Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Roy for me was a streak player but his attributes decline way too quick especially physical. Sheppard is good but goes on goal droughts as well, Jair was dogshit and sold in January season 1. Dimi is the star and Ronnie was good but just released
    Jair has been my star. 8 goals, 6 assists. Bastard refused new contract though, so have to replace my best player in the off season
    Ronnie was good too but this two month injury I suspect will ruin him. And after I extended him too
    Dimi has been good but missed time through injury.

Sheppard has been better than Keane. What a terrible marquee

And out of nowhere, I've just demolished the nix 7-0 away. Jair hat trick, Dimi brace and singles for Cowburn and Austin off the bench. Keane even had a good game with 3 key passes and a 9.0.

20190110213959_1.jpg
    OMFG Only this game can do this. Down 1-0 from the first leg, They score first and then bam quite possibly my greatest ever FM match
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Back after my little holiday.

1-0 WSW
    3-2 PG
    2-1 Hiroshima (ACL)
    1-1 BR
    5-1 SFC

Solid finish to regular season before 1-1 away to Pohang and 2-0 in the SF against the scum. Have done enough to make knock out stage of ACL so playing complete nuffy team against Johor Darul Ta'Zim in final group game before revenge happens when I beat MV at Hunter Stadium one year on from VARgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Back after my little holiday.

1-0 WSW
    3-2 PG
    2-1 Hiroshima (ACL)
    1-1 BR
    5-1 SFC

Solid finish to regular season before 1-1 away to Pohang and 2-0 in the SF against the scum. Have done enough to make knock out stage of ACL so playing complete nuffy team against Johor Darul Ta'Zim in final group game before revenge happens when I beat MV at Hunter Stadium one year on from VARgate.
    What season? I'm into season 4 I've won the league 3 times and the championship twice and the ACL once. Probs move to new club soon

Still first season.

The whole timing of contracts for the A-League is dumb. Away to Shanghai SIPG, 3-3 result. Excellent... but on the 29th May. Jair leaves, home leg 5th June.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Home fixture now, just need a low score draw... but Dan G is off with Macedonia and Jackson is injured. Cowburn at left back, some youth player as back up DC.

This isn't going to go well.

Hoff was MOM at right back with 2 key passes and an assist. JOWIC and Will Keane scored, Hoff also got an OG.

Jair gone to CEA on a free after refused to re-sign.
    Roy, Vujica, Johnny K, Adelson, Austin, Maki Petratos, Joice, Tyson Jackson and Monahan-Vaiika all released. Only released JK because I couldn't re-sign him for some reason because of the "non football reasons" unavailability but it appears I am able to re-sign him now he has been released.

Picking up Brandon Lundy, JK and Jacob Eliopoulous. He's some young Aus DC playing in Cyprus, so picked him up on a free after Thomas Deng opted to re-sign for MV instead of joining the Jerks.

Also picked up Will Keane on a free as marquee. Released by Hull, paying £1k a week less than when he was on loan. Woo.

Will mean only Vargas and Keane as Fgn players. Might look to pick up a young Asian player or two, maybe someone at left back and someone better than Lundy/JOWIC for the wing.

Couldn't get anyone that fit the bill but picked up a kid called Finley Thorndike, a highly rated 18yo AMC from West Brom.

And got a youth intake like no other... the blurb when it happened was "Whisper it quietly, but this could be a so-called "golden generation" , with Andrew Harris the diamond in a very strong group of players." Andrew Harris is the left back I was looking to recruit. He's got great physical and mental attributes for a 16 year old and will definitely get some game time this season. Hopefully he opts for Australia and not Italy which is where he was born.

Andrew Harris is off playing youth internationals and of course Dan G gets his ankle broken. Now playing Hoff at left back, Ridenton right back.

Going to have a lot of spots to fill in the next off season. Moss is retiring despite still being great, Topor accepted a contract in the UAE and Boogaard has lost all of his non-existent pace so won't be re-signed. Daniel Margush is my backup GK but he isn't good enough to take Moss' starting gig when he retires so he is likely off as well and I might look at a Fgn import between the sticks. I would like to keep the Hoff for his versatility but he is asking for a doubling of his wage so he can get stuffed.

Have bids out on gypo Buhagiar, Panos Armenakas and Lewis Khoury so hopefully at least one of them joins on. Vargas is going to be well past it come next season so Dimi will move centrally and at least the last two will be an upgrade on Lundy. Gypo though is one of the highest rated players by my scouts, so who knows.

Squad next season is looking to be similar without signings...

New GK
    Dan G - Eliopoulos - Jackson - Harris
    Cowburn - Ridenton/Uga/Kanta
    Petratos - Vargas - Lundy
    Keane

Andrew Harris is off playing youth internationals and of course Dan G gets his ankle broken. Now playing Hoff at left back, Ridenton right back.

