Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    That'll do me till the game is out and bugs are fixed. Looking at the squad, every single player except Donachie and Champness (because they are on loan?) expires at the end of May whilst the season finishes at the end of June.
    Aleague bugs take ages to fix

That'll do me till the game is out and bugs are fixed. Looking at the squad, every single player except Donachie and Champness (because they are on loan?) expires at the end of May whilst the season finishes at the end of June.
    Well, maybe the contracts will somehow be extended. Well, the team will not give up the competition a month before the end of the season. It would be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Aleague bugs take ages to fix
    Surprising to no one... game released, obvious bug not fixed.

Does that fix for the contracts issue I seen you mention on reddit work?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Dunno, never used it as he put it up after I had already started my unemployed career game.

Which started with Íþróttafélagið Vestri, a team that was in the second division of Iceland. Club vision was sign players U23 to feature in the first team which was easy enough to do. Lots of top division players not quite good enough getting released and a few foreigners that filled some gaps. Expectation was top half with push to promotion in second season and after hovering on the cusp of promotion, the July transfer window added just a little bit of quality to go 7-1-0 after it closed and sneak into top spot.

Second season, same club vision with a competition target of don't get relegated. Offloaded a few of the players not good enough to make the jump up and signed a dozen or so starting quality or bench depth to fill out the squad. Iceland must be a pretty shit league because that's meant I am top after 6 games with my star Argentinan striker scoring 13 in the league already.

Don't see much of a future with the club as the town has a population of <3000 people and crowds of 400 mean the club is not financially viable, at all. Only spending 6k of a 9k wage budget and I don't see any dramatic improvement in sponsorship, attendance, TV coverage or even prize money to keep the club afloat... unless there is some sweet, sweet cash for European football.

I have also dabbled in international management, taking the reigns of American Samoa for a year before being poached by Cote D'Ivoire who are yet to play a game.

Dunno, never used it as he put it up after I had already started my unemployed career game.

Which started with Íþróttafélagið Vestri, a team that was in the second division of Iceland. Club vision was sign players U23 to feature in the first team which was easy enough to do. Lots of top division players not quite good enough getting released and a few foreigners that filled some gaps. Expectation was top half with push to promotion in second season and after hovering on the cusp of promotion, the July transfer window added just a little bit of quality to go 7-1-0 after it closed and sneak into top spot.

Second season, same club vision with a competition target of don't get relegated. Offloaded a few of the players not good enough to make the jump up and signed a dozen or so starting quality or bench depth to fill out the squad. Iceland must be a pretty shit league because that's meant I am top after 6 games with my star Argentinan striker scoring 13 in the league already.

Don't see much of a future with the club as the town has a population of <3000 people and crowds of 400 mean the club is not financially viable, at all. Only spending 6k of a 9k wage budget and I don't see any dramatic improvement in sponsorship, attendance, TV coverage or even prize money to keep the club afloat... unless there is some sweet, sweet cash for European football.

I have also dabbled in international management, taking the reigns of American Samoa for a year before being poached by Cote D'Ivoire who are yet to play a game.
    Ive bought the game and tried the fix and seems to fix things. Won the regular season as the Jets and about to hit finals.

Got rid of Bernie and Ledley.

Signed Burke the young guy, Yuel and Duncan and then signed Nick Dagostino from perth mid season and this 4 and a half star Brazillian CAM, Enjoying the new game but maybe once again too easy as no way my squad should be winning the comp
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Just lost in the grand final because we let them have two easy goals then lost in pens................................... ****ing Mark Rudan as well

love at first sight

7 games to go in the league and still clinging on to top spot. With a flurry of midweek games on account of a great cup run, I had 3 league games in a row without a win but have come good with back to back wins. Have Icelandic Cup Final up in my next fixture and hopefully with only two midweek games in the final 7, I can hold on.

I have lost my DL for the rest of the season so I have brought back the guy who played every game last season in the first division... he's not very good but has somehow got mid 7's average in his games so far.

Edit

Won the cup, qualified for EURO II.
    Champions with two games to spare - bumped up to Champions League 1st Qualifying round. Huzzah.

Forgot to say that Gabriel Popovic was one of my mid season signings. Meant I had a good back up striker and would occasionally let me play with two up front. He's now scored 8 in 9 games to go with my star striker's 30 in 30, so a pair up front is working well.

Really going to need to invest if we are to make some cash in Europe. I think I have maybe 5 players that would be good enough to make the Jets squad, never mind good enough to get into European football proper.
    Last edited by Grimario; 07-12-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Just made my first signing and first real blunder with Vestri... signed an amazing English left back called Max Melbourne. Forgot England was no longer EU.

Feck.

Just made my first signing and first real blunder with Vestri... signed an amazing English left back called Max Melbourne. Forgot England was no longer EU.

Feck.
    Hahahaha. Brexit will tough from an English perspective this year

I dunno why but I am going to go bankrupt because of scouting costs. I have a tiny budget set (<£20k) yet have spent over £300k last season and £220k this season to date... and we haven't even had a league game yet.

I have canceled every single assignment (including next opposition), fired the scouts I could and bam, £0 per month scouting. Already spent £312k this year. FFS.

Have won in the Champions Cup Champions Path First Qualifying Round and Second Qualifying Round against Dinamo Brest from Belarus and Odds BK from Norway... and about to get smashed by Club Brugge. They have only 6 players who earn less than my entire squad combined. Mignolet is their GK and he is on £75k a week. My top earner is on £550.

Finished work, played games.

0-1 at home, 2-2 away. Should have been much, much worse. I had 2 shots to 19 at home and 21 to 4 away. Happy to concede only 3 goals from 40 shots.
    I've drawn Genk in the EURO Cup Playoff so there might yet be European football for Vestri.

And I got over £1m just for getting through two rounds, so that's almost my debt wiped.
    Last edited by Grimario; 15-12-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Holy shit biscuits.

2-2 away, 3-2 at home. Through to Euro Cup.

£255k for winning the tie, £2.66m for the Group Stage. We are in the black.

Fired this up after Christmas break. Have been named most improved team in Europe - moving up 346 places to crack the top 250.

Club is also now Professional and over £2m in the black.

Time to move on from Iceland. Invincible season complete.

Made it to the group stage of Champions League after getting dream draws all the way through qualifying. Tidy little £15m for the club.

Finished last 0-1-5 record with some spirited displays against Juventus, Benfica and Valencia. Worst result was 4-1 away to Juve and 3-1 at home to Valencia. Held Benfica to a draw at home that probably should have been a win but left midfielder got sent off and we conceded two after he left the pitch. Should have had a draw away as well but one of my centre backs got sent off with 5 to go and we conceded at 90+5. Am now responsible for the lowest attendance of all time (5,529) and the worst discipline (52 yellow, 2 red) in the history of the comp.

About to play the African Cup of Nations and I think I will say goodbye to Cote D'Ivoire after I win.

Is Luka Prso in this year's FM?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is Luka Prso in this year's FM?
    He's just appeared in fifa 21
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He's just appeared in fifa 21
    Yeah, lower rated then I expected as well

love at first sight

The new game is out.

Jets go alright. Sure, it's against Wingham FC and in pre-season, but it's a bit ridiculous.

The new game is out.

Jets go alright. Sure, it's against Wingham FC and in pre-season, but it's a bit ridiculous.

I played early access, Aleague had soo many squad registration bugs, Have they been fixed?

love at first sight