Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

I dunno what Ernie has done...

Playing a narrow 442 diamond with Fitz as the AMC and Dimi and Arroyo as strikers.
    He shipped Johnny and Ridenton off on loan and brought MATT THOMPSON in on a Mature Age Rookie contract.
    Jackson, Italiano, Kantarovski and Sheppard all listed.

Coming 5th in the league, one point behind the scum... who have signed Poljak as a MAR. Looks like half the teams have gone out and grabbed a MAR... Jade North and James Brown somehow qualifying for this illustrious contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I dunno what Ernie has done...

Playing a narrow 442 diamond with Fitz as the AMC and Dimi and Arroyo as strikers.
    He shipped Johnny and Ridenton off on loan and brought MATT THOMPSON in on a Mature Age Rookie contract.
    Jackson, Italiano, Kantarovski and Sheppard all listed.

Coming 5th in the league, one point behind the scum... who have signed Poljak as a MAR. Looks like half the teams have gone out and grabbed a MAR... Jade North and James Brown somehow qualifying for this illustrious contract.
    Yeah every one signs Thommo Poijak Brown and North, So bizare
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

New gig... Sweden dreg divisions must be the lowest rep ones I have loaded because I have joined Assyriska IF i Norrköping who expect me to win the same division I got relegated from with that other lot. Much, much better squad this time and I have joined in the off-season, so was able to fill a bunch of holes. It's a semi-professional team so lots of half decent players on Non Contract signings too.

Players come back from holidays and I get called into a meeting where one of the senior players says I have lost the dressing room due to me having a shit reputation and they don't think they can work with me. Cheers fellas.

I've got tactics being trained but think that might be a bit much for some part time footballers. Bit of route one in opening friendly saw a nice 5-0 victory... against a non league side. Real test will come when I play another North/East/West division club.

My star winger says the club doesn't share his ambition and won't sign a new contract... and he is significantly better than anyone else at the club. A better version of Fitz to give you some idea but can play both wings and up front in a pinch. Oh well.

Jets haven't won since last update and now in 10th spot. Only the managerless Roar are worse off.

New gig... Sweden dreg divisions must be the lowest rep ones I have loaded because I have joined Assyriska IF i Norrköping who expect me to win the same division I got relegated from with that other lot. Much, much better squad this time and I have joined in the off-season, so was able to fill a bunch of holes. It's a semi-professional team so lots of half decent players on Non Contract signings too.

Players come back from holidays and I get called into a meeting where one of the senior players says I have lost the dressing room due to me having a shit reputation and they don't think they can work with me. Cheers fellas.

I've got tactics being trained but think that might be a bit much for some part time footballers. Bit of route one in opening friendly saw a nice 5-0 victory... against a non league side. Real test will come when I play another North/East/West division club.

My star winger says the club doesn't share his ambition and won't sign a new contract... and he is significantly better than anyone else at the club. A better version of Fitz to give you some idea but can play both wings and up front in a pinch. Oh well.

Jets haven't won since last update and now in 10th spot. Only the managerless Roar are worse off.
    This makes me want to do an extra save and start off managerless

It's always been one of my favourite ways to play.

I had a save back in 2012 or 2013 where I got a job with A.D.C. Ars et Labor Grottaglie after they were newly promoted to Serie C.

Took about 20-25 seasons but ended up winning Serie A and Champions League... sadly, not in the stadium they currently play in.

Had an amazing winger who I think was called Mangini or something similar.

Bahahah... I thought I might have a pic or video of him scoring but turns out I had this on my PHOTOBUCKET of all places. What a terrible image host that turned out to be.

Assyriska IF i Norrköping is a much, much better team.

Still playing route one football from a standard 442 and the occasional attempt at some passing football out of a 4231 against the bottom clubs. With a full pre-season and significantly better players, it's working wonders. Undefeated after 12 games with 31 goals scored. Despite scoring at almost 3 goals per game, the fans aren't happy with the style of football... delighted with results, thumbs down for entertainment and quality passing Slowly starting to win the players over too... apparently winning a lot helps with your reputation. Still struggling to keep inside the wage budget though... spending almost double the budget. That's the wage of my top 6 players. Then there's 6 absolute trash players I was stuck with whose combined total is £160 or so. The other 22 players that make up the entire squad, reserve and youth team are on £165 between them. Hopefully winning the title gets a tidy bump and I can keep some of the good players for next division up.

