Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Back into FM after a busy weekend and my star man has decided to stay and accept a new contract after no-one was interested. Expecting 15+ goals from him this year
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

The Melbourne City job came up but didn't really tickle my fancy. I think I might hang around one more year, try and win the Euro Cup II, see how I can go in Champions Cup when it opens mid-season.

Have had a relatively quiet off season.

Signed my on loan left winger permanently when his deal expires, but he's back to Red Star for a few months before he returns.
    Offloaded Jamal Reiners and a versatile central def/mid to a team in Finland and finally said farewell to my centre back that's been around since I started the climb. He's not cut out for top division so can go back to starring in the one below.
    Loaned out my only decent youth player and a third choice DL who has refused a transfer for a while.

Other signings include a South Korean international GK, a regen striker to add some depth and a Danish youth international centre back to replace the other loan signing I had from Red Star who decided to sign for Panathinaikos instead of us. I have a bid out for a versatile either sided fullback and have two other <20yo players coming in at the end of their contracts in July.

Beat Vit. Guimarães in the 1st Knockout stage but have a tough ask against Lokomotiv Moscow who have a dozen players earning more than my entire squad combined.

Beat Lokomotiv Moscow 3-2 on aggregate but Brondby IF was just too good. They have two regens who tore me to shreds. Winger with 18 pace, striker with 16 pace and 18 finishing. Lost 5-2 on aggregate.
    Didn't help that my star striker tore his hamstring and the back up striker I got in during the transfer window couldn't be registered for the Euro squad

Got the versatile fullback in and turns out he is significantly better than my starting fullback with bags of potential too.
    Got offered another Korean international, this one a regen youth centre back, and he cost peanuts, despite being much better than both my starters. His regen face looks more like Shannon Noll than a Korean kid though.
    Also picked up a Nigerian youth international from a rival on deadline day. They let him go for £12k after he refused to sign a new contract and is valued at over £100k, so felt like a silly thing to pass up. He covers both wings and all three midfield rows in the middle of the park, so good versatility.

Still a bit light on Swedish players... only have 12 in my entire squad, so a few injuries could see me struggle at squad requirements. Might see if I can pick up a few free transfers to fill the reserves squad up.

Start to the league season and I have been FM'd twice already.

21 shots to 5 against IK Sirius... 2-2.
    22 shots to 11 against Malmo FF... 2-1 loss.

Really missing my Argentine. He's more than 50% on target and a 1 goal in 6 shots kinda guy.... and he averages just over 6 shots per game. He is still out for another 6-8 weeks (ha) and I might be out of a job by then if I maintain this same terrible form.

Reckon I am done for. Currently losing 2-0. Conceded the opening goal off my GK's head after it ricocheted off the post. 18 shots to 6. 19th shot goal, woo. But finished 2-1, 22 shots to 9.
    Last edited by Grimario; 09-12-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Panicked a bit early, apparently. After my 5 game 0-2-3 stretch, I have gone 7-1-0. Don't know if it was just a slow bedding in of new players into my tactics or being un-FM'd, but my Norwegian back up striker has found his shooting boots and knocked in 5 from 8 games.
    It's my Swedish striker that's the real problem. He scored 17 in 27 league games last year and has only managed 1 in 12 so far this season. He might be the one that drops back to the bench when my Argie bloke returns.

Star player gone. Real San Sebastian, the FM non-real name for Real Sociedad, came in with a £1.8m offer which was his minimum fee release clause. His replacement is a decent but not quite as good French midfielder that I picked up for £15k in the last window, so hopefully that works out

I also forgot to mention that I picked up the Singapore job. The previous manager resigned after four losses in a row.

4-1 victory my first game against Brunei in the Asian Cup qualifers. Have Philippines and Palestine as the other teams in the group so getting to the next phase will be a struggle.

you guys running FM20 yeah?

im still on FM18 (the copy I got from you Grimario)

Wondering if my laptop will be able to run it? - FM18 runs well just dont have the hugest database loaded etc. Sometimes loading takes a while but yeah.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    you guys running FM20 yeah?

im still on FM18 (the copy I got from you Grimario)

Wondering if my laptop will be able to run it? - FM18 runs well just dont have the hugest database loaded etc. Sometimes loading takes a while but yeah.
    I would assume so but I haven't run FM on a laptop in ages. I play on 2d anyway haha

Yeah, running FM20. I went big on PC upgrade a year and a while back and runs wonderfully on full database with every single league loaded. I haven't given it a whirl on my laptop yet but would imagine it would be pretty slow. FM19 with just Australian players and leagues loaded was pretty taxing on it.

I was just talking to my brother about your game the other day... how I never win anything online apart from stuff I already have. Then literally the next day, I won a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Yeah, running FM20. I went big on PC upgrade a year and a while back and runs wonderfully on full database with every single league loaded. I haven't given it a whirl on my laptop yet but would imagine it would be pretty slow. FM19 with just Australian players and leagues loaded was pretty taxing on it.

I was just talking to my brother about your game the other day... how I never win anything online apart from stuff I already have. Then literally the next day, I won a computer.
    How do you win a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How do you win a computer?
    You enter a competition.

aww ok - then i might just stay with FM18. - its no gaming laptop, so would daresay would be to slow.
    Amigos Aarau

Not a bad season.

Didn't make the Champions League after drawing Red Bull Salzburg in the qualifiers. Surprisingly got through the Europa League qualifiers against Dinamo Zagreb... however dead last beckons in the group stage as FC Sion, PSV and Norwich are all WAY better than my club. Best result so far was a respectable draw against PSV but 2-1 losses to the other sides so far. Bottom at the halfway point

Lost at home in the Swedish Cup final to the team in 10th in the league. Beat them the very next fixture in the league.
    League was good. Wrapped up with two games to spare. Replacement Frenchy guy has done well.. 4 goals and 2 assists from midfield in his 11 games since my Serbian superstar left. Poor bloke has less than 13 minutes of football since his big money move.
    My Argie came back from injury and wasn't as amazing as I was hoping he would be. 5 goals in 14 is a long way short of the 24 in 28 he got last season.
    My right winger picked up a bit of the slack though... 9 goals in 22. The left winger I signed from Red Star was pretty hot when he arrived as well... 4 goals, 9 assists in his 10 games.
    The real break out star up front though was my former third choice striker who came in for my second choice Swedish striker after he had a long stretch out with a hernia and pulled calf muscle back to back. French striker scored 10 in 15 and more than made up for the others slacking off.

Club has set budget for next season at £75k per week and £5.5m transfer kitty. That's a tidy 25k increase available. Throw in the club building a new stadium, improving youth facilities and increasing youth catchment area, they are going to be well set up for the long term.

But I am going to leave... hopefully after they name the stadium after me. There's a bunch of Italian Serie C jobs available, one Spanish Segunda Division B but no Vanarama North/South ones available at the moment. I think I am only interested in a major rebuild from bottom up, so those are my preferences before joining the Jets in 2040 or something.

Every year, brand new pitch is laid the same day as we play our last game. No idea why.

Every year, brand new pitch is laid the same day as we play our last game. No idea why.
    How can you tell when a new pitch is laid? Unless you mean the inbox that talks about pitch size

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How can you tell when a new pitch is laid? Unless you mean the inbox that talks about pitch size

I assume it's a time of year thing, maybe? Though not sure why 1st November is a good time to lay grass in Sweden.

I assume it's a time of year thing, maybe? Though not sure why 1st November is a good time to lay grass in Sweden.
    wouldnt be doing that here, and im in Switzerland haha.
    Amigos Aarau

havent moved to artificial turf yet?
    Amigos Aarau

I've never seen that message