Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 14/15 HAL Round 16 | Newcastle Jets V Brisbane Roar | Hunter Stadium 06/02/15 KO 1940

Heaps of people stayed back to commiserate with Stubbins on a difficult loss. They all lined the tunnel to wish him all the best but he took a while doing interviews. I yelled to him to hurry up because we all wanted to go home and some nice young bloke having a conversation with a security guard advised me against swearing, so I added a please.

Stubbs must have missed the crowd and decided to walk down the centre tunnel instead. We made sure we told him our feelings however.

Deadset found it hard to support the team tonight. It's not the boys fault. Did anyone else feel really flat? I usually celebrate goals like nothing else but barely managed a clap. This isn't how it's supposed to be. I didn't enjoy the game all. I'm really struggling to associate with this team now because we have no identity. There's no character, no drive, determination, imagination, flair, desperation. I can't ever remember feeling as low as a fan as I do now.

If this is what the football we are being offered "moving forward" then I'm going to catch up on plenty of sleep because that was boring. We'd struggle to create a chance if we were the only bloke in a bar full of chicks.

Also even more yellow card tonight. The discipline in our team is shocking. Was anyone talking to each other out there.

What was with the bloke warming the players up? He looked like he was on work experience or something.

The crowd was a clear sign that things aren't right. But good on the squadron tonight. You put in a great shift.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 07-02-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

How many was crowd farkern?

6900ish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Heaps of people stayed back to commiserate with Stubbins on a difficult loss. They all lined the tunnel to wish him all the best but he took a while doing interviews. I yelled to him to hurry up because we all wanted to go home and some nice young bloke having a conversation with a security guard advised me against swearing, so I added a please.

Stubbs must have missed the crowd and decided to walk down the centre tunnel instead. We made sure we told him our feelings however.

Deadset found it hard to support the team tonight. Did anyone else feel really flat? I usually celebrate goals like nothing else but barely managed a clap. This isn't how it's supposed to be. I didn't enjoy the game all. I'm really struggling to associate with this team now because we have no identity. There's no character, no drive, determination, imagination, flair, desperation. I can't ever remember feeling as low as a fan as I do now.

If this is what the football we are being offered "moving forward" then I'm going to catch up on plenty of sleep because that was boring. We'd struggle to create a chance if we were the only bloke in a bar full of chicks.

Also even more yellow card tonight. The discipline in our team is shocking. Was anyone talking to each other out there.

What was with the bloke warming the players up? He looked like he was on work experience or something.

The crowd was a clear sign that things aren't right. But good on the squadron tonight. You put in a great shift.
    very well said JP

I got more excited when Roar scored than when we did tbh. When we scored all I could think was "typical jerks".

i legit feel like Nick Hornby in Fever Pitch.
    OK

Banned
    Can someone explain the thinking behind taken your most experienced defender off when it is 1-1 in injury time and your defending a set piece??
    I am confused

Seems rather well thought out that by Stubbins

Not to mention a clear breach of football wisdom about disrupting the team when defending a set piece etc

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not to mention a clear breach of football wisdom about disrupting the team when defending a set piece etc
    This, every coach right down to Juniors, even without a football brain knows you don't make a defensive substitution when you're defending a corner or set piece.

FFS, with 1 min left what was he hoping to achieve anyway?

Welsh used the photos he has of stillborn to get a minimum minutes clause in his contract.

What's the big deal, we are moving forward now scoring goals in injury time, such an improvement with all those new players we signed...oh wait
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Just watched the game. Master class by Stubbs to bring on his boy Allan Welsh right at the end to slot home the winner. BRILLIANT!!! And we all doubted him and Tinks.

If only Welsh wasn't 45 minutes behind everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Who the **** makes a defensive substitution with under a minute to go when you are defending a free kick on the edge of the box.

Way to destabilise the defence and ensure hilarity occurs.

Stubbins is clueless, unless he was trying to throw away the point, then he is a tactical genius.
    Right on sammydog.
    I SMS'd our (now) ex Cookers Gaffer having a bitch and moan with a kindred spirit.
    Here's what a local 3rd Division coach SMS'd back:-
    "You never sub on defensive set plays, corners etc
    Not enough time to talk with other players re marking up"

Substitutions 101. There ya go Phil. Try starting at Zone League 3 and work your way up....

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Right on sammydog.
    I SMS'd our (now) ex Cookers Gaffer having a bitch and moan with a kindred spirit.
    Here's what a local 3rd Division coach SMS'd back:-
    "You never sub on defensive set plays, corners etc
    Not enough time to talk with other players re marking up"

Substitutions 101. There ya go Phil. Try starting at Zone League 3 and work your way up....
    That's providing he gets there before the kicks taken,

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    How many was crowd farkern?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    6900ish
    6994...and every one of us deserves a medal for turning up.
    Fair dinkum, if I was a new owner, I'd personally send out some sort of 'thank you'
    for every member who's card was scanned tonight.
    I said it to a few people tonight: If just about any other club had been through bs and the steady
    (and sometimes not so steady) decline that we've had to endure since 2006 + the latest circus act,
    they wouldn't be pulling near 7k.
    I thought we nearly got away with it tonight. Walsh/oggie:- Last nail in the guys coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I thought we nearly got away with it tonight. Walsh/oggie:- Last nail in the guys coffin as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't rate welsh, but I am not going to blame him for being thrown into the game cold, with 30 seconds to go defending a set piece from a dangerous position.

The substitution had disaster written all over it.

