Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 757

Thread: Football Manager

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Developers can't be blamed for poor stats. They employ (don't think they are paid) people to scout every team throughout the leagues in the game. So whoever is doing the Jets' scouting for SI Games is who you would have an issue with.

    Mind you, they would probably have to get their data into the developers a long time ago.
    Oh, for sure. Tis why they have a "data issues" forum and a "bugs" forum over at SI because they are two different groups. Not sure if Jets have their own "scout" or if it is an A-League general one. Given how shit some of our players are, would not be surprised if it was a gypo. Though to be fair, they have some odd things happening as well... Rogic has had less than 5 games and is on the loan list.

    Wheelhouse chucked a tantrum so I fired him. Bastard

    Heskey re-signed for another season, Griff and Tiago declined dramatically to the point that Griff is struggling to keep Jesic out of the team
    Not re-signing Bridges as a player, might do it as a coach if I can cut a bunch of $$ of his wage.

  2. #22
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

    If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,099
    Just finished the season undefeated. 24 wins, 3 draws. Broke record for most goals scored with 67, only conceded 33. Griff finished on 19, Heskey on 16.
    Kanta got young player of the year, Dugandzic got player of the year with 12 goals, 19 asssists. Griff, Mitchell and Kanta all made team of the season.

    Scum finished 2nd last

  4. #24
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    348
    how do i get this football manager lads ?

  6. #26
    his haikus are shit pistolpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    how do i get this football manager lads ?
    Game shop or acquire by other means online. Does anybody play the handheld version? Got an iPad the other day and noticed it was on sale for about $5

  7. #27
    his haikus are shit pistolpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

    If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League
    Make Hutcho a ****

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    how do i get this football manager lads ?
    www.greenmangaming.com us cheapest I've seen

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Make Hutcho a ****
    He already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?
    Same 4-1-2-1-2 as I used in Fm2012.

    Birra
    Neville - Tiago - Mitchell - Goodwin
    Kanta
    Grossman - Brown
    Bernardo
    Heskey - Griff

    Grossman was my only purchase (apart from some youth guy called Nick Xanthapolous or something)

  10. #30
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    Brilliant!

    I'm sticking with FM 12 for now. I usually only buy every 2nd or 3rd installment, keep my career games going for as long as I can.

    Almost halfway through the season with League 1's Leyton Orient, won 7 in a row. 1 point behind top-spot MK Dons as they come calling. Won 3-1, top of the league (for now) and 8 on the bounce.

    Club record is 10 wins on the trot and 14 without loss (currently at 12 matches unbeaten).

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,520
    Can you get it on Mac?

  12. #32
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Can you get it on Mac?
    Yes you can. Same disc (if that's how you buy it) but it is also available as a Digital Download via Steam

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,520
    I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first

  14. #34
    his haikus are shit pistolpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    718
    I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!

  15. #35
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first
    Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

    If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  16. #36
    his haikus are shit pistolpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    718
    Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process

  17. #37
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!
    Potentially a new player to this game could find the FM Classic mode in FM13 less overwhelming. From what I understand, it's a stripped back version of the game, basically setting up your team to play the matches but not having to get into the deep stuff of finances etc.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.

  19. #39
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured
    Yeah, basically :P I find that there's always a few appealingly generated people who you can hire and they come with pretty good stats on the pretty cheap <$100,000 per year.
    Middleby Gone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •