Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Murphy out

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    See my summary of the interview in the news thread....the indication from Murphy was that Middelby and Baartz brought in the players and that it had been happening for some time. I hope it goes up on Soundcloud.
    And who is left to counter this? Its easy to use people who left as scapegoats. Murphy would have to be taking Stubbins words on that one given the others are no longer around.

The reality is, they are going to say that because it serves their agenda to keep Stubbins around.

I don't believe the spin.

Banned
    I like the bit about the former admin making knee jerk reactions

Sacking 3 coaches and 5 senior players is what I call knee jerk just coz the coach flew to Brisbane and wanted them gone to save his arse

The decision to sack Stubbins will defo not be knee jerk the bloke has survived the axe more than enough.

I still am in the camp we are stuck with this bloke until the end of season so suck it up. I do not believe he will be coaching us next season regardless of what the club is publicly stating

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    And who is left to counter this? Its easy to use people who left as scapegoats. Murphy would have to be taking Stubbins words on that one given the others are no longer around.

The reality is, they are going to say that because it serves their agenda to keep Stubbins around.

I don't believe the spin.
    This. It's a convenient line to put out there because it can't be refuted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thing is.
    He was the Head Manager at the time, it was his squad and the buck should stop with him as to who is signed.
    He should have had the balls to say to RM and Bartz this is my squad I'm in charge of Football operations. All he is doing is deflecting blame on the previous CEO, something he is good at is deflecting blame.

Flores, Neuman and Madaschi were definitely his signings, Celeski I'm unsure of.
    He had plenty of opportunities to reject the Montano deal and he was in the press regularly at the time saying his coming blah blah.
    Steele, Gallagher and Caravella I'm unsure of
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Thing is.
    He was the Head Manager at the time, it was his squad and the buck should stop with him as to who is signed.
    He should have had the balls to say to RM and Bartz this is my squad I'm in charge of Football operations. All he is doing is deflecting blame on the previous CEO, something he is good at is deflecting blame.

Flores, Neuman and Madaschi were definitely his signings, Celeski I'm unsure of.
    He had plenty of opportunities to reject the Montano deal and he was in the press regularly at the time saying his coming blah blah.
    Steele, Gallagher and Caravella I'm unsure of
    Forget his signings. Name one player who is playing at close to let alone anywhere what fans would consider their potential???

That is the biggest issue in that blokes under his control individually are not performing

simple as this

his reputation is ****ed regardless

he would of been fine if they were middleby and palmers signings and he walked on the basis that they weren't his signings.

he obviously wasn't to upset at getting the blokes he was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Forget his signings. Name one player who is playing at close to let alone anywhere what fans would consider their potential???

That is the biggest issue in that blokes under his control individually are not performing
    Also, when you consider that before the start of the season he boldly declared that..."Newcastle will have a team that is capable of beating ANY tam in the A League for this coming season". You can't one minute be happy with your squad of players at hand and then when things turn to shit turnaround and start making excuses that "I inherited this squad".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Also, when you consider that before the start of the season he boldly declared that..."Newcastle will have a team that is capable of beating ANY tam in the A League for this coming season". You can't one minute be happy with your squad of players at hand and then when things turn to shit turnaround and start making excuses that "I inherited this squad".
    Yeah you can.

If you have no idea what you are doing are arrogant and poor at what you do bring to the table are full of shit and are prepared to throw ****s under the bus to save your own arse with no consequences or repercussions from upper management then you can do whatever you like.

Murphy, what an **shole

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Murphy, what an **shole
    Yep, Any shred of cred he had before that radio interview he has since lost.

He well and truly done his ass with some of his reponses.

Been thinking about this for a little while but what if Murphy has actually been placed into the CEO position by FFA just to give that bit of stability after Middleby resigning. What if behind-the-scenes FFA are actually heavily involved but just letting things pan out till the end of the season and then they will act to take Tinkler's licence off him. Would make sense to already have your man in there getting a "feel" for the place for a few months and reporting back on where things are at. Lets face it if there is a plan in place on FFA's part (behind-the-scenes) Murphy is just playing it cool in the media about Stubbins' position to just let things take their natural course once the season ends. Because in reality what sort of a CEO would endorse a coach who has a record like this Muppet has to continue on for another season??? Might seem a bit of wishful thinking but for the club as a whole this would be the best-case scenario......worst-case would be that the FFA has no plan or intention of getting involved and that Murphy truly is 100% behind Stubbins...with the full backing of Tinkler. Now that is a truly frightening thought which gives supporters virtually no hope for the future.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    #str8shoota

so murphy must have been the one who organised the behind closed doors trial against the mariners. Good enough reason to get rid of him I guess lol or maybe it was this thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    so murphy must have been the one who organised the behind closed doors trial against the mariners. Good enough reason to get rid of him I guess lol or maybe it was this thread
    Only took 4 this time

40 odd to see the End of Middleby

Power of the Foz

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Only took 4 this time

40 odd to see the End of Middleby

Power of the Foz
    Pascoe next!