Jets almost surprisingly sacked Merrick after finishing 10th. Kevin Muscat is now the Jets coach.

Won the title, slight increase of wage budget to nearly £3000. Can't even get close to the wage budget now... even with a massive 42 player squad, I am only spending £1400. I only have 3 people earning more than £100 per week.

Board expectation changed from "sign young players" and "manage wage budget" to "play attacking", "play high tempo pressing" and "manage wage budget" with a top half of the table expectation. Undefeated in pre-season with 37 goals in 7 games. Pundits have me finishing 4th in the league so top half should hopefully be easily attainable.

I have picked up an Australian player... Aiden Harvey. Right fullback/winger and plays for Göteborgs Atlet-och Idrottssällskap in the real world. He's pretty terrible but fantastic standard for my team.

Jets are missing finals again. One game to play, 8th spot and 6 points adrift. Can't win the spoon though... Macarthur FC have a pitiful 13 points. Looks like Muscat is keeping the entire squad that underperformed... though Wes and Thompson are retiring and there are 4 loan players not likely to come back.

And 2-0 up in first game after promotion at HT, despite my left back getting a straight red 18 in. Hopefully doesn't fall to pieces.

Turns out the First Division Elite is where I am going to get smashed.

Won First Division South by 5 points. Only 4 losses the entire season, top scored with 73 goals from 30 games. My star striker (31 of those 73) who I picked up from a top division club after he was released refused to sign a new contract and is instead off to the Norwegian Superliga

There is something odd about Sweden though... it might be because it's never loaded when I play a Jets game, but a shit load of Australian players play here after two seasons. Must be because the reputation is lower so the fringe A-League players end up here.
    Jamal Reiners (Glory) just left a club and joined me, Joe Caletti (Roar) is listed and currently in contract negotiations with me and another player I have never heard of (Luke Eyles - Dandenong?) was released and signed with me mid season. Next season, that will be both fullbacks, star midfielder and one of my strikers from Australia. If I could just find a decent keeper, that would be a solid Australian contingent.

The North Korean captain, Ri Myong-guk, is free at the moment and somehow interested in joining, so I may have a new GK anyway.
    Nevermind, just realised he is 36. That doesn't fit my youth mantra.
    Last edited by Grimario; 23-11-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Did not get Caletti. He wanted £550 a week and the most I can offer anyone is £375. Did end up with Aaron Reardon though... a current Roar player who made his real life A-League debut against the Jerks last season at Hunter Stadium in a 2-2 result.

Playing significantly better than projected. Tipped for relegation playoff spot, currently on the cusp of promotion playoff spot. Strike force pairing have 5 each with most of the assists coming from my DLP whose entire job is to get the ball then punt it long. Route One though appears to be losing its effectiveness the higher the quality goes up. Have been dabbling with more passing football but none of my players are good enough at it for it to work, so happy with upper mid table for this season.

Like how the new youth intake stuff works. Think it will be pretty sweet when I get a good youth set up.

Went on a 5 game winning streak in mid-season, hit top spot briefly before dropping back down to 4th after a string of losses. After a few transfers out of former star striker, winger and centre back who came up with me from the bottom divisions and a few significantly higher quality replacement players, I had a strong second half of the season, going 8-6-1 and sneaking into the playoff picture in the last few weeks. Could have secured automatic promotion but my final 3 games were LDW and finished one point behind 2nd. Have a two legged promotion playoff against a professional team from the top division... their top two player wages are more than my entire budget, so a humbling defeat isn't out of the question.

Also set an attendance record... 636!

Or not. They finished the season with 4 losses and a 3-4-8 final half. The entire squad has appalling morale, three of them already have transfers confirmed, star winger injured, two players suspended. 4-0 win. We're going up... unless we completely bottle the away leg.

At the mid-season break after 12 games. Sitting two wins clear of the relegation playoff spot... but such a crazy log jam that one win could put me into European spots. Apart from last place (on 4 points) and the top 3, there is only 8 points between everyone else.

