Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Did you start in the ACL, I did and had all our good youth players as different roles. Langois was a striker
    Nope, listed as Knocked out in Group Stage for ACL qualification.

Langlois was absolute garbage and got released.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nope, listed as Knocked out in Group Stage for ACL qualification.

Langlois was absolute garbage and got released.
    Yeah The Jets as well as the Aleague need new researchers
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Started another game with maybe 15 countries and 30+ leagues loaded, get a better feel for things in a grander game and as Socceroos manager.

Langlois is a right winger now and much better. Clearly random position and random ability.

Missed on Adeyemi - with a bunch more leagues loaded, he signed for a League One team

Started another game with maybe 15 countries and 30+ leagues loaded, get a better feel for things in a grander game and as Socceroos manager.

Langlois is a right winger now and much better. Clearly random position and random ability.

Missed on Adeyemi - with a bunch more leagues loaded, he signed for a League One team
    Yeah the Yoof being random roles is a bug and has been for years. Need to edit him in the editor when it comes out
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Day before transfer window closes, Arroyo gets a 6 week injury. Got Toure on loan from Adelaide - they clearly don't rate him in FM land.

Day after transfer window closes, Wessi gets a 2 month injury. Now playing Fitz in the middle with Petratos and Millar as wingers. Fitz has been amazing on the wing... even after missing 4 weeks with a thigh strain, he is top scorer with 14, one ahead of Arroyo.

Should just add clarification... that's including cup games whilst Arroyo was still not part of the squad, including a pair of 4 goal games in 10-0 and 14-0 wins against Quinns FC and Wollongong United in the FFA Cup. He only has 6 goals that mean anything in the league.
    Last edited by Grimario; 11-11-2019 at 04:15 PM.

I was really looking forward to attempting the San Marino challenge again this year but turns out the club, San Marino Calcio, folded and was reestablished outside of San Marino. That means no Sammarinese club to develop youth in to one day win the world cup

However, it looks like there might be a ready made replacement with FC Andorra in the Spanish Second Division B3 being a decent gateway into the Andorra Challenge. That's significantly easier (ha) as they are a solid 70 world rankings ahead of San Marino, so should only take 25 or so years to achieve instead of 40.

Has there ever been a real season that went down to the wire like this?

I had a chance to go top, completely dominated Sydney but lost in typical Jets fashion. 63% possession, 470 completed passes to their 250 attempted, 23 shots... only 7 on target. Looking at stats, had 12 shots from midfield with only 2 from Dimi being on target.

Final round of games is Jets vs Western United and Nix vs WSW. I can go top even if Nix win, just by winning by a at least one more than they do as my Scored is better than theirs.

Also a battle for the spoon in the last round with Perth hosting Mariners.

I just got flogged against WSW 4-0 in my 3rd FFA Cup game, Should've been 6 or 7 nil. Couldn't do anything Jets squad is rubbish this season which reflects real life I guess

love at first sight

All the goals I concede seem to be long hoofs behind slow defenders or bombs from outside the box. Never seem to concede well constructed football goals.

I just got flogged against WSW 4-0 in my 3rd FFA Cup game, Should've been 6 or 7 nil. Couldn't do anything Jets squad is rubbish this season which reflects real life I guess
    What formation are you playing? I was going to say I don't understand how you are getting flogged but I was on the end of a 4-0 thrashing at home against Victory. But still, the FM squad is nicely built, I reckon. Only signing I have made is a central midfielder. Playing a 4231 like we would be without injuries with Wes in behind Arroyo and Fitz/Dimi on the flanks. Fullbacks on attack, overlapping with the wingers playing narrow. Burns and Hoff are top of the assists with 11 and 10 each respectively. And that's why Dimi and Fitz are scoring so many for me because they are coming late on the far post. And Arroyo's main source of goals is getting onto quick breaks behind defenders.

Anyway... job done. 3-1 win on Friday night, helped by Kone getting sent off around the hour mark.

What formation are you playing? I was going to say I don't understand how you are getting flogged but I was on the end of a 4-0 thrashing at home against Victory. But still, the FM squad is nicely built, I reckon. Only signing I have made is a central midfielder. Playing a 4231 like we would be without injuries with Wes in behind Arroyo and Fitz/Dimi on the flanks. Fullbacks on attack, overlapping with the wingers playing narrow. Burns and Hoff are top of the assists with 11 and 10 each respectively. And that's why Dimi and Fitz are scoring so many for me because they are coming late on the far post. And Arroyo's main source of goals is getting onto quick breaks behind defenders.

Anyway... job done. 3-1 win on Friday night, helped by Kone getting sent off around the hour mark.
    4-2-3-1 both CMs and DMs with similar tactics to you but no idea what happened. it was like 3 shots to 17 I couldnt do anything

love at first sight

Yeboah scores in the second minute, Hooper and Conway score for Nix to make it 2-1 after an hour. If they had scored one more, I was done but thankfully some WSW regen scored in the 89th minute. Premiers, woo... and on 49 points. That's less than we got two years ago when we were miles behind Sydney. Would have only got fourth spot last year as well.

4-2-3-1 both CMs and DMs with similar tactics to you but no idea what happened. it was like 3 shots to 17 I couldnt do anything
    I don't play with DM's unless Wes is out or defending a big lead. And even when he is out, I played Fitz at AM a bit. And even if I played with a DM, it was only ever one and still hard pressing, high tempo counter. Never played defensive.

