Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    2017 is probably a better bet given how shit they are on release. A League wasn't playable until two or three patches in.
    That is very true

Would love to see someone put together a full Australian pyramid for FM17.. Anyone using a decent one?

Had Guangzhou away first and destroyed them. Jackson Martinez, earning more than entire Jets senior, youth and staff put together was shut out by Mateo Poljak screening in front of Tom Beadling and Lachlan Jackson. Mabil, Kokko, AML guy and Brazilian DL all scored... and it could have been more as I cracked 25 shots off to their 3.

Got a 90 minute flight coming up, see how much i can get thru on that.
    Battery died on my flight and when loading back up, save is corrupt Going back a few weeks to the last auto save.
    Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Would love to see someone put together a full Australian pyramid for FM17.. Anyone using a decent one?
    There was a decent one a few years ago but haven't seen one for 17

Guys sorry to interrupt on your excellent jerk save updates but I thought id get in and tell mine.

for years I've been so anti a league saves as its basically impossible to do anything serious of note or any fun, I usually go a Belgian, Norway, lower level German or Spanish team or do the non league dream

after probably 2 editions I've finally given the jerk one a go again

Season 1

awful, ****ing awful. I tried utilising kokko and nordstand in a target man, false 9 arrangement and the pair were hopeless together, any fixture where they were injured or suspended (kokko loves a heavy tackle) nabbout/vujica are so badly rated so basically had no left side I also play with no transfers on first window so couldn't fix it.

managed to limp to January with only 2 wins and a ffa cup qf where I got jammed by glory 4-0 then made the executive decision to cut some ties. I sold kokko for 200k to Sweden, brought in Mitch Austin (on a free after victory let him go to keep beister) and LB youth from Palermo on loan to fix my left side, brought in vidosic as my guest player. immediately changed the formation to a 4-4-1-1 with vidosic and nordstand together and bang the goals and results came. still finished 9th as I was so far down.

Second Season

FFA Cup champions with all games against A League opposition. brought in basically all victories rejects as squad players (Ingham, mahazi,) got Alex cisak in as a much reliable GK, kept vidosic, & signed a Brazilian (Thomas) as my number 9 (false 9)

changed my formation to a 4-3-3 with the false 9 (so basically striker less) went too a fluid counter attacking approach and killed teams on the break with vidosic clut, Steve ug feeding my front 3 quickly.

finished 3rd on GD unfortunately knocked out by MV in prelim final.

Starting 3rd season now and just been offered interview by Tianjin Teda

did the interview but jeez I'm confident about my jerks team, I've signed Scott McDonald, Rhys Williams, Adam Federici, Jack Hingert all on normal wages and Bernie ibini as my guest player and a young English talent by the name of Ryan Yates.

might save it if I get the Tianjin job and come back at a later date.

certainly enjoyed the jerks much more then any other fm editions, feel as though its much more off a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

So many MV rejects available, eh? Bray was my best pick up but he is gone at seasons end. Looking likely to get Jordan Holmes in full time after his loan period ends.

Mabil on loan has finally come good too but not sure I will be able to keep him permanently. So many good marquee options out there as well.

Battery died on my flight and when loading back up, save is corrupt Going back a few weeks to the last auto save.
    Finally got caught up to where I was before this... only won 2-0 but lost league game after short turn around 3-2 to MV. Beat AU 3-0 after a week off and now having an easy time of it against Buriram midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Guys sorry to interrupt on your excellent jerk save updates but I thought id get in and tell mine.

for years I've been so anti a league saves as its basically impossible to do anything serious of note or any fun, I usually go a Belgian, Norway, lower level German or Spanish team or do the non league dream

after probably 2 editions I've finally given the jerk one a go again

Season 1

awful, ****ing awful. I tried utilising kokko and nordstand in a target man, false 9 arrangement and the pair were hopeless together, any fixture where they were injured or suspended (kokko loves a heavy tackle) nabbout/vujica are so badly rated so basically had no left side I also play with no transfers on first window so couldn't fix it.

managed to limp to January with only 2 wins and a ffa cup qf where I got jammed by glory 4-0 then made the executive decision to cut some ties. I sold kokko for 200k to Sweden, brought in Mitch Austin (on a free after victory let him go to keep beister) and LB youth from Palermo on loan to fix my left side, brought in vidosic as my guest player. immediately changed the formation to a 4-4-1-1 with vidosic and nordstand together and bang the goals and results came. still finished 9th as I was so far down.

