Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Ahahah... would have been funny if I had got that

sorry my personal gripe - scheiss redbull...

mates came visited us in Aarau for the weekend from Austria Salzburg.
    Amigos Aarau

Well, you will be happy to know I beat them 2-0 at some stadium in Norrkoping that wasn't my home one... it only has space for 2000 and only 250 seats.

Have to squeeze in a weekend league game and then travel to Salzburg to finish the job during the week.

haha nice
    Amigos Aarau

Destroyed the ****ers away. 27 shots to 8. Complete reversal of the home leg where they dominated me but didn't score. Won 2-1, 4-1 on aggregate.

Rosenborg I think is the last obstacle to actual Champions League... and their squad looks trash compared to that other team that doesn't exist.

I am 7-1 up at HT in the second game, so I think I am in CL proper. Rosenborg are proper shit.

Club Brugge came in with a £7.5m offer for my left winger. He turned them down Apparently he loves me and the club and doesn't want to part.
    Last edited by Grimario; 20-12-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I am 7-1 up at HT in the second game, so I think I am in CL proper. Rosenborg are proper shit.

Club Brugge came in with a £7.5m offer for my left winger. He turned them down Apparently he loves me and the club and doesn't want to part.
    Your killing it mate. Im trying to leave my club but no one wants to hire someone who has never gotten a club promoted. So I'll have to do that first

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Your killing it mate. Im trying to leave my club but no one wants to hire someone who has never gotten a club promoted. So I'll have to do that first
    It's just a reputation thing. Get a promotion and you can start sniffing at slightly better leagues. Get a few more promotions and you will have League One or higher level coming for ya.

Just got £13.5m for qualifying. Board used the money to pay for the stadium and nada for transfers. Going to have to make do.

It's just a reputation thing. Get a promotion and you can start sniffing at slightly better leagues. Get a few more promotions and you will have League One or higher level coming for ya.

Just got £13.5m for qualifying. Board used the money to pay for the stadium and nada for transfers. Going to have to make do.
    Sounds like Arsenal haha

Celtic, Red Bull Leipzig and Spurs. Well, UEFA should be fun.

FC Basel have come in with a near release clause bid for Aouchiche... and his agent feedback is "he has no interest in joining FC Basel". They then came back with a release clause bid and he told them to get stuffed. Excellent
    Likewise, my star regen striker (not the Aussie) has VfB Stuttgart making bids his way but he has no interest in joining them either. They have rejected my £10m evaluation of him so hopefully they are gone.

Nope, never mind. They came in again for £3.8m and rejected again.
    My right fullback had Empoli offering £350k per month to LOAN him.... then buying him for £1 at the end of the loan period. That seems like a poor deal.

And finally, a transfer I want... my 4th choice DM/MC is off to Odd on loan for 100% of his wage.

Walked the league comfortably, winning with 4 games to spare. Broke season points tally, scored 88 goals in 30 games to set goals scored record. Definitely need to move though I really want the stadium named after me... which might happen having just been confirmed as a CLUB LEGEND. Stadium is due to be complete in 5 weeks game time.

Celtic, Red Bull Leipzig and Spurs. Well, UEFA should be fun.
    Going better than I thought it would. Thrashed Celtic in Scotland, had a draw against RB Leipzig, conceding a last minute goal, and was competitive against Spurs until my S. Korean centre back thought a knee high tackle through Tanguy Ndombele would be a good move. Ended up losing 4-1... and expecting a similar when I travel to London next game. Bummed that third place doesn't end up in the next cup down as it looks likely that I will finish third. Kane is currently tearing me apart whilst I write this post - currently down 2-1 at HT. For some reason, they are kicking lumps out of me instead of just being much better footballers. They're also doing the football thing much better with nearly 60% possession and double the shots at goal. Aouchiche scored the goal for us after a tackle on my striker went right to him.

Have £12m in transfer budget and £130k per week available to spend... but can't find the right players to fill the squad. I really want to sign the Brazilian DL I have on loan but they want £17.75m and he is also on £19k per week which is double my highest earning player.