I reckon the squad in game is just a quality CM away from being good. Ugarkovic and Adeyemi were fantastic in first save, Ugarkovic and Alexandre Vincent were fantastic in current save.

2-1 win in the semi final to set up a home grand final... which I am not confident about, regardless of who wins.

Lost Boogaard and Millar before the game. Boogs out for 3 weeks, Millar for 2 months. Burns got murdered in a tackle in the win, out for 3 weeks.

Back line is going to be Hoff/Kanta/Topor/Jackson

Edit - nope. Kanta has suffered an injury. Might be Topor and some youth player. Or maybe move Hoff to the left and Ridenton on the right.
    Last edited by Grimario; 12-11-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Beat the gypos round 1 which is all that matters 3-1. Fitzy and Millar could be a dangerous combo

I won 3-0. Arroyo, Wes and Fitz with goals.

Extended Burns for a second year, Arroyo declined extension though. Kept Theoharous.

Dimi feels he needs to move to a bigger stage so if anyone comes in with $1.5m, he can go. Jowic can play there now anyway.

Italiano and Langlois released plus a bunch of youth.
    Hoping to offload Ridenton, Koutroumbis and Maki Petratos plus two youth players.
    Upgrading Ridenton to Melling who will compete with Ugarkovic and be DM preference over Kanta.

Really need to get a striker in. Hoping to get a decent loan signing in. About to pass 30th June so should be a lot of free agent strikers available.

I won 3-0. Arroyo, Wes and Fitz with goals.

Extended Burns for a second year, Arroyo declined extension though. Kept Theoharous.

Dimi feels he needs to move to a bigger stage so if anyone comes in with $1.5m, he can go. Jowic can play there now anyway.

Italiano and Langlois released plus a bunch of youth.
    Hoping to offload Ridenton, Koutroumbis and Maki Petratos plus two youth players.
    Upgrading Ridenton to Melling who will compete with Ugarkovic and be DM preference over Kanta.

Really need to get a striker in. Hoping to get a decent loan signing in. About to pass 30th June so should be a lot of free agent strikers available.
    Jacob Melling? GEEZUS. Also how does Thurgate develop for you? And sounds like your in season 3 already

Thurgate is trash. So bad I think I released him very early before the first window closed.

And yes, Melling. He's miles better than Ridenton and Kanta. Better defensively than Ugar.

Full game out, started off my long term unemployed nuffy game. Mid July, a club in Swedish Second Division South Svealand offers me a gig. They tell me that I just need to survive relegation and stay within the wage budget. Easy peasy.

I take the job without looking... they are 3-1-13, just one point adrift of safety. Easy peasy.

Except the squad is 1 GK, 4 DC, 5 MC, 1 ST and they are all complete and utter shit. And they are already over wage budget of £235 per week. I figure if I am already going to blow the wage budget, I might as well get an entirely new team... which I do. But that destroys any sense of team cohesion and I come to the last game of the season with my record at 1-1-7. Despite that record, I have still maintained my third last position and though I can't get automatic safety, a win in my final game will at least lock me into a playoff spot against some non-league team. I could even get it with a loss as the teams below are playing 1st and 4th on the ladder. The squad is utter trash, even with the new additions. My top scorer has THREE... the entire club has 12.

Don't see my contract being extended though, regardless of results. I have blown the wage budget by a whopping £101 per week and the club is in £10k debt. So.... farewell AFK Linköping. Thanks for a less than auspicious start to my career!

And yep. Lost 2-0 to seal relegation and immediate sacking. 1 shot on target... story of the half season.
    Last edited by Grimario; 19-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Full game out, started off my long term unemployed nuffy game. Mid July, a club in Swedish Second Division South Svealand offers me a gig. They tell me that I just need to survive relegation and stay within the wage budget. Easy peasy.

I take the job without looking... they are 3-1-13, just one point adrift of safety. Easy peasy.

Except the squad is 1 GK, 4 DC, 5 MC, 1 ST and they are all complete and utter shit. And they are already over wage budget of £235 per week. I figure if I am already going to blow the wage budget, I might as well get an entirely new team... which I do. But that destroys any sense of team cohesion and I come to the last game of the season with my record at 1-1-7. Despite that record, I have still maintained my third last position and though I can't get automatic safety, a win in my final game will at least lock me into a playoff spot against some non-league team. I could even get it with a loss as the teams below are playing 1st and 4th on the ladder. The squad is utter trash, even with the new additions. My top scorer has THREE... the entire club has 12.

Don't see my contract being extended though, regardless of results. I have blown the wage budget by a whopping £101 per week and the club is in £10k debt. So.... farewell AFK Linköping. Thanks for a less than auspicious start to my career!

And yep. Lost 2-0 to seal relegation and immediate sacking. 1 shot on target... story of the half season.
    Wow that's rough. Players not listening or just shit

Wow that's rough. Players not listening or just shit
    Players shit... but I also jumped into it ready to use my successful tactic from the Jets game in beta. Apparently you need to be able to hit a 5m pass though for that to work and this lot were terrible. After 6 losses, I switched to route one but my striker couldn't score in a brother with a fistful of fifties.

Some astoundingly bad tactical nous on my behalf though.