Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Transfers

Maybe he wants to enjoy a little anonymity and avoid the ****s in the Australian media.
    He has dogged the a-league. He's dodged becoming a victim of tall poppy syndrome.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 24-07-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Lets not forget Everton scored a $1m transfer fee, no aleague team would have paid that, not even for Cahill.

Surprised they let him go so cheap to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i am disappointed. i understand his reasons, but being in the MLS he is a small fish in a big pond. here in australia he would have been the biggest fish in the pond, with all marketing opportunities he could wish for. thus setting himself up financially better than playing a few seasons in the MLS.

would have liked to have seen him play here. am disappointed he isn't.
    You seriously think setting finances come into consideration? He's spent 8 years playing in the Premier League, if he hasn't set himself up for life already he's a complete ****ing retard, even taking into account that his agent has probably swindled him out of half his professional earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Surprised they let him go so cheap to be honest.
    i don't think it was so much the fee, more his high wage bill. i think you will find they are trying to free up funds to sign piennar, and keep fellani and baines who are both hot property for a couple of big clubs.

also they had just signed naismith and the form of jelavic last season ment chances were going to get tough for cahill in the future.

Who says he still won't end up here some day.... I'd probably do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post
    i don't think it was so much the fee, more his high wage bill. i think you will find they are trying to free up funds to sign piennar, and keep fellani and baines who are both hot property for a couple of big clubs.

also they had just signed naismith and the form of jelavic last season ment chances were going to get tough for cahill in the future.
    Yeah I know what you're saying about saving everton coin on wages, I just thought he might have been sold 3 times what he transferred for. 1mil was low IMO.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 25-07-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Yeah I know what you're saying about saving everton coin on wages, I just thought he might have been sold 3 times what he transferred for. 1mil was low IMO.
    heard some good rumours about Brendan Rodgers' tactics and some of the crap that goes on at Everton. Reckon Kaka is heading bact to AC and Chelsea are about to splash the cash on some Braziian
    Last edited by furns; 30-07-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: removed spam link

Rumours going round that Norwich are interested in Brad Jones

audacious first post. slightly off topic, but i'll allow it.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    now I'm seeing double

four au revoirs

was wondering if he'd show up again.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it's really not hard to work out which is the real one

just leaves the question of which one to delete?

when is someone going to make a multi of me?

Massimo Luongo has gone to Ipswich on loan from Spurs.

*future socceroo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Massimo Luongo has gone to Ipswich on loan from Spurs.

*future socceroo
    Came through the youth ranks at Apia.
    Judging by his height he is probably good in the air.
    Only 19 atm also

Carney Set For Bunyodkor Exit

EXCLUSIVE: Socceroo David Carney has ruled out a return to the A-League but is almost certainly headed for the exit at Bunyodkor after starting talks to end his contract.

Carney, 28, is speaking with club officials today and could know within 24 hours whether he will be granted permission to leave on a free.

But the former Sydney FC player insists he won’t be returning to Australia any time soon, preferring to continue to pursue his career overseas.

Carney’s agent, Ante Ailovic, said the relationship between his client and the Uzbekistan club had irreparably broken down since inking a deal in February.

“The relationship there isn’t what it was when he first started with them,” Ailovic said.

“I’d rather he not stay there – I’d rather he move on. I think there must be some financial concerns (at the club), that’s what I’ve been hearing from my people over there.

“But it’s our decision. Bunyodkor will not be determining whether to terminate the contract it will be in our own hands - it’s not up to them it’s up to us."

Carney, whose contract winds up at the end of November, has seen little game time this season. He was also excluded from the squad to face Adelaide United in the first leg of the AFC Champions League quarter-final at Hindmarsh on Wednesday.

Ailovic said the club had focused on using him in the AFC but had a change of heart when Carney indicated he wanted leave.

“We spoke about moving on and they were trying to be strong….We’ll see what happens,” he said. “I’m pretty confident, the way and shape the club’s in, that they’ll let him go free.

“The football’s good (over there), it’s professional enough but I’d rather he move where it’s more civilised, if you know what I mean, in terms of culture.”

Ailovic admitted his client’s immediate club future was in limbo until an agreement could be reached with the Uzbekistan outfit.

“To be honest I haven’t moved forward at the moment because he’s still contracted with the club,” he said.

“Until I get strong information that we will be moving forward on the basis that he can leave on a free. But at the moment there’s no use offering him anywhere else.

“The way things are now if I do find a club I feel that (Bundyodkor) is just going to put a heavy transfer fee on his head.”

One thing is certain, the A-League doesn’t rate in his immediate plans.

“The A-League? I don’t think so in the next couple of years yet,” Ailovic said.

“Overseas is what we’re focused on. The next couple of years guaranteed – after that it’s a choice he’ll have to make.”

Carney has endured a nomadic footballing career since leaving the Sky Blues. Earlier in the year he left Spanish Segunda Division club Alcorcon where he struggled for first-team opportunities.

His long list of previous clubs includes Blackpool, FC Twente, Sheffield United and Everton. His contract with Bunyodkor made him the first Australian to play in Uzbekistan.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/25103...dkor-exit.aspx
    ffs, this guy, lol

(It's his agent, but still)

lot of players i'd like to see come to the HAL...Carney's not one of em
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Carney trialling at Persepolis