- My Swedish keeper is growing into gun and might even start pushing for the starting gig next year as my Korean hits 34 years old. Have to decide if I offload the old bloke in favour of the kid and get someone even younger and Swedish as back up. That would solve 2 of 9 Swedish requirements.
    - Right back is sorted... David Ngoma is fantastic. Canadian Swede, Jake Weisbrod, seems happy enough being back up and can cover right and left sides, so that might be the way to go there unless I can find a decent youth. I finally got a half decent intake and the right back/mid isn't awful, so maybe he is a longer term prospect.
    - Centre backs are good but both foreign. The Korean is wanted by Serie A sides, so maybe £7m will see him bought out. I suspect my Dane will be here next season despite having lots of interest earlier in the year. He suffered an ankle injury that saw him miss 4 months so hasn't even feature in Champions League. No one is interested in him now but he is definitely the one I would prefer to sell. 4 years older, not as good... and I am sure I could replace him with a Swedish player.
    - Left back I still have the Norwegian as back up (and can cover both sides) but I am going to miss the Brazilian. He's a dribbling machine down the left, amazing tackler and passer and links perfectly with my Serbian winger. Probably easily replaced but he's a fan favourite after just half a season.
    - My young French DMC is developing into a better player than my Macedonian/Swedish DMC, so looking more likely to need to find Swedes to take the other line up spots. The best Swedish DL is in the Milan youth set up, earning way more than I can pay and nowhere near good enough for them... but he has no interest in playing for me.
    - Right winger is also nailed on. Brazilian youth poached by a Swedish club at a young age so counts as HGN. Him and Ngoma are a great pairing. I don't really have a proper back up but Victor Dawa is Mr Versatile and covers DMC, MR and MC when needed, so that might do. The Norwegian that I picked up years ago is now HGN but just hasn't developed as I had hoped, so he is off in a few weeks.
    - Aouchiche is amazing in midfield. Going to be the player of the year in the league, averaging 7.97 with 19 goals and 14 assists in all competitions. Dawa deputises here as well along with my Swedish back up left winger and a few regens that are okay but not spectacular.
    - Left wing I have an abundance of players. My Serbian regen is the highest valued of all my players and is an absolute gun for this level. 13-15 for all the Winger relevant attributes. The other real Serbian (Mitar Ergelas) is an almost carbon copy of the regen but with 10-14 for all those attributes. He's actually better technically and mentally but physically, he's not as good. The more I look at him, the more I think I could retrain him as a left back and not have to worry about signing anyone. Also have a Swedish squadie that covers here and MC.
    - Up front, Frenchie and Aussie regens are still going great. French bloke has 22 in 28 and Aussie has 15 in 29. My young uns have 3 in 6, 5 in 7 and 4 in 7, mostly in cup and bench efforts whilst previous seasons Argie legend has been disappointing with just 2 goals in 14. He is wanted by Valenciennes and 1860 Munchen, so hopefully he will be off in the window.

Kane has his hat trick thanks to a VAR awarded penalty. Sucks just like in the real world.

I have the South East Asian Championships coming up with Singapore now as well. Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia... and I expect to smash them all. Sadly, the squad rules mean I can't play anyone not based in SEA, so my star player, Perry Ng, who is at Leicester in game, won't be carrying the team on his shoulders.

Aouchiche grabs a brace after my Frenchie striker sets him up beautifully before getting smashed in a tackle by Jason Denayer. Yay for advantage. Well, there goes any hope I had. Brazilian left back has been sent off and I had to replace my injured Frenchie with my last sub, so last 17 minutes are a man down.
    Victor Osmihen seals it for them, 4-2. Well, maybe South African regen that came on for Frenchie pulls one back. And nope, Dele Alli makes it 5-3 at full time. Good game though, not embarrassed and again competitive till the red card.

Same again with RB Leipzig. Competitive, even almost dominant till centre back gets sent off. Was 1-1, lost 3-1.
    Going to smash Celtic in the final game.

