Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Transfers

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I stumbled upon it and not sure if feel sad or find it funny. I think fulham was one of the worst teams in the world he could've moved to.http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/16/mccorm...ulham-4800236/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Troisi has moved to SV Zulte Waregem in the Belgian league.

Banned
    This Luongo bloke (ie ****ING LEGEND) where would you like to see him end up when he gets out of Swindon and plays for a real football club befitting his talents???

Heard there was some interest from La Liga sides

Heard a Sevilla link, I'd love to see that move go through.
    Spain would be my top choice and to avoid England unless it's an EPL side (however most links have been with championship sides).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Heard a Sevilla link, I'd love to see that move go through.
    Spain would be my top choice and to avoid England unless it's an EPL side (however most links have been with championship sides).
    I agree. No point going to EPL unless he is actually playing regularly. Would think the environment in Spain Italy would be much more suitable for his development

If we were talking a hypothetical situation where he's starting regularly for a mid table team in a top flight etc id probably go;
    Spain
    Germany
    Italy
    England
    In that order.

Swindon are doing quite well in League 1 ATM and look like getting promotion, if that was to be the case I think he will benefit best by re-signing with them.

Why? It's an environment that he is comfortable with already, he is currently progressing well under Mark Cooper, will be likely to get regular game time and the standard of the championship isn't fantastic but it sufficient for a 22 year old still learning his game.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I have watched both Luongo and Kasim (Iraq) flourish at this Asian Cup which makes me think Swindon are doing something incredibly right in coaching these guys. Keep them at Swindon and i imagine they'll only get better!
    OK

Not that he is a Socceroo but gypo Amini is on his way out of Dortmund.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...options-beckon

Banned
    Massimo Luongo to transfer to QPR

He does know that they got relegated doesn't he???

I guess maybe he is taking the gamble of a team where he'll still get game time and a team likely to be promoted in the future.

Luongo is now official.

I don't think this will be a good move for him. Villa have played young players in the past with a number of them reaching the first team. The advantage, however, of QPR over Villa is Rangers should be a stronger team in the Championship whilst Villa may be fighting relegation again. It's easier to develop in a winning team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Luongo is now official.

I don't think this will be a good move for him. Villa have played young players in the past with a number of them reaching the first team. The advantage, however, of QPR over Villa is Rangers should be a stronger team in the Championship whilst Villa may be fighting relegation again. It's easier to develop in a winning team.
    Disagree Villa are a basket case of a club

Going there was the worst thing he could have done

Moving to the Championship was the second worst thing he could have done.

Lets remember if his Swindon team didn't get pumped by the Nob End on Sunday he would have been in the Championship next season anyway.

He is at a stage of his development where not only does he need to play but he also needs to be adequately taught.

I don't see how he will achieve much going to a side where they will have a win at all costs attitude next season as they will want to get back in the EPL straight away.

He had also reached a level where he need to move upwards and to me he hasn't really done so. He is just moved marginally sideways with an upward slant.

Should have left England all together and went to the continent

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah not a fan of this move at all

rip luongo
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

With Amini and Rogic finding some good form in pre season, could one hope of a midfield three of Luongo, Amini and Rogic somewhere down the line?

With Amini and Rogic finding some good form in pre season, could one hope of a midfield three of Luongo, Amini and Rogic somewhere down the line?
    Not enough defensive capacity in that. Would need Jedinak (or similar) anchoring it, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Not enough defensive capacity in that. Would need Holland (or similar) anchoring it, for sure.
    fixed your error Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    fixed your error Grim.
    Holland should have never been dropped. He's a rich mans McKay but clearly doesn't have photos of Ange or his missus or daughter.

Probably true about Jedinak. Pretty sure Amini has been trained now as a holding midfielder rather than the AM he was back in Australia. Obviously not a ball winner though but somebody who can distribute. If we had both Luongo and Rogic fit and in form thats a good rotational option for the AM role in our lineup.

Probably true about Jedinak. Pretty sure Amini has been trained now as a holding midfielder rather than the AM he was back in Australia. Obviously not a ball winner though but somebody who can distribute. If we had both Luongo and Rogic fit and in form thats a good rotational option for the AM role in our lineup.
    If Amini has been developing as a deeper distributor, that would be great. That's what we missed in the last game... without Luongo, we had a huge failure to link the front and back thirds.