Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

update

Now 19 games into the season

had the expected dip and find myself clinging onto fourth position, united the khunts recalled powell (but silly me put it as one of the stipulations of the loan) and i have been struggling ever since in the midfield department and can't wait for january, especially because i have just recieved 7 million for jack rodwell from city because he has played 5 internationals.

as i dosed of to sleep in the early hours of the morning my next match was a quarter final in the carling cup against wolves.

if you looking for a decent team in the prem to play with and want a good challenge than everton is your go.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    That was not a typical Grimario Jets play. For the season just gone, they were around 78% passing accuracy over 18,000 passes for the season. Think it averages out to 666 attempted passes per game...
    Got a Lord Griff goal against coastie scum that I am uploading that shows the patience I have my team play with. Starts with a hoof from Birra but then it's about 40 seconds of passing in and around the box, including both full backs and finishes with a cross from right back for Lord Griff to tap home.

Anyone playing in A-League wanting an awesome Australian left back, get the macedonian national left back... Danijel Georgievski. Australian born, played for Marconi yoof way back apparently.

Also, Chris Grossman is the best Mr Versatile that is not with a HAL club at the start.

Last edited by Grimario; 14-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Keep the updates coming guys, this is awesome! :-)

taking a shit load of ps3 games to eb games tomorrow, trading them in for FM13.... probably still have to pay a little bit but thats ok

Good stuff weston! I'm sure you will enjoy it as we all do

LATEST FM career blog entry - “4-Point February” - http://t.co/oWq56mY9
    Homepage - http://t.co/6YGl7kcA

Sad day.

End of may, 2015.

Tiago is set to leave the club after turning down new contract offer.
    Heskey is set to leave the club after turning down new contract offer.

End of season fitness/training report - "Joel Griffiths has declined significantly as a football this year" and Ryan is potentially declining.

Good thing I have picked up a few regens, one who I am sure gets his name from an Aussie futsal legend.

Aussie squad announced. Jerks have 8 players in the national team
    Also have 11 in U21 squad.

And GvE thinks he prefers youth players

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Either kick the Knights out or hold a Motocross during their season just for a laugh
    Might have to start charging them rent.

Club took out a £65,000,000 to cover the stadium purchase. Feck.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    so in regards to transfers and stuff in the hal..

is transfer budget just how much money you've got left to buy players, and wage budget is how much cap space for the entire year you've got left? and where do staff wages come from? or is that all apart of it?
    yo grim - explain me through the budgets.

also, if I want to sign Joel griff as an aust marquee, do I have to use the wages allocated in said budgets?
    OK

yo grim - explain me through the budgets.

also, if I want to sign Joel griff as an aust marquee, do I have to use the wages allocated in said budgets?
    Transfer budget is how much you can spend to buy people.
    Wage budget is inclusive of staff and not representative of your salary cap. If you go to your squad screen and click on Squad Registration, it will tell you what your salary cap "wage budget" is.

You can sign griff on whatever the club will allow as max wages, even if it puts you over. Only issue might be if it puts you HEAPS over your wage budget, you might have the board constantly saying "we need you to reduce your wages" or something.

is what the club would allow as max wage just the max amount that comes up in the drop-down menu for weekly wage offer in the negotiations screen?
    OK

is what the club would allow as max wage just the max amount that comes up in the drop-down menu for weekly wage offer in the negotiations screen?
    Yep. Think for non-marquees it might be fixed, think £3,100 is the most you can offer a "First Team" non-marquee player. Not sure how far it goes up for marquees.

Tinks is stepping down.

"will have delighted Leyton Orient supporters after leading his team to promotion this season. #FM2012"

Now to wrap up the League Title, 4 point lead with 4 matches remaining...

played a few more preseason games. convincingly beat a few sydney state league teams, and then came up against an apia leichardt side featuring franco parisi & jesse pinto. i know what's going through your head right now, and the answer is yes - parisi scored a double to send me home on the back of a 2-1 loss.

every game i get deans in my ear telling me that the players can't get motivated with jobe as captain, and he's not doing anything great so i'm thinking of dropping him & putting kanta as my captain (bridges reckons either kanta or himself should be captain).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Good stuff weston! I'm sure you will enjoy it as we all do

LATEST FM career blog entry - “4-Point February” - http://t.co/oWq56mY9
    Homepage - http://t.co/6YGl7kcA
    Had to pay an extra $20. Installing now. The guy at EB gave my a "Pre Order Reward" with it. I thought it was pretty cool, he said he didn't know what it was but its something for free anyway. I get home and open the case to investigate, Pre Order reward is an offer to access the BETA version 2 weeks before the full game release which expires the following monday after the games release.... I bet he knew exactly what it was and is rolling on the floor in the shop laughing because i sounded rather happy about the reward..... c**t.

10 games into the championship season with Leeds and sitting pretty at the top. 7 wins 2 draws and a loss. manager of the month for september and Tom Lees got young player of the month. can say im pretty happy with how things are going so far

Nice one tommy_v!
    Oh and weston, that post made me piss. Can imagine old mate at the games store doing the same, as you described. Poor bloke, ahhh well the game will soothe your soul

every game i get deans in my ear telling me that the players can't get motivated with jobe as captain, and he's not doing anything great so i'm thinking of dropping him & putting kanta as my captain (bridges reckons either kanta or himself should be captain).
    It's because Wheelhouse is proper shit in the game. Zadko is worse as well, I think. They were both dropped instantly for me, no time for sentiment when you are planning to win the ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    It's because Wheelhouse is proper shit in the game. Zadko is worse as well, I think. They were both dropped instantly for me, no time for sentiment when you are planning to win the ACL.
    I have him playing as Deep Lying Playmaker and he's one of the best performers in my team?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I have him playing as Deep Lying Playmaker and he's one of the best performers in my team?
    He couldn't get a starting role ahead of Cooper, Brown, Kanta, Brillante or Grossman (who I brought in) in my game. Might have random stats.