Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14/15 HAL Round 19 | Newcastle Jets v Gypo Scum | 28/02/15 KO 1700 AEDST

14/15 HAL Round 19 | Newcastle Jets v Gypo Scum | 28/02/15 KO 1700 AEDST

2014/15 A-League Round 19 Preview – Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners

FIXTURE FACTS
    Overall – 34 games between the two teams.
    Jets Wins – 9, Mariners Wins – 13, Drawn – 12

In Newcastle – 16 games
    Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 5

Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 29, Mariners – 43

Cards in Fixture
    Jets – 84 (80 Yellow, 4 Red), Mariners – 49 (46 Yellow, 3 Red)

Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
    Jets – DDLLD
    Mariners – LLWLW

Leading Scorers
    Jets – Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Jeronimo Neumann 3, Mariners – Matt Simon, Mitchell Duke 3

Last Result -
    Jets 1 (Montano 48’) – Mariners 1 (Vernes 55’) at Hunter Stadium, Round 7, Season 10.

FIXTURE RECORDS
    Biggest Win
    Jets 3 (Bridge 6’, Carle 18’, Rodriguez 79’) – Mariners 1 (Mori 40’), Round 2, Season 2 at Energy Australia Stadium, 12/11/2006.

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 1 (Coveny 85’) – Mariners 4 (Gumprecht 4’, Brown 34’, Hutchinson 72’, Hutchinson 83’), Round 16, Season 1 at Express Advocate Stadium, 31/12/2005.

Leading Scorers in fixture –
    Jets – 6 (Joel Griffiths)
    Mariners – 6 (Matt Simon)

Average Home A-League crowd – 13000

2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
    Appearances
    • 18 Edson Montano
    • 17 Andrew Hoole
    • 15 David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Zenon Caravella, Jacob Pepper
    • 13 Jeronimo Neumann, Kew Jaliens, Ben Kantarovski, Scott Neville
    • 12 Sam Gallagher, Ben Kennedy
    • 11 Allan Welsh,
    • 10 Adrian Madaschi,
    • 8 James Virgili, Taylor Regan
    • 7 Mitch Cooper
    • 6 Mark Birrighiti , Marco Flores,
    • 5 Sam Gallaway,
    • 4 Billy Celeski, Radovan Pavicevic
    • 3 Nicholas Cowburn, Daniel Mullen, Lee Ki-Je
    • 2 Jonny Steele,
    • 1 Braedyn Crowley

Goals
    • 3 Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Jeronimo Neumann
    • 2 Scott Neville,
    • 1 Kew Jaliens, Marco Flores, Radovan Pavicevic, Lee Ki-Je, Oggie

Assists
    • 3 David Carney, Andrew Hoole
    • 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Adrian Madaschi

Yellow Cards
    • 5 Andrew Hoole, Kew Jaliens
    • 4 Adrian Madaschi, Taylor Regan, Edson Montano,
    • 3 Jeronimo Neumann, James Virgili, Scott Neville, David Carney,
    • 2 Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kantarovski
    • 1 Jonny Steele, Allan Welsh, Sam Gallaway, Mitch Cooper, Zenon Caravella, Radovan Pavicevic, Daniel Mullen, Sam Gallagher

Red Cards
    • 1 Kew Jaliens, Ben Kantarovski

COACHING
    Coaches Head to Head – 2 matches
    Phil Stubbins - 0 wins, Phil Moss 1 win, 1 drawn

Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
    • Phil Stubbins - 0 Matches (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 losses = -% win ratio)
    • Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
    • Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
    • Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
    • Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
    • Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
    • Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)

Central Coast Mariners Coach Record – Phil Moss 75% win ratio (3 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses).

KEY FACTS:
    • Last weekend was the first goal the Jets have scored inside the first 15 minutes in 51 matches.
    • Also, following last weekend’s draw the Jets have now not won away from home in over a year. The last victory away from home was 2/3/14 against Western Sydney Wanderers.
    • The Jets have only won 3 times against the Mariners in the last 6 seasons.
    • The Jets last victory over the Mariners was round 3 in season 8, 20/10/12. This is a run of 7 games without a victory.
    • The Mariners haven’t scored a first half goal in Newcastle in over 4 years.
    • There have only been 7 penalties awarded in this fixture.
    • At home, the goals come to both teams tend to come in the second half with 44 of the 75 have been score after half time since Season 8.
    • The Jets have only lead at half time 3 times this season, failing on all occasions to convert this to a win. The last time this occurred was the final match of last season.
    • The Jets have used 28 players this season.
    • The Jets have now conceded 11 goals in the last 10 minutes of a match this season. Four of these have been conceded in each of the last 4 matches.
    • More than two thirds of the goals the Jets have conceded this season have come in the second half (27 of 40).
    • The Mariners have scored 3 goals in the first half in Newcastle, but have scored 12 second half goals.
    • Taylor Regan and Edson Montano are both one booking away from an automatic 1 week suspension.
    • Ben Kantarovski and Andrew Hoole are both suspended for this match.
    • Taylor Regan has now made 60 appearances for the Newcastle Jets. Scott Neville and Zenon Caravella have both made 40 appearances for the Jets.
    • The player who captains this weekend will become the 12th player to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby.
    • Jacob Pepper became the 19th Newcastle Jets captain last weekend.

