Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BK and Free Kicks

BK and Free Kicks

Deserves its own thread. How bad is this bloke? Just stands on one side of the goal and either a) lets the ball go past him on that side anyway ala v mebourne victory or b) makes some half-hearted leap across goal when it's far too late ala v del piero, wellington pheonix etc. etc. etc.

but he's a Newy boy that tries hard

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Deserves its own thread. How bad is this bloke? Just stands on one side of the goal and either a) lets the ball go past him on that side anyway ala v mebourne victory or b) makes some half-hearted leap across goal when it's far too late ala v del piero, wellington pheonix etc. etc. etc.
    You cannot be serious

Hahahaha this ****ing guy.
    5 star thread.

I think even BK's biggest fans would agree that he is completely useless when it comes to negotiating free kicks. it is an area of his game that is really below par.

I don't think too many keepers would have saved that one. It was a very well hit free-kick which moved a long way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't think too many keepers would have saved that one. It was a very well hit free-kick which moved a long way as well.
    Agreed. But there's a difference between not saving a ball and not getting within a mile of it. It's game over before the kick is even taken because of his positioning.

BK should stop giving away all those free kicks in good range then I reackon.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    BK should stop giving away all those free kicks in good range then I reackon.
    Nah if he was committing fouls at least he'd be doing something.

Agreed. But there's a difference between not saving a ball and not getting within a mile of it. It's game over before the kick is even taken because of his positioning.
    So what you are saying is that BK has managed to make it through the local ranks into the professional ranks without any idea of where to position himself.

And yet other local Keepers with far more talent and positioning skills than BK were never given the opportunities he's been given ?

You sound like a 13 year old girl. Grow the **** up.

Novel concept i know but instead of just throwing some shit up against the wall lets get all pv4 for a second.
    A good way to settle this debate would be to introduce some research and stats on how many (and % rate) free kicks are scored direct on BK vs other keepers in the league.
    To delve deeper then and see how many of those went over the wall/around the wall/through the wall to determine whether BK is setting his walls poorly or whether his defenders are scared.
    I feel this would give a good insight into the debate, and may help either side.

nah just jokes MORE CAPITAL LETTERS AND YELLING AT THE COMPUTER
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So what you are saying is that BK has managed to make it through the local ranks into the professional ranks without any idea of where to position himself.

And yet other local Keepers with far more talent and positioning skills than BK were never given the opportunities he's been given ?

You sound like a 13 year old girl. Grow the **** up.
    You're right. By becoming a starter for the Newcastle Jets, he has truly perfected his art. It would be unthinkable, perhaps incomprehensible, for the Jets to have players that were inept on the field. Last time I checked, we didn't have to play sh*t locals just because they're from here.

You sound like you're making an ad hominem argument.

Is this thread serious?

How about just acknowledging it was an extremely well taken free kick. The wall was placed well, BK positioned accordingly and the shot cleared the wall and dropped into the corner.

If BK had been more central to be closer to covering the near post that the wall was protecting, the far post would have been wide open.

No keeping error, just a great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Is this thread serious?

How about just acknowledging it was an extremely well taken free kick. The wall was placed well, BK positioned accordingly and the shot cleared the wall and dropped into the corner.

If BK had been more central to be closer to covering the near post that the wall was protecting, the far post would have been wide open.

No keeping error, just a great shot.
    Stop being all sensible and rational.
    WE ARE YELLING AT THINGS OVER HERE!!!!!!!

T-Rex strikes again. If only Kennedy knew how to stretch his arms out he might be able to saving something other then shots hit straight at him

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    I think even BK's biggest fans would agree that he is completely useless when it comes to negotiating free kicks. it is an area of his game that is really below par.
    backup flogs.

That wasn't even a free kick but the ref needed some home points. attack the right crook. Plus BK hates Stubbins=no hand
    Last edited by hawk; 22-02-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Banned
    Thread delivers.

How come every time some bloke scores a free kick against BK they are all world clarsh free kicks??

Can someone answer that??

He either gives the taker a side to kick where if they can get it over the wall and on target he can't stop it or when it is on his side he can't stop it.

What exactly dies he offer

You ****ers offer up more excuses than Phil Stubbins

How about next time we concede a free kick we make a sub Tim Krul WC style cause the reserve can't do any worse

How come every time some bloke scores a free kick against BK they are all world clarsh free kicks??
    So that was an ordinary free kick tonight?

BK had the back stick covered and very little else. Yes, the free-kick was good, but had he positioned himself he should've at least got within cooee of it. I was always taught to position yourself in the middle of the goals (looking from where the kick is to be taken) and build a wall from there to cover the near stick. Makes sense to me

BK should be in the wall. Put a fullback on the line. Simple really.