Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Finished the season in 3rd. Clacka is a managerial genius. Shame he lost at home to Wanderers in the first final game.
    It has to happen this season, surely.

Started out well enough with a win away to Gypos... but has since gone 1-2-6. 8 points from 10 games, sitting dead last.

Banned

Started out well enough with a win away to Gypos... but has since gone 1-2-6. 8 points from 10 games, sitting dead last.
    If that pans out into reality I can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If that pans out into reality I can handle that.
    Yes, but you're an idiot. I would rather lose to the gypos 3 times every year and win the league.

PS Now gone 2-3-8. Clacka is going to get sacked in 2025, I can feel it.

Banned
    Yes, but you're an idiot. I would rather lose to the gypos 3 times every year and win the league.

PS Now gone 2-3-8. Clacka is going to get sacked in 2025, I can feel it.
    As opposed to now where we lose to the Gypos 3 times a year and don't even make the semis let alone win the league???

It happened. 7-8-12 record, 29 points. Equal top scorers... but worst defense.

This guy is touted as the new manager... http://www.transfermarkt.com/richard...spieler/115192

Goran Lozanovski is in the mix as well with 2 regen managers.

Banned
    When does the next edition come out usually??

Wish to update from my current model and see how long it takes me to take some BSS side like Bognor Regis to UCL glory

Wish to update from my current model and see how long it takes me to take some BSS side like Bognor Regis to UCL glory
    Late October, Early November

Do the San Marino challenge, Member.

Do the San Marino challenge, Member.
    or take the Jets to ACL glory

It happened. 7-8-12 record, 29 points. Equal top scorers... but worst defense.

This guy is touted as the new manager... http://www.transfermarkt.com/richard...spieler/115192

Goran Lozanovski is in the mix as well with 2 regen managers.
    One of the regens took the job.

Can only assume he is a gypo mole as his first staff signing is Wilko as head of Youth and Kwasnik as chief scout.

Green Man Gaming has FM 2015 pre order now for $37.50 US (25% off) if you use this voucher TODAY:
    HEA34T-3L03RY-JLXOOR

I get it for free

One of the regens took the job.

Can only assume he is a gypo mole as his first staff signing is Wilko as head of Youth and Kwasnik as chief scout.
    New manager is living up to media expectations. Forecast 10th. 11 games into season, yet to win. Conceded a massive 2 goals per game.

Might have to create a new manager and take Jets back to days of glory.

With the Jets in the 2016/17 season

Won the Grand Final three years in a row.
    Won the premiership in 2014 and 2016
    Won the 2016 Asian Champions League
    Runner up in the 2016 Club World Cup. Lost 3-0 to Real Madrid

Might have to create a new manager and take Jets back to days of glory.
    Squad was an absolute shambles. Binned off Gibbs and Velaphi as their contracts were up, told Beard (FFS joel, how did you make Chapman the greatest Socceroo of all time yet make Beard so rubbish?) and Gallaway that their contracts weren't being renewed then hunted for some players. The centre backs at the club are okay regen, potentially okay but not developed regen and Brendan Hamill who might have been good once but certainly isn't now.

In came 20 yo Venezuelan centre back (with 20 caps) inside the cap and Iraqi right winger as Marquee to replace the awful Marquee the club had. When I briefly took over Australia (maybe 6 years ago?), I found this guy and capped him... and he hasn't gotten any better from then. Probably due to never leaving Australia.

Did a quick search of the state leagues and picked up 6 players for the game capped 3.2k each. One of them, a 17yo striker, has gone straight into the starting lineup and has 6 goals in 4 starts. That's more than the rest of the team had scored before I took over.

Banned
    Updated to the 2013 Model from 2008 the other day.

Took over Basingstoke in the BSS with the goal of avoiding relegation.

Have spent the season fluctuating between 8th-16th spot. Currently in 14th Spot with 12 games to go.

Considering have no money and have kept the bulk of squad quite content. For some reason despite staying well inside the wage budget am running at a 120k debt each year

Have basically put all players up for sale and have only replaced what I removed.

Next season looks better with the opportunity to shape the squad more to my liking as everyone is off contract and I am renewing only about 5 of them.

Tactics have been inspired by the need to keep it tight to avoid relegation with my inept squad 5-3-2 playing on the counter with hoof ball the go and training being devoted to defence.

No Tika Taka

As a result have a pretty solid defence conceding at similar rates to the best sides in the division. Problem though has been the goals scored being low also. So far have had Eight 0-0 draws in the BSS.

Can't wait to get the season done to kick on next year and the start the journey up the league

Updated to the 2013 Model from 2008 the other day.
    Why not FM14 given you can get it for <$15 these days?

In game news... Jets last after 12 rounds, without a win, with just 4 points on the board.

In comes Grim Ario, reshapes the squad top to bottom, pushes Jets up into 6th spot with 2 games to go, smashes coasties on the road to make finals football a certainty as 7th place scum can't catch us. Now, if Perth can do the business in week 27, that means the scum miss the finals after 24 previous weeks in the top 6.

*edit* Perth didn't even need to win... Nix thumped whoever they played and made 6th spot unattainable
    Last edited by Grimario; 02-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Banned
    Rather try playing back in the days before GVE actually fully damaged the Jets squad for ever.

Actually nearly ****ed up my Basingstoke game. Got an offer for my keeper so got rid of him to save a few bucks. Being where we were were with 10 or so games to go thought we would be right without him as relegation was a bit out of reach.

Decided to go with the 17 year old to save a few bob as that is starting to become an issue

**** that went well.Well it weren't his fault no great issues from him but the rest of the ****s slacked off and the Club went on a 8 game losing spree and required a win on the final day of the season. Well we didn't need to win but we were still in prime position to stay up with a win guaranteeing it.

Boys delivered with a 4-3 win with the winner scored in the 89th minute

Spent the off season gutting the **** out of the squad. Am just about to finish pre season and get into it.

Must say I loved the feature where they offer you a wage. I actually knocked my wage down to the bare min allowed and got another 2 staff out of the deal.

As if that would happen in real life

In game news... Jets last after 12 rounds, without a win, with just 4 points on the board.

In comes Grim Ario, reshapes the squad top to bottom, pushes Jets up into 6th spot with 2 games to go, smashes coasties on the road to make finals football a certainty as 7th place scum can't catch us. Now, if Perth can do the business in week 27, that means the scum miss the finals after 24 previous weeks in the top 6.

*edit* Perth didn't even need to win... Nix thumped whoever they played and made 6th spot unattainable
    Comfortable 2-1 victory away to Brisbane in the elimination final.
    A proper ding dong battle in the semi final against heart... 2-0 down at HT, 3-3 FT, 6-4 win in ET.

In grand final now away to Adelaide... 1-1 FT, 1-1 ET. 11-11 after 11 penalty shots each... then to 13-13 until Jozy Altidore, Adelaide's marquee missed. 20yo Maltese superstar regen (Aus Maltese, I have a wannabe Hutcho, ffs) steps up and slots it in to win 14-13. Mental.

Jets = champions. Grimario = hero.

In FM15 regens can participate in movember