Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Football Manager

Been pretty hectic, havent logged on to play for a few weeks.

But will be getting in sometime soon.

Any updates gents?
    Amigos Aarau

Whenever I am working from home, I have it loaded up in the background on the PC while I slave away.

My current career game is just before christmas in 2026 in La Liga with some team no one has ever heard of before called Elgoibar. I won the league last year after 4 seasons in the top flight, won CL the same year and now in my 5th season have just won the CWC. There are almost no real players left.

Thinking of my next challenge, have a bunch of options and am thinking South America or Mexico might be a good option if I can get a gig there.

Or maybe back to the Jets where it all started... who currently have Austrian legend Andreas Herzog in charge who has finished 4th, 1st, 5th, 3rd, 1st in his tenure as boss but never won a GF.

lol aka graham arnold
    OK

I started unemployed, kicked off with MLS side New England Revolution, won a few titles and MLS Cups, North American Champions League eluded me (lost in the final once).
    After resigning from that position, I am now at Cittadella, who had wrapped up Serie B when I took over. 1st season in Serie A, rooted to the bottom of the table, just 1 win at the halfway mark.

I have been blogging about it all on a regular basis (every "in-game" month). Can be found here ( lifeofmanager.wordpress.com ) if you care to check it out :-)

http://www.fmscout.com/q-4589-FM12-U...cks-bypr0.html

for those looking for a database file that has all the transfers as of today. the bloke has missed some transfers in the HAL like mitchell to jets and jeffers, culina and queerman leaving.

he has also added WSW who seem to be actually the richest club in the league because there owned by the FFA (crazy stuff right....FFA spending money)

they have signed in my new game Ogenovski, Lucas niell and david kitson plus a host of other decent players. Ange has brought back matt mackay and devere to victory.

has been my go to tool for procrastination last couple of days..... damn manure and all there money...
    Amigos Aarau

I'm about to clock over to 2028 in my career game, currently with Elgoibar in La Liga. Have just moved to our first fully seated stadium, 24k seats. Money is rolling in!

Ange Postecoglu just got the sack from the scum. Wilkshire is the Australian manager. There are almost no real players left in the game.

Leaving Elgoibar at the end of the season, contemplating a fresh challenge in South Africa (sadly only one league) or one of the Asian nations with 3-4 divisions. Getting bored of Europe, especially La Liga, since Elgoibar wasn't an existing club and does NOT have a reserves squad, so I can only ever have 25 players + U19's

Nice work, sounds like you're steaming through the game!

I'm into March 2018, and finally finding some form with League 1 side Leyton Orient.

Latest blog entry - “February Stars” http://wp.me/p2z6uB-3o
    Homepage - lifeofmanager.wordpress.com

Check it out :-D

I wouldn't say I am steaming through it... just checked my save, almost 39 days played time to get to 2028...

Ended up at Wellington. Won the league and the GF two seasons running. Left because no ACL = no money and no NYL team = no youth. Poor, poor set up in the game for the Nix.

Took over Cienciano in Peru, finished 5th in my first season (was tipped first but when I took over, was hovering lower mid-table). Second season am sitting top of the league with 3 games to go on the First Phase. Have secured qualifaction into the Final already, though not entirely sure what that entails...

Left my post at Brazil to take over Australia after Wilkshire got sacked for the second time. Thought I had better break the cycle otherwise Ange would get the job and get sacked for the FOURTH time. In sad news, Australia has NEVER won the Asian Cup and only been a runner up ONCE since 2011 (which was a real result, not in game). Missed out on qualification for the 2018, 2026 and 2030 World Cups, the last one being the reason Wilkshire was sacked. When I took over, world ranking was down at 85. Have it back up to 80 now and playing the 2031 Asian Cup, in the SF against South Korea. Hopefully a win here and in the final against (probably) Saudi Arabia will see me jump up the rankings a bit.

Good effort. Shame the Phoenix setup didn't really allow you to create a dynasty.

Fingers crossed for the Asian Cup Semi and hopefully Final!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Good effort. Shame the Phoenix setup didn't really allow you to create a dynasty.

Fingers crossed for the Asian Cup Semi and hopefully Final!
    Bit of pre-derby FM, beat South Korea 1-0 in the SF. Saudi Arabia got knocked out by Qatar in their QF then Qatar lost to Iran. So Iran in the GF? Fooking hell. Should win.

NEW FM Career blog entry - “Hot and Cold” - http://t.co/sBAaomtX
    Homepage - http://t.co/6YGl7kcA
    Read, Comment, Subscribe? Cheers! :-D

In my second season with Villa, won the league cup and the league despite having little or no money available, smashed out loans and spent all my money on Seydou Keita. Agbonlahor and Bent destroyed the league. Bannan came of age and was brilliant. Absolutely raided the free transfer market, Montoya Planas Ballack Albelda Van Buyten Sturridge Caldirola Bosingwa Ait-Fana all on frees and a couple of buys to strengthen the side and provide depth for europe saw me destroy Liverpool 5-0 in Community Shield.

wtf were you 2nite?

stuck in waggaaaa

Beat Iran in the GF, first time Asian Cup winners in 2031.

Also won the Asian Cup Fair play award with only 4 yellows for the tournament. How things have changed for Australian football.

FM2013 is out in a few weeks... demo later this week.

For those that pre-purchased, you get beta access so can be playing it RIGHT NOW.

www.greenmangaming.com for <$30, cheapest place I can find it. DO IT!

FM2013 at least in beta is pretty rubbish.

Best player at the Jets is one Ben Kantarovski. Currently leads the league in passing accuracy at 93% after 2/3 of the season is gone. Heskey has 14 goals but Bruno Cazarine, signed by Nix, has nearly 20, better than a goal per game. McAllister is a few goals ahead of Heskey as well.

Played a 6-6 draw with Melbourne Heart a few games ago. We are 9 points clear of them, they are 9 points clear of MV in 3rd. Coasties aren't in top 6. WSW are dead last, have notched up a win though and scored some goals! Bridge only has one of them, the fat ankled waster.

Also, Rubez and Jobe are garbage, Jesic is our 3rd best striker. Goodwin and Virgili are nowhere near good enough for first team. Ended up signing Chris Grossman because I was short of central midfield options
    Last edited by Grimario; 26-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Developers can't be blamed for poor stats. They employ (don't think they are paid) people to scout every team throughout the leagues in the game. So whoever is doing the Jets' scouting for SI Games is who you would have an issue with.

Mind you, they would probably have to get their data into the developers a long time ago.