Topped the group in SEA Cup. Massive win against Philppines and Vietnam, 2-1 over Indonesia and a draw with Thailand. Drew Myanmar in the semi final and smashed them 4-0 in the first leg away, so looking like I meet Indonesia again in the final. Hoping to win my first cup internationally before I head to the Asian Cup and get murdered by Australia, Kuwait and Syria. Tough group.

Hopefully there's an interesting news item about me being an Australian manager against my home country.
    Last edited by Grimario; 22-12-2019 at 06:35 PM.

are the jets and the a-league worth having a go at on fm20 ? I had fm16 and we wern't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    are the jets and the a-league worth having a go at on fm20 ? I had fm16 and we wern't too bad
    Hard work but fun if you can succed
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    I would recommend binning the A League unless you get a custom mod for Pro Rel and major league expansion.

Finished third season. Won the league and got promoted. My top striker got 20 goals. However I've quit as I'm over this team and Sweden and want a new challenge

I'm not going to sign a new contract. I'm about as good as I can possibly get the team, have slowly built up a decent youth set up and nearing a 10k seater stadium. The club's in a really good spot so I'm happy to move on.

Just hit the July transfer window in 2027.

- The Swedish GK pushed his way into the starting spot midway through the first half of the season and my Korean was still highly valued so managed to cash in on him with Braga forking out £750k on a 34yo. Tidy business. Have no decent back up with all my youth prospects being pretty shit, but at least I don't take up a foreign spot in the squad for either of them.
    - Right back gun is still a gun. Sold the Canadian guy when a club in Iceland offered £110k. Either sided Norwegian is still an excellent back up but hasn't had a sniff at a starting spot on left or right.
    - Left side I decided to splash some of my transfer kitty. Swedish youth international was at Milan. I declared interest, put in a miserly bid, got rejected. Unsettled him. Went and watched a few games. Got my youth GK to tell him how good he would be for the club. Handed in a transfer request, got him for only £7m, significantly less than Milan were asking. Suckers. He's gone on to get two caps so far and is close to my best overall player.
    - Korean and Danish DC's still at club with neither being bid on. I picked up a French centre back from the 2nd Division in France and he has turned out to be an absolute steal. Brandon Soppy... 17 years old IRL, plays for the French U17 squad and is apparently a target for Wolves. Wish he was Swedish as he takes up a spot just like they do but was a great bargain and is pushing for a starting spot too. Managed to cash in on a bunch of the not so good back ups. The Serb went to Rosenborg for £250k, one of the Swedes went to Portugal for £275k and the other dropped to the Dutch second division for £30k. I replaced them with Soppy (£105k) and a highly rated 17yo Swede from Helsingborg for £650k.
    - I've kind of moved on from playing a DM as my squad is strong enough top to bottom to walk the league... but my Macedonian Swede has dropped down to second choice behind the French regen if I ever need to play that way in Europe. I picked up a 91 scouted DM from Zurich for £850k and he is going to end up as HGN in a few years and can play MC if needed. He's off to FC Thun on loan so hopefully come back much improved.
    - Right wing was my Brazil Swedish regen, still tearing shit up. Averaging 7.58, 6 goals, 5 assists in 19 games... and then Shenzen came in and offered him lots and lots of money. Sold for £6m up front, £1.5m over 12 months and 50% of any future fee. They are paying him £61k a week so I was never going to compete with that. I have a ready made replacement in a French regen winger/striker that I got in on loan on deadline day earlier in the year and he now frees up a striking spot. I also picked up an Albanian Swedish regen from Osters IF for £200k. He'd just turned 17, so hoping he can grow a little and provide an option on the right.
    - Auochiche is bossing the league. Averaging 8.01, he's the guy that makes the entire squad tick. Playing him now as a creative mid alongside Victor Dawa who is the engine as box to box. The Macedonian backs them both up and Brazilian sits behind them in the pecking order again because of the Fgn squad rules.
    - Serbian left winger still plays ahead of my other Serbian left winger. Also picked up a youth Swedish winger from a lower division club - IF Brommapojkarna - and he looks my brightest HGN prospect by far.
    - Up front was all sorted. French Regen and Aussie Regen. Right and Left combo. And then Bordeaux came in with a big offer and he demanded to speak to them. £5m up front, £2.5m over 3 years and 30% of next fee. Board was ecstatic, fans were devastated... so I went and found the best South American prospect, a 97 rated striker, and lumped £11.75m on him. Except I didn't factor in that he wasn't 18 yet, so he only JUST arrived in the July window. I picked up the French winger/striker on loan as a bit of a deadline day desperation and signed the highest rated free transfer Swedish striker available. All of this whilst completely forgetting that the young Egyptian and South African kids would soon be getting their HGN status as well. The Argie hero from a few seasons was never close to even fifth choice so he left for a low fee but 50% of next fee clause. And all of this was not enough to placate my board who put in a "sigh high profile players" requirement that I completely missed.