Jets v Mariners Trivia:
    1. Because set pieces don’t count as goals, who is the player to have scored the most first half goals from open play, at home, against the Mariners?

2. Which of these players haven’t scored a derby goal at home – Labinot Haliti, Jeremy Brockie, Michael Bridges or Jin-Hyung Song?

3. Last weekend was the first match a Wellington Phoenix player has scored and own goal against the Jets. Which team has scored the most own goals against the Jets and who were the players to do so?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-02-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

hutcho to score in his last game in Newy.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Jets v Mariners Trivia:
    1. Because set pieces don’t count as goals, who is the player to have scored the most first half goals from open play, at home, against the Mariners?

2. Which of these players haven’t scored a derby goal at home – Labinot Haliti, Jeremy Brockie, Michael Bridges or Jin-Hyung Song?

3. Last weekend was the first match a Wellington Phoenix player has scored and own goal against the Jets. Which team has scored the most own goals and who were the players to do so?
    For Q3... is that most own goals overall or most own goals against Jets?

For Q3... is that most own goals overall or most own goals against Jets?
    Against the jets
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Fvck these cvnts
    Go jetties

If Phil Stubbins is serious about trying to win the fans back over, he will spend this week firing the group up and send the boys out to win this match and steamroll the gypos. We can't sit back and absorb as we have the last few matches.

This is all we have left this season - this one match. We aren't going to make the finals so after this we're just showing up each week. The one positive we can take away is winning the final derby and breaking a rotten, rotten streak against this mob.

I want the players to show some passion. They say we fans deserve better, they say the want to play for us, then show it starting this match. Don't hold back. Put your body on the line. Don't give them any space at all and get in their faces. Show us exactly what playing for this club means and what pride you have in the shirt.

We want to, no, must win this!

In short, fire up, show some heart, show us the passion we show you.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-02-2015 at 10:27 AM.

If Phil Stubbins is serious about trying to win the fans back over, he will spend this week firing the group up and send the boys out to win this match and steamroll the gypos. We can't sit back and absorb as we have the last few matches.

This is all we have left this season - this one match. We aren't going to make the finals so after this we're just showing up each week. The one positive we can take away is winning the final derby and breaking a rotten, rotten streak against this mob.

I want the players to show some passion. They say we fans deserve better, they say the want to play for us, then show it starting this match. Don't hold back. Put your body on the line. Don't give them any space at all and get in their faces. Show us exactly what playing for this club means and what pride you have in the shirt.

You've got a better chance of seeing a unicorn play striker.

Banned

In short, fire up, show some heart, show us the passion we show you.
    I started to tear up reading this.

Then I remembered I want Stubbins gone and hope we get flogged to heap the pressure on him

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I started to tear up reading this.

Then I remembered I want Stubbins gone and hope we get flogged to heap the pressure on him
    It's a catch 22, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You've got a better chance of seeing a unicorn play striker.
    Good engines
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

It'll take a lot more than a derby win to get phil back in the good books.
    Granted it's all we have left, but that in itself speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    It'll take a lot more than a derby win to get phil back in the good books.
    Granted it's all we have left, but that in itself speaks volumes.
    Without a doubt re: Phil. It would be a start however.

And yes, another depressing season where we are left lamenting what could have been or in this case never was.

Without a doubt re: Phil. It would be a start however.

And yes, another depressing season where we are left lamenting what could have been or in this case never was.
    Could have been is fine. Look at who we had at the end of last season in terms of players, look at who we brought in... only total coaching/back office cluster**** can be blamed for the shit circumstances we find ourselves in.

The worst feeling in the world, normally, is to lose to the Gypos at home. However, this is some what moderated by the hope that every loss we suffer might drive a nail just a bit further into Stubbins coaching career at the Jets. Tinkler backs him but if failure continues into next season with his second "new" hand picked squad, you would think that Tinkler might lose faith in him.

We can only hope.

So this weekend I am torn by my passionate disgust for both the Gypos and Stubbins. Enough to drive a man to drink....

Hutcho on NBN tonight saying he feels sorry for the jets fans with what's going on up there because we're really passionate and don't deserve what's goong on and also disappointed Griffo won't be there and said the way he was treated is wrong.

Am I softening or do others find themselves agreeing with him?

I feel dirty

Hutcho on NBN tonight saying he feels sorry for the jets fans with what's going on up there because we're really passionate and don't deserve what's goong on and also disappointed Griffo won't be there and said the way he was treated is wrong.

I feel dirty
    I agreed with him too.

Don't know what to do with myself now.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned

I feel dirty
    Hutcho can **** off with his mind tricks.

Bloke is a complete wanker anyway.

NEVER FORGET THAT

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The worst feeling in the world, normally, is to lose to the Gypos at home. However, this is some what moderated by the hope that every loss we suffer might drive a nail just a bit further into Stubbins coaching career at the Jets. Tinkler backs him but if failure continues into next season with his second "new" hand picked squad, you would think that Tinkler might lose faith in him.

We can only hope.

So this weekend I am torn by my passionate disgust for both the Gypos and Stubbins. Enough to drive a man to drink....
    yep.

I think tinks and stubbins are kissing far too hard to part that soon.

Hutcho - what a guy, hope we sign him up.

We've got good engines, we're moving forward...