View Poll Results: Will you renew your membership if Tinkler remains owner and Stubbins coach?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 22.41%
  • NO

31 53.45%
  • NOT SURE

8 13.79%
  • slobs

6 10.34%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you renew your membership if Tinkler remains owner and Stubbins coach?

Will you renew your membership if Tinkler remains owner and Stubbins coach?

This question needs to be asked as I am hereing from many current members that they will not be renewing their Jets membership for next season. Nothing has really changed in regards to Tinkler, he has made some outstanding payments but the bottomline is that he has only been able to keep the club afloat because of handouts from wealthy businessman Gerry Harvey. Stubbins has basically decimated a decent squad which he had plenty of input into assembling and has basically blamed others for his own inadequacies as a coach. With a record of 1 win in 20 and the stigma now attached to him, how can we seriously build for next season and beyond with him still at the helm?
    Enough is enough for me!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    can't renew mine because i haven't signed up for the last 2 seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

There is no slobs option, poll invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    There is no slobs option, poll invalid.
    This is a serious Poll.....FARK your SLOBS!!!!

poll invalid

Not sure if i'll renew but it isn't related to Stubbins or Tinkler

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    This is a serious Poll.....FARK your SLOBS!!!!
    steady on. you know he's going to be on every ballot paper in a couple of weeks right?

No membership renewal here. I will certainly continue to attend the odd game but at this point in time i will just watch on Fox at home.

I just can't get my head around the thought of giving this mob any of my money, to give them money is to feel like i condone how they run things and nothing could be further from the truth.

I can look past Tinkler owning the club and leave the FFA to deal with him but for the club to try and convince us we are better off with Mr 1 in 20 in charge is to take us as idiots. The bloke is simply not up to the job of at this level and the club needs to make a choice , Mr 1 in 20 or a few thousand members pulling the pin.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    steady on. you know he's going to be on every ballot paper in a couple of weeks right?
    Funny, when I here the word "Slobs"....I think of Tinks!

I'll be back.
    only because i believe Murphy has the goods to sort this mess out, and im fearful of being labelled plastic.

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nope - why the hell would you want to be insulted by these jerks every fortnight?

I'll be there week in and out, my seats are too good to give up...

What's more I'd rather have a team with the prospect of them finally coming good rather than no team and not getting a look in at a team again for 10-15 years... You only have to look at all of the major sports to see that leagues are in no way confident to introduce new sporting franchises at a risk to their profits and public image... As shit as out public image may be at present, while we have a team we can turn it around... If our memberships turn to shit and tinkler throws his dummy and FFA see a failing club with poor membership, we won't have a leg to stand on and we'll go the way of Gold Coast and North Queensland.

At least with a club and decent membership numbers, we are showing that there is a strong business case to keep a team in newcastle. What's more with strength in numbers we at least have a voice in trying to goad tinkler on to action (as futile as that may be)

I'd more then likely renew it with Tinkler still in charge but if Stubbins stays then it's a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post

What's more I'd rather have a team with the prospect of them finally coming good rather than no team and not getting a look in at a team again for 10-15 years... You only have to look at all of the major sports to see that leagues are in no way confident to introduce new sporting franchises at a risk to their profits and public image... As shit as out public image may be at present, while we have a team we can turn it around... If our memberships turn to shit and tinkler throws his dummy and FFA see a failing club with poor membership, we won't have a leg to stand on and we'll go the way of Gold Coast and North Queensland.

At least with a club and decent membership numbers, we are showing that there is a strong business case to keep a team in newcastle. What's more with strength in numbers we at least have a voice in trying to goad tinkler on to action (as futile as that may be)
    Top post

wrap it up and start again
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post

As a Chelsea fan I am already labelled plastic, however, despite the pain I will be renewing, as I agree with Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    wrap it up and start again
    but they are unlikely to start another club in Newcastle again any time soon if we fold

Yeah nah.
    When they deserve me again, I'll come back.
    **** the Jets.

The FFA know what a successful operating team in newcastle does with membership numbers/bums on seats

A lack of people signing up will only further show to the FFA that tinkler and co ain't doing a good enough job

Personally I like Murphy and he has the best part of 3-4 months to convince me to renew my membership
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!