Sightly less on shitstar & Tiger
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Am guessing that's from Newy.
    SYD PER usually $299 each way with Virgin or Qantas
    Sightly less on shitstar & Tiger
    No Jetstar when on sale have Sydney to Perth both ways $139

Chances of getting it at that price are slim though being there may be a little more demand for that date and the airlines are switching on more to sporting dates and jacking prices up but I will have a look anyway.

Bought a ticket last night - Behind Goals in the New End Top tier a few rows from the front.

Might Even Look to head straight to airport at FT and take the Red Eye and save on a hotel room

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    as someone who's done the red-eye a few times I'd recommend that plan

there's also the option to fly back to Melbourne on the red-eye and then from there to Newcastle on a 6:30am flight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    as someone who's done the red-eye a few times I'd recommend that plan

there's also the option to fly back to Melbourne on the red-eye and then from there to Newcastle on a 6:30am flight
    Ideally I would like to go Newy to Melbourne to Perth and back the same way. Will look at that as my first option and way up extra costs.

Not a huge fan of flying into Sydney and then have a 3 hour train ride home. Will put up with it for International Flights but a pain in the arse for domestic stuff

check out the costs of going through Brisbane as well - it's not that much longer and can be much cheaper

Many seriously considering travelling to Russia 2018?
    I figure 2022 is a no go for me, so it's either Russia 2018 or presumably USA 2026, which wouldn't be bad, but is 11 years away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Many seriously considering travelling to Russia 2018?
    I figure 2022 is a no go for me, so it's either Russia 2018 or presumably USA 2026, which wouldn't be bad, but is 11 years away.
    Not batting an eyelid.

Can not wait

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not batting an eyelid.

Can not wait
    Hahaha.. I didn't have the balls to go to Brazil, not even considering heading over to hang with the dodgy Russians..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hahaha.. I didn't have the balls to go to Brazil, not even considering heading over to hang with the dodgy Russians..
    See the funny thing with it is I have never really felt safer in my life.

Everywhere you went were military police etc with big Rambo guns. No shitting but every 2nd block in Rio in Copacabana Ipanema and Leblon had 4 members of the law. At the grounds it was 1000 fold obvious the security

Obviously a high profile event with a risk of terrorism but its ridiculously safe.

Not to mention my perceptions of Brazil before I left and the reality of Brazil are chalk and cheese.

I am backing Russia is nowhere like it is perceived.

As for the politics of Russia and Putin quite frankly none of our business how they run their country and the Australian media shows him off poorly as he is not aligned with the USA and we are

also because Putin is a massive cúnt

and screw the none of our business cop out - if they want to beat up on gays and kill political rivals, I've got a right to call then cúnts and not go there or do business with them

I for one def want to go to russia, hopefully have 2 sides again (Aussie and Switzerland)
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    also because Putin is a massive cúnt

and screw the none of our business cop out - if they want to beat up on gays and kill political rivals, I've got a right to call then cúnts and not go there or do business with them
    Wholeheartedly agree.
    but isn't that a symbol of the USSR in your DP?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

yep, back when Russia was strong and not just run by corrupt oil billionares

Banned
    No Jetstar when on sale have Sydney to Perth both ways $139

Chances of getting it at that price are slim though being there may be a little more demand for that date and the airlines are switching on more to sporting dates and jacking prices up but I will have a look anyway.

Bought a ticket last night - Behind Goals in the New End Top tier a few rows from the front.

Might Even Look to head straight to airport at FT and take the Red Eye and save on a hotel room
    There you go just booked

$422 return Newy to Perth via Melbourne

Fly Out Wednesday 2nd come home Friday 4th

Game is on the Thursday and am on the red eye post game.

Could have done Sydney to Perth for $344 but **** the train trip there and back

squad for Kyrgyzstan match on June 16 in Bishtek

Aziz Behich, Oliver Bozanic, Nathan Burns, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Tarek Elrich, Ivan Franjic, Eugene Galekovic, Chris Ikonomidis, Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric, Mitchell Langerak (gk), Mathew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Matt McKay, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Mat Ryan (gk), Trent Sainsbury, Matthew Spiranovic, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson, Bailey Wright

Takka's doin' alright for a state league player hey?

Ikon
    OK

Banned
    ANGE Postecoglou has made two changes to the Socceroos squad to face Kyrgyzstan in the opening 2018 World Cup Qualifier with Massimo Luongo and Trent Sainsbury ruled out with minor injuries.

Sainsbury (hamstring) and Luongo (ankle) have been replaced by uncapped duo Daniel de Silva and Croatia-based defender Tomislav Mrcela called into the squad.

Mrcela has been selected following consistent good form for NK Lokomotiva Zagreb in the Croatian first division. The Perth-born central defender left Australia as an 11-year-old but has been on Postecoglou’s radar for the last two years.

De Silva has been drafted into the Socceroos squad after catching Postecoglou’s eye in recent Young Socceroos’ matches on the back of some strong performances for Perth Glory in the Hyundai A-League.

“It is a shame to lose Massimo and Trent but it gives an opportunity for two young players who we have been watching for a while in Tomislav and Daniel,” Postecoglou said.

“Daniel is a prodigious talent who has been progressing well and after watching him play for the Young Socceroos against the likes of Brazil and Mexico he has earned a chance with the Socceroos. Tomislav has put together two strong seasons in Croatia and he is a big strong central defender we think can add something to the squad.”

Both players will join their Socceroo team mates in Dubai for a training camp starting on 8 June ahead of the clash with Kyrgyzstan at the Dolen Omurzakov Stadium in Bishkek on 16 June.

Umm great to lose a Gypo unfortunate to lose Massimo and good to see DeSilva get a run but who the **** is this other bloke Mrcela??

Umm great to lose a Gypo unfortunate to lose Massimo and good to see DeSilva get a run but who the **** is this other bloke Mrcela??
    He's been a shout for a few years, lots of people who focus on OS football have been screaming for his call up to the squad, particularly the guys over at OS Aussies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He's been a shout for a few years, lots of people who focus on OS football have been screaming for his call up to the squad, particularly the guys over at OS Aussies.
    So your saying a pile of people who have never actually seen him play have been calli g for his selection based on the fact he has been playing in some no name league that has little exposure in this country??

Bit like all those other stars like Richard Porte Max Vieri etc who everyone thought must be decent players just cause they are playing overseas

Not knocking the kid but gee I hope he ain't getting a run just cause he is playing in Europe so he must be good and lets see what he can do shit

So your saying a pile of people who have never actually seen him play have been calli g for his selection based on the fact he has been playing in some no name league that has little exposure in this country??

Bit like all those other stars like Richard Porte Max Vieri etc who everyone thought must be decent players just cause they are playing overseas

Not knocking the kid but gee I hope he ain't getting a run just cause he is playing in Europe so he must be good and lets see what he can do shit
    Pretty much everything good to ever happen in Australian football is because of our Croatian/Australian links.

I daresay Australia has a better scouting network set up in Croatia than any other overseas league in the entire world.

I'd rather see a young, recommended guy playing in Croatia get Australian caps before another Simunic (who, lets be fair, was outrageously good and one of Australias biggest ever losses) scenario happens, than to see us persist with the likes of your mate Alex Wilkinson and others who are doing not noteworthy anything drastically better in K-Leagues and other places.

Give him a run, remind him which nationality he should play for in the potential scenario he goes on to be a world beater, and if he fails then don't use him again.
    OK