Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Developers can't be blamed for poor stats. They employ (don't think they are paid) people to scout every team throughout the leagues in the game. So whoever is doing the Jets' scouting for SI Games is who you would have an issue with.

Mind you, they would probably have to get their data into the developers a long time ago.
    Oh, for sure. Tis why they have a "data issues" forum and a "bugs" forum over at SI because they are two different groups. Not sure if Jets have their own "scout" or if it is an A-League general one. Given how shit some of our players are, would not be surprised if it was a gypo. Though to be fair, they have some odd things happening as well... Rogic has had less than 5 games and is on the loan list.

Wheelhouse chucked a tantrum so I fired him. Bastard

Heskey re-signed for another season, Griff and Tiago declined dramatically to the point that Griff is struggling to keep Jesic out of the team
    Not re-signing Bridges as a player, might do it as a coach if I can cut a bunch of $$ of his wage.

You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League

Just finished the season undefeated. 24 wins, 3 draws. Broke record for most goals scored with 67, only conceded 33. Griff finished on 19, Heskey on 16.
    Kanta got young player of the year, Dugandzic got player of the year with 12 goals, 19 asssists. Griff, Mitchell and Kanta all made team of the season.

Scum finished 2nd last

That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?

how do i get this football manager lads ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    Game shop or acquire by other means online. Does anybody play the handheld version? Got an iPad the other day and noticed it was on sale for about $5

You can change individual players' ratings in the editor yourself before you start a new game. Could make it a bit more realistic as far as the Jets are concerned anyway.

If you were really keen, you could do the same throughout the A-League
    Make Hutcho a ****

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    www.greenmangaming.com us cheapest I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Make Hutcho a ****
    He already is.
    That is actually incredible! What tactics are you employing?
    Same 4-1-2-1-2 as I used in Fm2012.

Birra
    Neville - Tiago - Mitchell - Goodwin
    Kanta
    Grossman - Brown
    Bernardo
    Heskey - Griff

Grossman was my only purchase (apart from some youth guy called Nick Xanthapolous or something)

Brilliant!

I'm sticking with FM 12 for now. I usually only buy every 2nd or 3rd installment, keep my career games going for as long as I can.

Almost halfway through the season with League 1's Leyton Orient, won 7 in a row. 1 point behind top-spot MK Dons as they come calling. Won 3-1, top of the league (for now) and 8 on the bounce.

Club record is 10 wins on the trot and 14 without loss (currently at 12 matches unbeaten).

Can you get it on Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Can you get it on Mac?
    Yes you can. Same disc (if that's how you buy it) but it is also available as a Digital Download via Steam

I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first

I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I've 'acquired' FM11 to see what it's like. So many intricate little details. You can really immerse yourself in it (for better results i presume). Just seems like soooo much involvement :S A little too overwhelming at first
    Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!

Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process

I've been playing for 20 years since the franchise first started. Would definitely be overwhelming starting playing now. Good luck, it is extremely addictive!
    Potentially a new player to this game could find the FM Classic mode in FM13 less overwhelming. From what I understand, it's a stripped back version of the game, basically setting up your team to play the matches but not having to get into the deep stuff of finances etc.

Getting good scouts and coaches is important. I try and buy as many young guns as possible and slowly bring them in. If you are playing in a lower league I always have success signing older guys with lots of international caps while training up the young stars. Once the older guys retire the young blokes are ready to step up. Easily get promoted in the process
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Would also add in a good assistant coach is brilliant as well. Stats I consider important when selecting one are Ability (Current and Potential), Tactial Knowledge and Motivation. Any extra coaching stats are a bonus in my books.
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Even go as far as saying the best staff you can get your hands on are a must. A good physio keeps your blokes on the park an average one and all your best players are forever seeming to be injured
    Yeah, basically :P I find that there's always a few appealingly generated people who you can hire and they come with pretty good stats on the pretty cheap <$100,000 per year.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out