Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And have just been drawn with Italy, Uruguay and New Zealand in the World Cup. What a group.
    On FM10 i was drawn with Chile, Spain and Mexico

The FM14 beta is out today, the full version is out in 2 weeks. Does anyone else have it?
    The Jets are crap but thats real life i guess.

Nah, not yet. Will definitely get it but I want to finish this damn pentagon challenge in 2013. Longest game I've had since around 2005, I reckon.

And have just been drawn with Italy, Uruguay and New Zealand in the World Cup. What a group.
    Lost 1-0 to Italy, beat NZ 2-0 and beat Uruguay 2-1

Beat England on penalties then lost to Netherlands in the QF.

That was a season and a half ago... since then, I have won the Asian Nations Cup, the first manager to do it in this game. Only real players left in the team are Dean Bouzanis, Julius Davis and Jackson Irvine... and only because my two preferred midfielders were out.

Nah, not yet. Will definitely get it but I want to finish this damn pentagon challenge in 2013. Longest game I've had since around 2005, I reckon.
    Which continents do you have to go?

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Which continents do you have to go?
    I've only done Asia and Europe Still North and South America and Africa to go.

Got knocked out by Boca with Universitario. Not sure if I can win the South American leg with the Peruvian best, my best player wouldn't make it onto the bench of Boca and they have players whose individual salaries are significantly more than my entire salary.

www.greenmangaming.com

Use code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833 at check out for 25% off

$37.50 which is cheaper than FM2013 has been for the last 12 months with the exception of one weekend sale in June just gone.

I succumbed and pre-ordered, playing beta now. Feels slick compared to FM2013, lots of nice little changes, particularly around tactical set up.

Yeah will skip 2013 and go to 2014. Still loving my gladbach team at the moment.

8 games into new season (2020-21) undefeated.... Comfortable in champos group stage. Have Switzerland ranked number 5 in the world and currently 1 point behind top spot in World Cup quali
    Amigos Aarau

So in the beta I have started a game with the Jerks. It's pretty horrendously set up... half of the youth squad aren't even signed so bugger all depth outside your 23 man squad. Released Bridges (50k well spent), Regz and canned Burns loan - he is absolutely horrendous in this game.

Sent Oxborrow and Cooper out on loan to feeder club because they take up spots in the 23 and I needed to sign a few players.

Picked up a French winger called Olivier Cassan - in 9 games has 8 goals and 4 assists. Gun. Also picked up a Georgian left back called Amiran Sanaia, massive improvement on Gallaway.

Picked up Chris Triantis and Andreas Govas on short term deals to give me more depth.

Bad news - RubeZ is still shit. Based on the fact that Emerton has attributes good enough to be an EPL mid table regular, I am guessing one of the Australian researches is a SFC fan. Birraz is garbage (but has potential) as well so BK is starting. Regs also not remotely close to 4th best DC, Kanta even as secondary position is better than him. Also, see above re Burns.

Good news - Mitchell is fantastic. Better than Chapman so Aliens and Mitchell starting pair. Neville also really good. Kanta one of the best in the team as well so playing DM Anchor and vice captain. Caravella and Brown central mid pairing with Zenon captain and Frenchie and Goodwin as AMRL with Heskey up top = results.

9 games in, 6-1-2. Drew opening game against SFC, lost away to Adelaide and SFC second time around.

My old tactic of 4-1-2-1-2 got torn to pieces in my first attempt. Appears that having some width pays dividends.

Yes burns is shocking but how he played last to games it is almost fair. I'm beginning to be the Jets researcher this week so i will fix up the Jets attributes. Any suggestions you can always post here or on the si forum (my username is soccer.joel).
    I will post up my team and tactic from my first season in which i came 4th later

My old tactic of 4-1-2-1-2 got torn to pieces in my first attempt. Appears that having some width pays dividends.
    I played a tactic without wingers. I used Neville and an import as wingbacks for width. I'll post it later

have succumbed and pre-ordered.

will begin playing tonight when i get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Yes burns is shocking but how he played last to games it is almost fair. I'm beginning to be the Jets researcher this week so i will fix up the Jets attributes. Any suggestions you can always post here or on the si forum (my username is soccer.joel).
    I will post up my team and tactic from my first season in which i came 4th later
    Mine is the surprisingly named "Grimario" which you have responded to a few times :P

Highlight of the game so far... all staff agreed to cost free mutual terminations. Whoo.

Heres how I went in my first season

Only made a few signings. Toski (german left back), Barcena (Uruguayan / aussie keeper) and Ferreirra (was released by Adelaide)
    Here was my main tactic. I also used a 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1

Barcena is great but he signed for the scum in my game so I despise him now.

I am 5 points clear in February. Scored the most goals of all clubs (33), conceded just 1 more than Wanders (18 vs 19) and 12-2-3 record.

Heskey just hit his 10th goal to go with his 6 assists but the star is still my right winger who has 11 goals and 8 assists in 17 starts.

Whats your policy on signing ex-scum?

Reckon they would have to be some special talent to ever grace the pitch at Hunter Stadium in home colours.

no idea with graphics cards I think I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M is this good enough for 2014?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    no idea with graphics cards I think I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M is this good enough for 2014?
    Should be fine

Cheapest Place to buy?