Second Season

FFA Cup champions with all games against A League opposition. brought in basically all victories rejects as squad players (Ingham, mahazi,) got Alex cisak in as a much reliable GK, kept vidosic, & signed a Brazilian (Thomas) as my number 9 (false 9)

changed my formation to a 4-3-3 with the false 9 (so basically striker less) went too a fluid counter attacking approach and killed teams on the break with vidosic clut, Steve ug feeding my front 3 quickly.

finished 3rd on GD unfortunately knocked out by MV in prelim final.

Starting 3rd season now and just been offered interview by Tianjin Teda

did the interview but jeez I'm confident about my jerks team, I've signed Scott McDonald, Rhys Williams, Adam Federici, Jack Hingert all on normal wages and Bernie ibini as my guest player and a young English talent by the name of Ryan Yates.

might save it if I get the Tianjin job and come back at a later date.

certainly enjoyed the jerks much more then any other fm editions, feel as though its much more off a challenge.
    How did you not get sacked season 1??? and i agree on Kokko and Nordstrand every game the ****s get injured and dont get me started on how shit Nabbout is in game (8 pace wtf). How does hoole go??? he always whinges to me about no first team football but whenever I play him he does jack shit. (Just like real life haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I reckon I'm going to start a non league job in England. Want to experience brexit

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How did you not get sacked season 1??? and i agree on Kokko and Nordstrand every game the ****s get injured and dont get me started on how shit Nabbout is in game (8 pace wtf). How does hoole go??? he always whinges to me about no first team football but whenever I play him he does jack shit. (Just like real life haha)
    Hoole is somehow happy being my back up fb and winger now. He's started 3 or 4 games but the rest just off the bench.

Thinking of making a move for a Petermann since he's on the outer at Palermo. Would be a step up from Poljak.

Also picked up another gun youth striker from the npl. He's even better than the guy i had come through my set up and cost me under 2k.

Finished season 17-8-2 record, top of the league by 7 points.
    Beat City 2-1 in SF then Perth 3-1 in ET of the GF thanks to them getting two players sent off.

Kokko finished the season on 18 goals and 8 assists from 34 starts and Sergio Sagarzazu justified marquee wages on the left wing with 16 goals and 7 assists. Vidosic chipped in with 7 goals and 11 assists as marquee AMC and loanee Mabil had 8 goals and 16 assists on the right. Cowburn got fans POTY with a goal, 5 assists and 7.44 average rating for the season. Jackson was the standout performer though with a 7.57 average rating and is in the 2018 WC squad.

My youth player scored 5 in all comps in 23 appearances. The even better NPL regen I signed from Marconi for 25% profit and a friendly scored 5 as well in 19 appearances (includes Asian CL).

Comfortably won group in ACL, 5-0-1 record, bettered by MV who had a 5-1-0 record in their group. Sydney didn't get out of group, teehee. MV are through to QF with a two leg win over Beijing Guo'an whilst Jets won against Jeonbuk.

Labi, Boogaard, Sawyer and Alessi all released. Mabil and two Brazilian DC loans all expired and couldn't renew Beadling extended and will probably partner Jackson unless I get another star loan in and the Brazlian DL still has another year to go. Jordan Holmes finally agreed to transfer so will join me after loan ends. Davide Petermann will be a Jet as well coming in under the cap when he exits Palermo. If I win ACL, I have promised him a near $30k bonus... ugh. Have an NPL left winger regen coming in to back up aging marquee - scouts rate him as 4.5 stars, so hope he comes good. Also have Christian Gonzalez, Sydney FC youth player, coming in on a free. He looks quality and is only 21, so will be a decent option if the Braz DL gets recalled.

Despite his great season, hoping to offload Kokko. He will be 31 before season starts and the NPL striker is already better than him with my youth player not far off it.

Also, I am now £40m in debt as the club bought Hunter Stadium. I am never going to be able to spend transfer fees again

just finished my 4th season last night and had my greatest tactical moment in FM history.

season 3 was a nightmare, didn't get the Tejan job and lost boogard & Jackson to season injuries, killed me scraped 6th knocked out first week to Sydney

Season 4 started it all with some unreal signings.

basically a brand new team from season 1

clut, cowburn, jackson, steve ug, hoole & bymora were the only ones to remain.

signed Cameron burgess, Alberto aqualani (beast in the HAL actual jerks should look at him), gerthin jones from Everton, bruce kamau, Rhys Williams & Federici.

finally got out of my rigid formation and went fluid.

finished 2nd and had to play the gypos in the gf qualifier. Okon is easily the best manager on the game for youngsters he removed basically the whole squad and has a team of regeneration players with Steven Davis from Southampton marshalling them around averaging 65% formation a game.