Had a good night drinking ciders with the Membah

Seriously thought jeterpool I tried to rev myself around the jets goal and I still couldn't get excited

I agree the 6900 that rocked up deserved a medal

I feel no connection to this team before besides a few
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

As I've woken up this morning I still feel no better
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Gee whiz it is gonna be a hard slog not joining the list of plastic fans if we have to keep sitting through that dross.

That would have to be one of the most uninspiring games I have been to in a long time.

Reminded me a lot of the days in the NSL watching the Breakers.

Pile of locals not good enough and a few ring ins not good enough who bust their backside for the most part but at the end of the day the class of the big city team kicked in and they got the points. At least in those days you could except Sth Melburn Melburn Croatia Marconi Olympic etc had more money and superior players as a result. Whats our excuse now.

In a Salary Capped League how can you be so far off the pace??

As for our coach the bloke is a COWARD.

You have got your way and pissed people off. Face them and deal with the fallout and not dodge them.

Gutless effort to not walk past the fans last night. Your players did and had to man up to face the music. Glad to see the"Man" leading from the front avoids the heat like a COWARD

BORN LOSER

Fu@k me! What a poor game.

We should be thankful that Brisbane were as weak as Superman with a lump of krypyonite shoved up his butt.

We were slow to the ball and slow to transition.

Hoole man of the match? He had moments but he drifted out of the match for long periods. Thought Kanta was far more involved tonight than he has been and needs to keep this going. Gallagher was useless. Neville was good but his passing was off, Regan and Mullen were solid but Brisbane were weak, Roundabout showed commitment but still doesn't transition fast enough, Pepper was ok, Montano should have better with his chances. Cooper needed to be closer to Montano and was isolated too often.

Stubbins tactical ability and his ability to adjust in the match is beyond pathetic. We go down a goal. Our reaction? Take off Cooper and replace him like for like. How about adjusting your formation to pursue the win! Here's a suggestion: replace Gallagher (who was constantly beaten last night) with Pavicevic and have a go. Hell, he was damned if we lost and he had to win last night to tell his detractors "fu#k you". No, he parked the bus.

Also, who in their right mind takes off a defender with 1 minute to go when defending a set piece???? What insanity is this?? Amateur hour. Is Welsh on match payments only and short of cash this week?

I stayed and spoke to Regan after the match. Told him the booing is not at the players but at management. He was shattered by the result.

Love Stubbins slinking off down the central tunnel. Shows (along with his tactics) that deep down he is timid and weak

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Fu@k me! What a poor game.

We should be thankful that Brisbane were as weak as Superman with a lump of krypyonite shoved up his butt.

We were slow to the ball and slow to transition.

Hoole man of the match? He had moments but he drifted out of the match for long periods. Thought Kanta was far more involved tonight than he has been and needs to keep this going. Gallagher was useless. Neville was good but his passing was off, Regan and Mullen were solid but Brisbane were weak, Roundabout showed commitment but still doesn't transition fast enough, Pepper was ok, Montano should have better with his chances. Cooper needed to be closer to Montano and was isolated too often.

Stubbins tactical ability and his ability to adjust in the match is beyond pathetic. We go down a goal. Our reaction? Take off Cooper and replace him like for like. How about adjusting your formation to pursue the win! Here's a suggestion: replace Gallagher (who was constantly beaten last night) with Pavicevic and have a go. Hell, he was damned if we lost and he had to win last night to tell his detractors "fu#k you". No, he parked the bus.

Also, who in their right mind takes off a defender with 1 minute to go when defending a set piece???? What insanity is this?? Amateur hour. Is Welsh on match payments only and short of cash this week?

I stayed and spoke to Regan after the match. Told him the booing is not at the players but at management. He was shattered by the result.

Love Stubbins slinking off down the central tunnel. Shows (along with his tactics) that deep down he is timid and weak

Good post

I t isn't just Montano/Cooper who are isolated and too far apart all our players are constantly isolated in attack and too far apart.

This is magnified by when we do lose the ball we are too far from one another to press urgently to halt our opponents attack and regain ball.

What was even more bizarre was at 1-1 with 15-20 mins to go he had 2 subs available. Does he actually push for a win and change tactics formations??
    No he waits to injury time to throw 2 subs on for what exact purpose other than waste time hold for the draw??

Also the decision to take Hoole off is bizarre considering he actually looks our main threat in attack of creating something

i agree with all the posts about the late sub etc, but there were some real changes last night. The 4-5-1 was much more organised and players seemed a bit clearer on their roles in the system. In the past there has been complete laziness without the ball and lack of commitment that has completely destroyed the shape of the team . personally, I think the removal of madaschi, who has been terrible, and Jaliens was a huge improvement. For a quality player, Jaliens has been completely ill disciplined this season and some of his brain snaps, especially in terms of his positional play, have been baffling. madaschi is completely over rated and will be no loss on any level.
    anyway, the players remained disciplined, played closer together and kept a structure.
    I feel for Montano who continues to be used poorly. As a lone gunman up front he was forced to do lots of energy sapping tracking of the Brisbane back 4. Big Phil, and more likely Mark Jones who seemed to have had a fair bit of input, will need to improve the work of his wide men on shutting down the opponemt's wide full backs to relieve Montano's workload. Also, Montano's aerial dominance is one of our strengths- the service/ crossing to him was abysmal.
    The real judge of a team's organisation though is what happens on attacking and defensive set plays...
    I expect Mark Jones to be named as coach, with Stabbings given another role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Cooper needed to be closer to Montano and was isolated too often.
    Young positive attacking midfielder, let's play him out wide on the right. #stubbinslogic
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.