Going to have a lot of spots to fill in the next off season. Moss is retiring despite still being great, Topor accepted a contract in the UAE and Boogaard has lost all of his non-existent pace so won't be re-signed. Daniel Margush is my backup GK but he isn't good enough to take Moss' starting gig when he retires so he is likely off as well and I might look at a Fgn import between the sticks. I would like to keep the Hoff for his versatility but he is asking for a doubling of his wage so he can get stuffed.

Have bids out on gypo Buhagiar, Panos Armenakas and Lewis Khoury so hopefully at least one of them joins on. Vargas is going to be well past it come next season so Dimi will move centrally and at least the last two will be an upgrade on Lundy. Gypo though is one of the highest rated players by my scouts, so who knows.

New GK
    Keane
    Nice!
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

New GK
    Keane
    ill post my team for season 4

GK Noah James
    Rb Johnny K CBs Ryan Mcgowan and Bailey Wright LB Vujica

CMs Uga Bogga and Cowburn/Thurgate

RW Dimi CAM Jack Simmons LW Rene Piscopo/Champness
    ST Dylan Weznall Halls

Looking for another RW and ST
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

ill post my team for season 4

GK Noah James
    Rb Johnny K CBs Ryan Mcgowan and Bailey Wright LB Vujica

CMs Uga Bogga and Cowburn/Thurgate

RW Dimi CAM Jack Simmons LW Rene Piscopo/Champness
    ST Dylan Weznall Halls

Looking for another RW and ST
    You edited Vujica and Uga, didn't you? Maybe JK too. No way those 3 are starting quality. Thurgate too... absolute gash. Cowburn is miles ahead of them all.

You edited Vujica and Uga, didn't you? Maybe JK too. No way those 3 are starting quality. Thurgate too... absolute gash. Cowburn is miles ahead of them all.
    Nope and Ugar scored 15 goals in the league for me last season. Shocking I know. Their good if you give them game time

love at first sight

Also I had issues with Hoff asking for double wages a few times

love at first sight

Nope and Ugar scored 15 goals in the league for me last season. Shocking I know. Their good if you give them game time
    Uga and Kanta get plenty of game time. Ridenton and Cowburn cover both fullback spots so they aren't always starting in midfield... but even with 13 games, Uga only has 1 goal. Kanta is a bit more prolific (somehow) with 4 in 18.

Vargas is leading scorer in season 2 with 11 from 22 games. Keane and Cowburn are equal second with 5 each. Have lost Vargas for a month with an ankle injury and Finley Thorndike went and suffered the same injury 30 minutes after he replaced Vargas on the pitch

Some youth product is next in line. Was grooming him to be the Vargas replacement but he's only just turned 17, so he can be the Thorndike back up.

After his little layoff, Vargas has come back and failed to score

Keane is up to double figures now and both Lundy and Petratos have chipped in with 5 apiece.

Didn't really have any major squad gaps in the January window so went a bit crazy on all the NPL youth prospects that my scouts rated as 4 star or higher potential. Ended up with a 17yo striker who thinks he is so good that he wouldn't take a youth contract. Thurgate was the unlucky squad cut.

The youth squad is pretty impressive now, finished season 7-0-1 but unfortunately that loss was to the other team who finished 7-0-1 so they went to the GF. Scored 22, conceded 7 in 8 games.

Whilst typing this, Vargas has scored in an unexpected 8-0 thrashing of Jeonbuk in the ACL. What the ****? Uga and Lundy braces, Keane hat trick. Ridenton at right back got 3 assists.

Won the league, thrashed Saitama 8-2 in another ACL group game.

The "golden generation" left back has been named NYL player of the year... despite not playing a single NYL game all season. They even used his A-League stats in the award announcement... so maybe it's the in game version of the NAB young footballer award?

He's pretty bloody good for a youth player. The striker bloke is pretty good too but not yet found his scoring boots... though he has scored once ever 79 minutes, so maybe I should give him more time. Keane is one goal every 122, so yeah... maybe a bit over critical!

Nope... after the GF (1-0 win over City, GolGen DL to Dimi header), GolGen was named as A-League YPOTY. Moss GKOTY and Moss, Hoff, Jackson, Cowburn, Lundy and Keane in TOTY. Topor, Ugar and Vargas on bench.

One day celebration then flight to South Korea for ACL. Love the scheduling.

Stanny, ever had any issues with weird contract timing? Moss retired so I was in the market for a new GK and there were 3 fantastic looking 22-25 year old Fgn keepers available. The best of the lot agreed to terms but then it rocks up and tells me he is due to join the club on 31st December! It's like the game hasn't even registered the current transfer window and is lumping me with signings in 5 months time Can't even sign Australian players, they get the same join date.

All the signings I made before the window opened are fine... Buhagiar has joined and I picked up Tyrese Francoise from Fulham on a free as well... but as it stands, I can't get a GK in and my youth keeper is now starting. Going to see if a Loan gets past this issue.