I changed my tactics to play the most rigid game possible and planted Lachlan Jackson as my target man (yes you read right), with the instructions not to move from the front line and just hassle to the fluid cbs. 2 goals from the big fella of crosses winning 2-0, back to my normal formation for the gf v MV and a 3-1 win AET.

contract is now up and I'm thinking its time to go although the ACL interests me, I can't go much further with this team as the youth products aren't very decent and the average age of the team is now 28

will decide tonight.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    just finished my 4th season last night and had my greatest tactical moment in FM history.

season 3 was a nightmare, didn't get the Tejan job and lost boogard & Jackson to season injuries, killed me scraped 6th knocked out first week to Sydney

Season 4 started it all with some unreal signings.

basically a brand new team from season 1

clut, cowburn, jackson, steve ug, hoole & bymora were the only ones to remain.

signed Cameron burgess, Alberto aqualani (beast in the HAL actual jerks should look at him), gerthin jones from Everton, bruce kamau, Rhys Williams & Federici.

finally got out of my rigid formation and went fluid.

finished 2nd and had to play the gypos in the gf qualifier. Okon is easily the best manager on the game for youngsters he removed basically the whole squad and has a team of regeneration players with Steven Davis from Southampton marshalling them around averaging 65% formation a game.

I changed my tactics to play the most rigid game possible and planted Lachlan Jackson as my target man (yes you read right), with the instructions not to move from the front line and just hassle to the fluid cbs. 2 goals from the big fella of crosses winning 2-0, back to my normal formation for the gf v MV and a 3-1 win AET.

contract is now up and I'm thinking its time to go although the ACL interests me, I can't go much further with this team as the youth products aren't very decent and the average age of the team is now 28

will decide tonight.
    Jackson at ST wow Mark Jones is that you?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Jackson at ST wow Mark Jones is that you?
    He just got MotM against Uruguay at the WC. If only he was as good in the real world.

how much of a difference fm 14 to fm 17? should just straight upgrade or say by 16? or wait for 18?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    how much of a difference fm 14 to fm 17? should just straight upgrade or say by 16? or wait for 18?
    massive difference wait till 18 I say

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    massive difference wait till 18 I say
    Huge difference but I would actually suggest get FM17 now for dirt cheap... it's been down as low as $25. FM 18 won't be a playable game for about 6 months after release anyway, so even though it will be out later this year, it won't be worth playing till early-mid next year.

Got out of WC group with a 1-1-1 record, including a 4-3 loss to Spain. Beat Uruguay in the second round and got smashed by Argentina in the QF as they went on to win the whole thing.

Offloaded Brymora to WSW. He's not very good.

Picked up a former Inter Milan and Sporting Lisbon youth squad right winger so that means Hoole can go back to the bench. Also had another pair of NPL gems recommended to me, regen striker signed from New Town Eagles and another who dropped out of FFA CoE. Still trying to offload Kokko... surely a goal every other game striker must be wanted by someone.

In typical Jets fashion, have drawn Perth in first round of FFA Cup.

Still trying to offload Kokko... surely a goal every other game striker must be wanted by someone.
    Some idiot (i.e. me) still had his asking price set at £2.5m from when I had clubs trying to steal him after first season. Sold to ADO Den Haag for £450k. They're also after my AML who I would happily offload for the right offer. He's just hit 30 and starting to decline. Blackburn are interested in Vidosic as well so I might suddenly have two marquee spots opening up.

He just got MotM against Uruguay at the WC. If only he was as good in the real world.
    he has just signed for pec Zwolle on my game after I left

have joined Beijing

wish I read a bit more on them.

there 4 foreign players bar 1 are all over 30 and have contracts into next year. hopefully can sell them on.

3 games to go in the regular season coming 8th.

evergrande and Shanghai miles ahead.

Hail Body!

Some idiot (i.e. me) still had his asking price set at £2.5m from when I had clubs trying to steal him after first season. Sold to ADO Den Haag for £450k. They're also after my AML who I would happily offload for the right offer. He's just hit 30 and starting to decline. Blackburn are interested in Vidosic as well so I might suddenly have two marquee spots opening up.
    Blackburn and Ipswich both bid and Ipswich took him. £1.2m is insane but okay. Freed up squad room and wages for Terry Antonis on a free and going to get Curtis Good in to partner Jackson. Also got Armenakas in on loan so that covers all of my attacking third options if needed.