Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    www.greenmangaming.com

Use code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833 at check out for 25% off

$37.50 which is cheaper than FM2013 has been for the last 12 months with the exception of one weekend sale in June just gone.

I succumbed and pre-ordered, playing beta now. Feels slick compared to FM2013, lots of nice little changes, particularly around tactical set up.
    This

Finished regular season, won the league by stupidly large margin.

Played 41DM221 most of the time, dropping back to a 41DM41 when away against quality, defending a big lead or the occasional injury/send off.

Heskey won golden boot with 16 in 22 and won player of the year.
    Cassan finished second in the golden boot with 13 and was part of the PFA team of the year along with Heskey.

Have managed to re-sign everyone that I wanted to keep and Pepper somehow got approached by Auckland City who I was more than happy to sell him for £125k They also came in for BK but only offered me £60k so, despite me wanting to make Birraz #1 next year, I didn't take that paltry sum. Hopefully can get rid of BK for over £100k.

Won't be re-signing Jaliens, starting to decline and think I can get a decent enough DC with less wages. Plus Mitchell isn't garbage (yet), so he can always start with Chapman just meaning I need some youth to back them up.

Nice season

Won the GF 3-2 over Adelaide with French winger double and an OG.

Scott Neville is so good in game that he is off to the world cup.

Won the GF 3-2 over Adelaide with French winger double and an OG.

Scott Neville is so good in game that he is off to the world cup.
    I had Taggart get into the World Cup squad after scoring over 10 goals in the A-League season
    I had another player in the squad, can't quite remember who

waiting for my pay, so will buy it once I do which will be any minute now... May not be able to play till tomorrow though coz I start at 4am

www.greenmangaming.com

Use code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833 at check out for 25% off

$37.50 which is cheaper than FM2013 has been for the last 12 months with the exception of one weekend sale in June just gone.

I succumbed and pre-ordered, playing beta now. Feels slick compared to FM2013, lots of nice little changes, particularly around tactical set up.
    Went to do this, signed up etc. Click on FM2014, buy now, says added to basket, asks me to keep shopping or check out, go to check out and it says there is nothing in my basket? Does it every time. Says it is in my basket buy as soon as I click checkout it goes to the checkout screen and says its empty???

Have you signed in? I had to sign in before it would recognise it as being in my basket.

Have you signed in? I had to sign in before it would recognise it as being in my basket.
    Says I am. I'll sign out than in see if it changes.

edit. Nope, still same. Do I have to add funds before I order or something? Whats GMG credit?

edit. got it working
    Last edited by weston; 22-10-2013 at 06:16 PM.

What a coup.

Newcastle Jets are proud to welcome Mark Schwarzer to the #1 spot for season 2 of my reign.

And Chris Herd, why not.

Clearly forum was waiting for the full release of FM 2014 before it came back up.

Since the forum was down I played a second season with the Jets winning the league before losing the GF on penalties to Sydney

I then started a career with Australia. I was quarter finalists at the world cup and 2nd at the Asian Cup. I decided to write it up. You can read about it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...orld-Cup-Glory

Started a new unemployed game when full release came out. Currently on a roller coaster adventure with Caldas in Portugal. Have taken them to the top flight in 3 seasons but struggling thus far.

In Jets news...

GVE leaves at the end of the season, now at SFC.
    In comes Lino Sattin... who, as far as I can tell, has this as his first gig. Former player with Adelaide Blue Eagles but nothing else I can see. Has taken the club to 5th and 3rd place finishes. Penalty loss in Eliminational final against scum then 3-2 win against Perth/3-2 lost against Nix the season after.

Signings thus far...

Anthony Seric - one of the lost to Croatia players. Left back, retired in game now but looked a good signing based on stats
    Andy Rose - £8.5k from Seattle. Australian born, English raised, USA college educated midfielder. Have only heard of him because of the OS Aussies site.
    Alex Rafael - some Brazilian striker who isn't rubbish. 13 goals in first season.
    Dino Djulbic - DC, straight into starting line up next to Regan. Only played half a season so far.
    Mate Dugandzic - AMR, straight in. Half season as well.
    Jamie Young - Aussie born, English raised GK. Less than inspiring sounding replacement for Birraz. Currently playing Conference South IRL.

Goneskis
    Pepper - released and retired
    BK - back up at Sydney under GVE
    Neville - signed for Wigan, £300k. Helped them get promoted back to the EPL and then deemed surplus to requirements. Season out on loan with MK Dons. Wigan coming last in EPL. GG.
    Heskey - retired
    Virgili - released, currently without a club
    Oxborrow - season long loan with Dunfermline in Scottish Championship
    Goodwin - £500k to Blackburn in Championship. Starting AML, also played 4 times for Australia
    Birraz - £170k to Citadella in Serie B. #1 but team is awful, almost certain relegation.

Chapman and Taggart are both Socceroo regulars. Chapman isn't even a Jets regular. Was before Djulbic signed but is now third choice behind Regan and Dino.

So have just bought FM14.

looking forward to it. Will post when something worth posting happens.

Should say I have been a FM'er since '08. So we will see how we go. My love for mid-table though has always made my stories pretty boring for others.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 25-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Just finished my first season with the Jets. Just scraped into the finals finishing 6th. Was eliminated at the first hurdle in the finals series thanks to Sydney FC.

With 3 games to go in the season, Tinks gave the club a massive cash injection ($4.4m I think it was) and it boosted my transfer kitty from $12k to $1.4m so I am going to do some shopping in the off season.

Anyone get the mobile version? I've downloaded it for my Nexus and it works a treat. The My Team function is interesting - created a team to replace the gypos and ended up winning the league by a huge margin and took their ACL spot!

Mobile version is crap compared to PC so I don't play it

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Mobile version is crap compared to PC so I don't play it
    For mobile gaming it's decent. It'll never really compare to the full blown version, that I do agree with, but I don't think it's too bad.

Anyone else's fans have a fondness for flares?

I just clicked "pick a team for me" and got shamrock rovers.

Only loaded European leagues, all bar Belarus and a couple of other eastern nothings.

Doing ok. Started the game on England start date (July 2013), which is half way through the 2014 Irish premier league season. Was in second now first with a 4-2-2-2. Made some free transfers and get Rid of one player for 10k hoping I can do ok in Europe next season to go from semi-pro to professional, but can't afford it at the moment.