Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Stanny, ever had any issues with weird contract timing? Moss retired so I was in the market for a new GK and there were 3 fantastic looking 22-25 year old Fgn keepers available. The best of the lot agreed to terms but then it rocks up and tells me he is due to join the club on 31st December! It's like the game hasn't even registered the current transfer window and is lumping me with signings in 5 months time Can't even sign Australian players, they get the same join date.

All the signings I made before the window opened are fine... Buhagiar has joined and I picked up Tyrese Francoise from Fulham on a free as well... but as it stands, I can't get a GK in and my youth keeper is now starting. Going to see if a Loan gets past this issue.
    YEP its ****ed. ive got this with my new foreign striker. No Idea how its happened
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Got a loan GK in... who is far superior to the guy I was signing. Unfortunately he is costing 2k a week... so only on loan till the window arrives.

Oh and all backup squaddies wanting close to 4k a week

Boogaard and the Hoff were both happy to take reduced salaries with one week left before departure. Hoff was a good option to keep, Boogs is now FA.

Will Keane after his top scorer year (19 in all comps) has just been called up to and scored his first goal for Northern Ireland. Not bad for a Man Utd prospect, I guess.

Changi Airport is a great layover spot for a few hours of FM.

Mali won the African Nations Cup in 2019, qualifying for the 2021 Confed Cup. Unfortunately, it's on at the same time as the 2021 ACN, so Mali B will be playing in the Confed Cup.

I left the jets and now manage st Mirren in the SPL

I'm now the Socceroos manager. Albert Zaccheroni was sacked after a 0-0-3 confederation cup, including an 8-0 loss to Brazil.

Arnold left Socceroos after first season when Muscat got the sack and took over MV

I'm now the Socceroos manager. Albert Zaccheroni was sacked after a 0-0-3 confederation cup, including an 8-0 loss to Brazil.

Arnold left Socceroos after first season when Muscat got the sack and took over MV
    Your kidding Albert Zaccheroni that bloke coached the socceroos in my save as well
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

It's amazing how good Jackson is in game.

It's amazing how good Jackson is in game.
    Agreed

the whole trasnfer window registration is a little bit screwed with me at the moment too...

I.e Transfer window is closed, I sign a free agent, yet he doesnt sign on until january.

However the competition final registration window is then afterwards... Annoying...
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    the whole trasnfer window registration is a little bit screwed with me at the moment too...

I.e Transfer window is closed, I sign a free agent, yet he doesnt sign on until january.

However the competition final registration window is then afterwards... Annoying...
    Its a bug I think

love at first sight

Just had this guy come in through my youth intake. Instantly into starting line up next to Jackson.

And instantly upgraded to senior contract for 4 years. He has the highest potential in the squad according to my Ass Man and is also good enough to go straight into Socceroos.

WTF

Just had this guy come in through my youth intake. Instantly into starting line up next to Jackson.

And instantly upgraded to senior contract for 4 years. He has the highest potential in the squad according to my Ass Man and is also good enough to go straight into Socceroos.

WTF
    holy shit

love at first sight

I won't get to see him develop as I have accepted a new roll at Preston North End, battling relegation in the Championship. Zero transfer budget for January window, £70k over wage budget, £10m loss season to date.

Nigel Clough was the manager. He had a decent start, unbeaten in the first month but then a bit of a roller coaster... 5 losses, 2 wins and a draw to end of September 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses for October... and then winless till sacking in January. I've gone 3 wins, 3 draws since taking over so out of relegation zone for now.

Letting the club captain go as he appears to have pissed off everyone in the dressing room and the fans, so my first act was to punt him and receive a huge boost to fan and dressing room approval. I then managed to galvanise the support of the squad after one player tried to force a move to the Prem League and the rest of the squad supported me over him. Hoping that getting upper mid table might be enough to satisfy him as he looks to be pretty great.

4 games to go, safety confirmed. 14 points clear of relegation, 13 points behind the playoff spots. Firmly entrenched in mid table, one spot behind media prediction at start of season but hopefully can crack top 10 with a strong final 4 games. Two against relegation battlers, two against teams pushing playoff spots.

Comfortably securing promotion in second season.

At Asian Cup now... SF against SK.

Starting line up

Ryan
    Jets Regen - Sainsbury - L. Jackson (yep) - Gersbach
    Luongo - Adelaide Regen
    Arzani - Rogic - Mabil
    Jets Regen

That Jets regen DC would be starting too but is suspended. There's Victory, Glory and two City regens on the bench as well.

Am almost certainly going to lose. Scraped 1-0 against Japan, got thrashed by Qatar and smashed Palestine in the groups and snuck by Saudi Arabia in the second round before destroying Syria.

Picked up FM2020, having a mess around in the beta.

Turns out all the Jets need to be decent is to sign Tom Adeyemi on a free transfer and not have any injuries.

Also Jowic is "on sabbatical" till 30th June 2020 but was somehow eligible to randomly play in ONE of the FFA cup fixtures.
    Last edited by Grimario; 09-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Picked up FM2020, having a mess around in the beta.

Turns out all the Jets need to be decent is to sign Tom Adeyemi on a free transfer and not have any injuries.
    Did you start in the ACL, I did and had all our good youth players as different roles. Langois was a striker

love at first sight