Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BK and Free Kicks

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Then just say 4 goals in bugger all appearances is damning, not that 4 when compared to birraz is damning.
    Realised I miss this.

I think the Biraz comparison was worth noting. It highlights that we seemingly weren't as prone to conceding these kind of freekicks when we played Biraz, who played more game time. Whether that comes down to the defence organisation by Biraz, whether it be that he saved the other 3 that BK didn't, whether it was luck, or I'm sure a few more factors can be considered here. But I think it was worth noting that we seemingly have a higher percentage of these incidents happening with one keeper as opposed to the other, and perhaps that is something to look at fixing for the future.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    What a **** thread, can't be bothered reading back as I full know what the context will be.
    Read back 2 pages, what a load of dribble!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Realised I miss this.

I think the Biraz comparison was worth noting. It highlights that we seemingly weren't as prone to conceding these kind of freekicks when we played Biraz, who played more game time. Whether that comes down to the defence organisation by Biraz, whether it be that he saved the other 3 that BK didn't, whether it was luck, or I'm sure a few more factors can be considered here. But I think it was worth noting that we seemingly have a higher percentage of these incidents happening with one keeper as opposed to the other, and perhaps that is something to look at fixing for the future.

If only things were that simple.
    All that data tells us is what happened, not why.

It's gives no ability to predict future outcomes.

If only things were that simple.
    All that data tells us is what happened, not why.

It's gives no ability to predict future outcomes.
    You and others were wanting BK to come in for Biraz earlier in the year due to form, and stated something along the lines of form being the only thing you had as evidence to judge the player from. What has happened won't be able to predict the future but it's a good indication of where we've gone wrong in the past.

Hopefully the goalkeepers are being worked on their handling of free kick situations, hopefully the squad in general is being worked on not giving away fouls in dangerous positions, and hopefully we don't concede free kicks and goals like that in the future.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You and others were wanting BK to come in for Biraz earlier in the year due to form, and stated something along the lines of form being the only thing you had as evidence to judge the player from. What has happened won't be able to predict the future but it's a good indication of where we've gone wrong in the past.
    Yes, but that assessment of form was not based on simply the outcome of an event, but an overall assessment of performance.

It may well indicate that something went wrong or right, but it doesn't tell you what that thing was.

Again, if the thread was a discussion on bk v birraz, but even the member has stated these debates are now redundant, and this thread wasn't about birraz.

Might start dragging up stats about stu musalik when discussing carvellas roundabouts and pass completion rates.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 25-02-2015 at 05:31 PM.

This has gone round in circles more times than Zenon Caravella
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    stop exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Get your own material
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

If BK moves the wall slightly more to his left or takes the person on the right out of the wall it gives him a better sight and he can move a step further to his left. All this things give him a better chance of saving the goal. It was a good free kick but not a great free kick. Definitely savable. He got no where near the ball and never looked like saving it at any stage. He is an average keeper who is a number 2 keeper and a handy back up keeper. Shouldnt be first choice keeper every week but hey thats how bad we are these days ! No point always blaming the keeper when the opposition scores but when the keeper is facing a free kick he is responsible for placing the wall and his own positioning. Maybe he needs a player on each goalpost on the line to assist him if he cant get his positioning right ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    If BK moves the wall slightly more to his left or takes the person on the right out of the wall it gives him a better sight and he can move a step further to his left. All this things give him a better chance of saving the goal. It was a good free kick but not a great free kick. Definitely savable. He got no where near the ball and never looked like saving it at any stage. He is an average keeper who is a number 2 keeper and a handy back up keeper. Shouldnt be first choice keeper every week but hey thats how bad we are these days ! No point always blaming the keeper when the opposition scores but when the keeper is facing a free kick he is responsible for placing the wall and his own positioning. Maybe he needs a player on each goalpost on the line to assist him if he cant get his positioning right ?
    He may as well **** the wall stand in the centre of the goal and tell the Nix bloke have a go. I reckon he would have a better hope of keeping it out doing it this way.

It is almost like as soon as that wall goes up he has less chance of keeping it out.

just need another brick in the wall

Banned
    Thank **** those 2 Free Kicks we gave away in the second half didn't go in.
    Foz would have went into meltdown

just another clean sheet for bk

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Safe to assume that's if it's his fault when they go in, he must be responsible for these two not.
    Well in bk.

Sharp save from Montgomery on 32'

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Safe to assume that's if it's his fault when they go in, he must be responsible for these two not.
    Well in bk.

the stupidity of the midfield is the problem, not BK's organising of the back 4

pretty much all of the free kicks in dangerous areas i could remember yesterday were given away by caravella, welsh & co

this is probably a direct result of the stubbins kick everyone policy

Regan gave away the foul for the Nix game.
    OK

you're stupid too

Banned
    Well in bk.

I will blame the Gypos for not hitting the target. That last one even though it missed he was awfully stuck in the one spot

They didn't hit the target because the wall was positioned perfectly, forcing the striker to attempt something beyond his skill set.

Like when zadkovich shoots and all defender clear a path to goal for him to miss.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 01-03-2015 at 10:57 PM.