I've picked up a versatile Swedish MC/ST as well but the real big signing of January, apart from the Brazilian striker, is a Swedish real life youth international, Jack Lahne. In game, he turned out pretty amazing but the French side he was with got relegated, so I snapped him up on a very cheap £3.6m. The Brazilian is labelled the NEXT RONALDO and Lahne is considered a "national hero", so I've managed to meet the high profile requirement without meaning to. I have a crazy abundance of strikers but Aussie will be off with Borussia, Guanzhou, Rangers and Roma all lumping £7.5m + 50% for his services, so he will go to one of them. Swedish hero and Ronaldo up front seems like a pretty decent replacement.

I had a solid performance with Singapore at the Asian Cup. Beat Kuwait (2-0) and Syria (3-0) and held Australia to only a 2-1 victory, enough to see me through. Destroyed North Korea 6-0 but Iran was far too strong for me, knocking me out 3-1 in the QF. They beat Australia in the SF and went on to beat South Korea in the final. Would have thought only SF would be enough to see Gertjan Verbeek get the flick but he still has the job which I was hoping to take. Didn't matter though as I was shortly after poached by Colombia, world #10. I haven't had a competitive fixture yet but have taken care of Morocco (8-0) and South Korea (7-2) so far. Some good tests coming up against Spain and Holland in the September international break.

I have a crazy abundance of strikers but Aussie will be off with Borussia, Guanzhou, Rangers and Roma all lumping £7.5m + 50% for his services, so he will go to one of them. Swedish hero and Ronaldo up front seems like a pretty decent replacement.
    Worried I might be selling an absolute gun (whose finishing is only 8...) because Norwich, Olympique Lyonnaise, Wolves and Sporting Lisbon have all come in with £11m + 50% offers.

And to make matters worse, Swedish Hero just sprained his knee, 4-6 weeks out and the new Ronaldo who came on to replace him in the game strained his groin, 3 weeks.

He's scored 3 in 21 for Wolves, so maybe not up to the level.

Ended up walking the league comfortably. Invincible season, 28-2-0. Finished last in Champs League group with Liverpool, Porto and Leverkusen as opponents. Did manage to win against Porto and Leverkusen at home but 4 losses, including a pair of 4 goal conceded thumpings against Liverpool meant no 3rd placed Europa for me.
    The New Ronaldo was pretty good... 13 in 22. French loan guy signed on for a second year loan extension after scoring 16 in 36 and Swedish Hero was pretty solid with 11 in 22 with 7 assists thrown in.

But that was enough. Never going to big enough to win CL or even Europa so with contract coming to an end, I started looking for jobs.
    The Jets sacked Kevin Muscat which I thought was perfect timing but I applied and was told that assistant manager, Mitch Nichols, was going to be given a chance to prove he was good enough to take the gig.
    So I thought I would move to England and accepted a job at Altrincham in the Vanarama North. The squad is shit, there is no budget, the youth set up is atrocious... so a perfect challlenge. My first three games in charge include conceding a last minute equaliser, scoring a last minute equaliser and a 3-0 flogging of Hartlepool, despite my left back getting a very early red.

Patrick Kluivert has taken over at my old club and already looks like he is slashing and burning. Serbian back up left winger, French centre back, Danish centre back and 3 or 4 of the other squad players are all transfer listed.