Struggling financially, nearly £500k in debt. The move to Professional status and full time roster came with a big wage increase. £4k per week last season, £15k this season. Double the staff numbers, paying full time wages and increased quality means have gone from £20k per month to £50k. Whilst there is a big increase in income from TV revenue, it's only covering a portion of the cost increase. The big gap with other clubs appears to be attendance. The big clubs (AIK, Hammarby, Djurgardens) are all averaging 25k attendance... our biggest crowd was 1500, averaging 1100. Even if we start to sell out, the capacity is only 2500 so need to hope for a few years staying up to even think about developing that. Doesn't matter where I finish though, prize money is £900k+, so hopefully a few seasons of that and we will be good.

Interviewed for a job at Wuhan in China and have just got an Interview request for Hibs. That's a big step up, so let's see where that goes.

Went on a month long undefeated streak, grinding out ugly single goal margin wins and low scoring draws. Had a huge win in the cup against a lower division side somehow boost morale like crazy and then went on another decent run with 8 wins and 2 losses to sneak into the EURO Cup II spots. Held it together and gave qualified for that tournament which I had genuinely never heard of before. Nice payout for finishing that high, put me into the black. Got a £1.5m transfer budget but only spent 220k... wasn't really much value in the players interested in joining. Said goodbye bunch of players, including my Aussie pair of Joe Caletti and Jamal Reiners who both ended up at the same Finnish PL club.

Despite significant improvements to the squad, I am 1000/1 to win the title and 5/2 for relegation, clear favourite. It has to be based on reputation, not squad ability, because there is no way the squad I have now doesn't finish mid-table at the very least.

On the home front, Jerks are terrible and Muscat is favourite in the A-League sack race. Has been last almost the entire season but just pulled back into 11th after their hottest streak of the season, picking up a win and 3 draws in last 5 outings. Looking at the squad, it almost feels like Lee has cut finances even more than real life. Jackson, Millar, Petratos and the Hoff are the only real players in the starting line up... everyone else is a current youth player or newgen and and only one of them looks any good. The imports are an English forward (Kaiyne Woolery) who has one goal in 21 games, a Ghanain forward (George Ofosu) who has 1 goal in 9 games and a Portuguese goal keeper (Nuno Hidalgo) who is transfer listed.

I reckon I might go for the job when Muscat is sacked.

Im going to start a journeyman save. Keep failing with the Jerks. Any tactics or squad choice. We just get flogged and create nothing

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Im going to start a journeyman save. Keep failing with the Jerks. Any tactics or squad choice. We just get flogged and create nothing
    Ernie, Kevin and Stanny... you are in pretty good company.

Ernie, Kevin and Stanny... you are in pretty good company.
    Just you wait till you manage em

Do you start with any badges?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Do you start with any badges?
    Nope, nothing. Bottom possible attribute for everything. I think that means you start off with a maximum of 4 attribute points above 1 or something.

I just got my Continental C license in 2024. I don't know how it chooses to level you up as you progress but I now have 10+ for attack, defend, tactical, technical, mental, man management and motivating. Despite my characteristics being "signing younger/much younger/very young players" (club vision for first few seasons), I have Working with Youngsters of 1. Maybe that's why I won't get the Ukrainian U20 gig I applied for.

Wanderers and Victory have both sacked their coaches. Didn't realise it but Arnold retired last year and Gertjen Verbeek took over. It's not as weird as FIFA where Topor-Stanley played in goals in a friendly against Chile, but the squad has moved on a bit. Still plenty of recognised names but the starting line up has 3 regens in it already, including a couple of >£1m valued players who have already moved to Europe.

Started my journeyman save. Just been appointed coach of IFK HASSELHOLM in one of the Swedish second divisions called East Gotaland. We are semi pro and 11th out of 14 with 17 games gone. Im expected to avoid relegation. Had to place adverts for almost all staff roles and convince the club to allow physios for the 1st team and yoof sides.

Looking at the squad and we have no natural fullbacks and only two players who can play those roles, So that will be my first focus in the transfer window which hopefully opens soon as we are in late July but with a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of $45 a week ( What The ****) doubt anyone will come in. Tactics will have to be route one for now and we have also have 6 Wingers and only 1 Striker. What was the previous coach doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight