Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Murphy out

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    ^winner

As I was leaving the game last night, I am 99% sure that I walked past Murphy sitting alone in Bay 58. He actually looked very serious and an almost despondent looking figure sitting all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    As I was leaving the game last night, I am 99% sure that I walked past Murphy sitting alone in Bay 58. He actually looked very serious and an almost despondent looking figure sitting all alone.
    He was up in the box between 58 and 59 during the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He was up in the box between 58 and 59 during the game
    Was he still there when people were given Stubbins a spray.

I ****ing hope so??

If that Murphy bloke was the #St8shooter some of you claim he is, his first job would have been to sack Mr 1 in 20..... The bloke is Tinks' Muppet....... He talks rubbish, just repeat what Singapore boy tells him to say.... #MovingBackward
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    If that Murphy bloke was the #St8shooter some of you claim he is, his first job would have been to sack Mr 1 in 20..... The bloke is Tinks' Muppet....... He talks rubbish, just repeat what Singapore boy tells him to say.... #MovingBackward
    I reckon if 1 and 20 is 1 and 27 i don't think he will be around

His show cause period is now
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Anyone else hear this spin doctor on the ABC radio this morning. Talks like a politician and about as believable

"Phil needs the chance to select his own team"
    "We are understrength"
    "Like a lot of Newcastle businesses we have some problems with cash flow".

Tinkler's mouth piece. Another Muppet

The only positive was a hint that if we don't start strongly next season then Phil could be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Anyone else hear this spin doctor on the ABC radio this morning. Talks like a politician and about as believable

"We are understrength"

The only positive was a hint that if we don't start strongly next season then Phil could be in trouble
    So frustrating...
    Then even if we do get rid of the Stubborn prick, we will get another season of bollocks, followed by more excuses like "I didn't choose this team" and yet ANOTHER year of rebuilding..

"We are understrength"

Shambles.

Madaschi
    Celeski
    Steele
    Neuman
    Flores
    Welsh
    Gallagher
    Montano
    Caravella

Mullen
    Ki-je
    Enver
    Vanstraten
    Cooper

He got the squad he wanted this season, what makes them think that he won't make the same mistakes next season
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Madaschi
    Celeski
    Steele
    Neuman
    Flores
    Welsh
    Gallagher
    Montano
    Caravella

Mullen
    Ki-je
    Enver
    Vanstraten
    Cooper

He got the squad he wanted this season, what makes them think that he won't make the same mistakes next season
    The only ones we can say for certain are the last 5 and probably Welsh? Who knows if the previous hierarchy "forced" them onto Phil.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The only ones we can say for certain are the last 5 and probably Welsh? Who knows if the previous hierarchy "forced" them onto Phil.
    Previous hierarchy didn't have the balls to force Phil into anything ......Was his squad (And he re-signed Carney).
    Dare to Zlatan

how could it even get to the point of him starting next season

regardless of whos squad it is/was at the start of the season is was better than 1 win.

atht alone suggests he doesnt deserve the chance to rebuild.

well be shit after 5 weeks next year, sack him and the next bloke gets to use the "it wasnt my squad" excuse for another season.

sack him now.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    regardless of whos squad it is/was at the start of the season is was better than 1 win.

well be shit after 5 weeks next year, sack him and the next bloke gets to use the "it wasnt my squad" excuse for another season.

sack him now.
    Exactly..

Previous hierarchy didn't have the balls to force Phil into anything ......Was his squad (And he re-signed Carney).
    See my summary of the interview in the news thread....the indication from Murphy was that Middelby and Baartz brought in the players and that it had been happening for some time. I hope it goes up on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    See my summary of the interview in the news thread....the indication from Murphy was that Middelby and Baartz brought in the players and that it had been happening for some time. I hope it goes up on Soundcloud.
    Thanks JM. Premy, this was what I based my post on, as the same thing was said to us b Murphy at the committee meeting. It's a case of he said/she said and while they may have been signed while stubbins was coach, it doesn't mean he had control in signing them...not does it mean he didn't.

I think we can now say, though, Stubbins certainly signed Mullen, Le-Ki, Cooper, JV Stratten and Alivodic. Two of these have been any sort of success, two haven't been used and one the jury is out on in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

sack him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Exactly..
    Agree. But maybe, just maybe, we get a coach who doesn't use this excuse and can motivate players to perform next year.

However, if he's still here next year I can hear the excuses for a early FFA cup exit "The team needs time to bed in after such a massive overhaul of the squad last year and develop the mentality I want from the side and play the football that I want". Followed by a slow start to the season with "I'm happy with the performances and we're getting close to a win. Once the team get to know each other and work how I want them to, we'll see better performances".

Followed by the inevitable sacking midseason of players.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 18-03-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks JM. Premy, this was what I based my post on, as the same thing was said to us b Murphy at the committee meeting. It's a case of he said/she said and while they may have been signed while stubbins was coach, it doesn't mean he had control in signing them...not does it mean he didn't.
    Of course Murphy is going to tell you that. Would be interested to know what Middleby and Baartz have to say.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Of course Murphy is going to tell you that. Would be interested to know what Middleby and Baartz have to say.....
    As would I mate, as would I. I'm not buying it all either, however without concrete facts we can only use what we're told. The rest is unfounded speculation.