's not just sad seeing more empty seats it's embarrassing, one thing we did have on the Gypos was better support now if these figures keep up we will be the laughing stock to rival fans.
    As to begrudging them, are we ment to just forget the embarrassment when things get better and welcome them back after they abandoned us?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'm confused.
    I saw thousands and thousands of plastic fans last night.
    Looked like Melb heart fans

Is the plan for the Gold4Newy campaign to continue until we (hopefully) see a change of ownership?

I ditched red/blue months ago and won't be going back.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Is the plan for the Gold4Newy campaign to continue until we (hopefully) see a change of ownership?
    It wasn't about changing ownership.
    It was about changing the way the owner does his business.
    Though that in itself may mean an ownership change is needed.

Quite enjoyed wearing the old Reebok strip.....good quality, still looks mint.

Getting all the old kit out though, the gold material used in Season 1 was the best, after that it gradually lost its shine as the colour used changed.

I understand the frustration.

As to not showing up to show an unwillingness to put up with Tinkler? Sorry but I and I dont believe anyone else ever went to games beforehand to show it as a willingness to put up with Tinkler, so why does not showing up show an unwillingness? I go to games to support the Club, in my opinion the Club is not Tinklers it's ours.

It's not just sad seeing more empty seats it's embarrassing, one thing we did have on the Gypos was better support now if these figures keep up we will be the laughing stock to rival fans.
    As to begrudging them, are we ment to just forget the embarrassment when things get better and welcome them back after they abandoned us?
    Last night for the first time I actually felt as though it wasn't our team and in fact was tinklers, the sackings, the game, it had a real bad feeling and like jeterpool said in the other thread I didn't get super enjoyment out of our equaliser

Might have just been last night but it wasn't a good sign
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Last night for the first time I actually felt as though it wasn't our team and in fact was tinklers, the sackings, the game, it had a real bad feeling and like jeterpool said in the other thread I didn't get super enjoyment out of our equaliser

Might have just been last night but it wasn't a good sign
    It is always OUR TEAM don't ever forget that.

Thinking it is his is letting him win.

He is just the bloke who "occasionally" pays the bills.

The team belongs to the fans.

ALWAYS HAS
    ALWAYS WILL

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It is always OUR TEAM don't ever forget that.

Thinking it is his is letting him win.

He is just the bloke who "occasionally" pays the bills.

The team belongs to the fans.

ALWAYS HAS
    ALWAYS WILL
    You sound like a ****ing Knights supporter FFS

lol anger misplaced. there is no 3-4000. these are the numbers we have been getting for most of the year. the reporting is being forced to be more honest now the azn cup was here, so people could re-calibrate their crowd counting skills.

why don't the numbers match the total memberships? maybe the same reason snowball II voted for sideshow bob
    we will loose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    lol anger misplaced. there is no 3-4000. these are the numbers we have been getting for most of the year. the reporting is being forced to be more honest now the azn cup was here, so people could re-calibrate their crowd counting skills.

why don't the numbers match the total memberships? maybe the same reason snowball II voted for sideshow bob
    Last hight the crowd was noticeably less than the rest of the ALeague season

They may be fudging numbers according to the Asian Cup crowds but last nights effort was easily 30-40% down on normal

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Last hight the crowd was noticeably less than the rest of the ALeague season

They may be fudging numbers according to the Asian Cup crowds but last nights effort was easily 30-40% down on normal
    sth, east and nort were within 1 sigma of their mean. easily.

west no comment. but by the number and of seats, had needed to be basically at capacity for most of the reported "numbers" you've all choked down all year.

face it, you've been lied to to make the clubs situation seem better than it is.
    we will loose